5 items of note in no particular order which provide me with a modicum of happiness in a world of somnambulists. (Tagged by relinquished-daemon and miniqules)
1. Inebriation of the Senses (Sex, Allies, Magick, and Riddim in any combination)
2. Reading Seductive Books (generally non-fiction or fiction that reads like non-fiction – Borges, Nabokov, Danielewski)
3. Good Conversations (particularly where both see each other as peers and know how this “talking with strangers” thing is supposed to work. Additionally, I despise whiners)
4. Festal Solidarity (Good parties can change someone’s life. Also, I’ve learned more from how to keep the carnevale going without losing your mind than I ever learned in school or elsewhere)
5. Making you happy – I really enjoy seducing folks out of their preconceived shithole of what they are certain life is about into something filled with more sunshine, more starlight, more laughter, and better drinks.
I’m supposed to tag 10 people with this so I’ll play along but do one better and give a reason why I tagged these people:
1. babyslits because I enjoy his tastes and would love to hear him open up more about himself
2. gnothyself because she’s having a crap time and I want her to be reminded of the things that give her joy.
3. doneleven because even though I talk to Don often in person I’d love to hear what his responses to the above are.
4. saviourxxx because for all the steamy passion of his blog there’s also a real sense of some dandyism-noir/melancholia there and I’d like to hear about the flip side of that coin.
5. mexicanthessaly because I usually only hear from him when he’s upset :)
6. malikot-ako because I can listen to him talk about a crack in the sidewalk and be ridiculously entertained by his telling.
7. ogtumble because he sends me holiday cards filled with full-throated laughter and good cheer
8. kosmicbrujx because he speaks truth to power and brokers no bullshit from nobody by extension I want to hear anything he has to say.
9. beautiful-solar-bastard because he likes a large amount of my content and I know next to nothing about the guy, other than he has fabulous taste ;)
10. the-sea-and-the–stars because they’re the most recent addition to this blog’s readership.