Me again! Promo pic edition :) I've stared at the back of the head of whoever is answering the door for way longer than is socially acceptable (probably). At first I was convinced it was Fitz, but the longer I look the more I'm questioning if it is Alistair? The hair doesn't look quite right for FW!Fitz, but the body type strikes me as more Fitz. What do you think? Thanks again for being so awesome :)
Anonymous said: So it looks like the Jemma/Fitz confrontation is happening in 4x20??? Also is she pointing the gun at Fitz or Alistair? I can’t tell
Anonymous said: hi!!!! i’ve just seen the promo pics and im SO excited. Any idea of why is jemma going to meet fitz’s dad???
Anonymous said: So do you think the photos from 4x20 where Jemmas holding a gun I presume on Alistair hate happening in or out of the Framework? He’s just dressed and styled so differently than we saw in 4x18
Anonymous said: In reference to the latest promo pic, who do you think Jemma’s pointing the gun at? (Also, thank you for all the time you spend answering these questions :))
Here we go guys! 4x20 Promo Pic Ask Round Up!
So I’ve been starting at these pictures for a few hours now, batting around a few ideas, playing in photo shop, and rewatching scenes to get the looks at the backs of peoples heads.
First up! WHO is Jemma pointing the gun at?
Its Fitz…Alistair….or someone left off the press release.
The first thing that jumps out at me is where they are at. It doesn’t scream Head of Hydra for Fitz or even seem to be in Papa Fitz’s taste (I picture something more modern for them). Next is we have seen Fitz constantly surrounded by security while he’s been in the Framework, so how was it that Jemma just walks up and knocks on his front door. Or Alistair’s for that matter, the father of “The Doctor” would also have protection when he was out and about.
Then I went and lightened the photo up a bit…because really we couldn’t add another light in here guys?
And then we compare the backs of heads….
I checked the guest stars and it doesn’t really match anyone on there either…maybe Burrows. Though once again the location doesn’t make sense. Though with this arc…we could still see a surprise or too (but no I don’t think that is Hunter).
EARLY theories: Bear in mind we have a ton of unknowns right now. But it seems we are in for one heck of a twist at some point in 19.
Jemma is getting Her man back and going to give Alistair all sorts of hades while doing it. My “Its a Trap” theory is right and Radcliffe played Daisy.
- Those ‘safeguards’ he was talking about actually reset the the Framework and make it the happy place he intended it to be. The “Farewell Cruel World” is literally and the “Cruel Part of the the Framework goes away.
- This also works if the system resets after AIDA get’s what she wants from the Framework.
- This would also explain why some aren’t ready or are unwilling to leave.
Adding to that idea is Papa Fitz here….looking awfully ‘dad’ like there. And a hint of Season 1 Fitz with the patterned shirt and cartigan. Quite the difference between the Alistair we met last week.
- If they system resets for whatever reason, and the Framework gets sunshine and rainbows, the version of Alistair we see is the father FITZ wanted to him to be. Loving and supportive. However the the trade off is he is still missing his memories of Jemma and the team.
Another option is there are 2 Fitz’s in the Framework.
- “The Doctor” was created by AIDA For Ophelia to mimic the relationship and get Looking Glass going.
- While the ‘real’ Fitz has been off living in the country with his ideal father. His memories of Jemma and the team are gone but he’s been relatively ‘happy’ out there.
A deal has been struck:
- My Papa Fitz is in cahoots with AIDA and/or Radcliffe is true and once AIDA gets what she wants she wipes Fitz’s memories again and gives him to Papa Fitz for another do over.
Something to do with Project Looking Glass:
- IE this is an effect of it being activated.
Finally, its a massive fake out and Papa Fitz and Jemma aren’t in the same location at all.
Other things we need to note:
- Lil and Iain both have doubles for this episode, the only main cast members that do.
- Jemma is still in her Framework jacket.
- Jemma could be one of the ones unwilling to leave, we could get a “I’m not going anywhere without Fitz” moment.
- Jemma seems to be alone, so perhaps a parallel of Fitz’ searching for her/information on the monolith. Daisy has left for the Real World to get to the hostages physical location.
- I suspect there could be some sort of loophole in play that the hostages will gave to go through the backdoor themselves to go. Because why else would it matter if they were willing to leave.
- No matter who it is…Jemma’s there in order to get Fitz and the others back.