Day Three of the WTNV Hiatus Challenge!
Let’s shake things up a bit. Last time, we asked what your favorite
segment was. But! If you could create your own segment on NVCR, what
would it be?
Neither I nor “Hey There, Cecil!” was part of Welcome to Night Vale last time. Just putting that out there. ;)
Some possible segments:
- Pet adoptions! Cecil profiles some of the animals available for adoption at the Night Vale SPCA.
- Community event photos! Cecil describes pictures (or wood carvings, or paintings, or what have you) sent in to the station from listeners who have attended various events around town.
- Stump Cecil! Listeners call in and try to beat Cecil at Jaws trivia. If they manage to defeat him, they are immortalized in stone at the local art museum, immediately. What an honor!
- Legal advice! Listeners can call in with their questions about what is and is not currently legal. (Amnesty for callers not guaranteed. Legal accuracy also not guaranteed.)
- Community voices! Brief, censored editorials from members of the community. No, no one’s saying anything under duress!
- Birthdays! Cecil reads a list of the names and ages of the people whose birthday it is today. (This could be intriguing)