I started listening to Welcome to Night Vale recently and I think I fell in love, thanks again for showing me this shit @silversatori! xD
I got curious if there was any fanart of him and checked out the tumblr tags (in hindsight maybe not the best idea, I might have spoilered myself a little lol) but I wanted to draw Cecil as well at least once and since for all I know he has little to no taste in fashion (like me) I crammed up some imo shitty looking clothes and threw them together in this doodle And yes, that is a friggin Jat (jeans+hat)
My overall design for him as it is now isn’t really mine though, I just kind of threw together all kinds of designs I saw and liked and crammed it all up into this out of both lazyness and tiredness :’D
I know I’m hanging behind on things, but I hope that you’ll (after a too long period of not posting any art lmao) like it~
80 Things To Do and Not To Do at the Sakamaki Mansion
1: Don’t run away because they will find you… And kill you, unless you have something they want.
2: It’s a good idea to stay out of the rooms with the giant locks on them. Yui made it obvious to them that she was in there since the lock was broken.
3: Don’t disobey. Or you’ll get hurt severely.
4: When taking a bath, bathe in a swimsuit and lock the doors. There is a certain someone that might want to check up on you around that time.
5: Make sure no vampires are in the bathtub. If there are, let them drowned. They can’t die that easily anyway.
6: Remember to drink your cranberry juice!
7: Make sure no vampire is in your room or outside your door if you plan on changing clothes.
8: Keep running and don’t bother looking back… But stay in the mansion.
9: Don’t stay in one place for to long, they’ll find you.
10: Stay out of Reiji’s library, especially if he’s in it. (He’ll drug your drink.)
11: Make sure to wear turtle necks and snug pants when walking around the mansion.
12: [Manga] Stay out of Ayato’s room. Not only is he a fan of torture devices, but I’m pretty sure he has a spiked coffin in there.
13: Avoid flying objects.
14: Watch for the craters.
15: Don’t screw around with the vampires. They’re hostile creatures.
16: Make sure you eat plenty of food or you’ll become a anemic, which is unacceptable within their standards.
17: Be nice to Kanato or you’ll pay for it later.
18: If you feel like something bad is going to happen, listen to you gut. Because something WILL happen.
19: Don’t aggravate Subaru unless you have a death wish.
20: Fight back a little, but not too much. Too much may get you in more trouble than you are already in.
21: Don’t wear skirts or shorts around Laito.
22: Don’t steal his fedora, if you know what I mean.
23: Stand near anything that could be used as a weapon for self defense.
24: Only give Kanato sweet things. We already learned what he does to bitter foods thanks to Yui.
25: Hide any phones or contact devices. They will be useful later.
26: Be crafty since this list is not meant to say “be completely obedient.”
27: Do your homework as quickly as possible. It’s bound to be interrupted.
28: Watch out for the creepy Butler. I doubt he’d hurt you, but he’s still there.
29: Steer clear of pools or any big sources of water if you don’t know how to swim.
30: Like Yui in episode 1, don’t check if the man lying on the green couch is still alive. He wouldn’t be there if he wasn’t.
31: If the vampires insult you, just brush it off. Apologies may annoy them.
32: During those times at the dinner table where they all sit at the table, be polite. Reiji didn’t seem too happy when Yui tried to leave with everyone else.
33: Eat as many onions or garlic as you can. If your blood tastes bad, they won’t want it.
34: Subaru’s Knife… It’s probably better if you take it. It’s way better than him having it.
35: Don’t wear high-heels. You can run better without them.
36: A reminder from 29 - Make sure you know how to swim.
37: DON’T TOUCH THE TEDDY. Or any personal items at that matter unless you want the attention.
38: Map out the area. Escape routes are useful.
39: [Manga] I probably wouldn’t touch the roses in the rose garden. I think that SOMEONE is pretty protective of them.
40: If you think a holy cross, garlic, or sunlight will help you, you’re wrong. If they did, they would’ve been dead by now. (I suggest trying a wooden stake to the heart while they’re sleeping.)
41: What would happen if you could sing? I wonder how well that will go down.
42: Take their suggestions into consideration. Subaru’s advice was useful. I wonder why Yui didn’t do it?
43: Plan out where to sit at the table. Yui sat next to Ayato and across from Shu. If you could change the seating, you should probably sit in some mix with Subaru (he care less), Shu (too lazy), Kanato (seemed more focused on murdering his food) or the empty seats by the ends of the table.
44: Don’t act soft around the vampires, show some confidence. They won’t have as much fun if you’re still showing pride.
45: It’s probably not the best to mention your beliefs since all they will do is mock them.
46: Depending on the abilities of these vampires, spread some seeds around your room or place. Apparently vampires can’t help but attempt to count them all. But keep in mind that it may not work.
47: Watch out for Reiji’s tea. It may be drugged, but it also could not.
48: It’s probably best not to wake Shu.
49: Even though I said to watch out for him, keep an eye on Shu so it doesn’t drown in the bathtub, if you’re careful enough to care.
50: Watch out for flying darts since it apparently solves problems.
51: It’s probably a good idea to have a plushie with you. Kanato may reconsider if he tries to beat the stuffing out of you. (pun intended)
52: Learning music may be helpful since 5/6 of the brothers pretty much enjoy music.
53: Try adapting to the vampires interests. If you and them like the same thing, they might not be as hard on you.
54: Add on to 38 - If you’re going to map out an area, try making notes on where the vampires are frequently at certain times. You’ll cross paths less if you know where they are.
55: Might want to carry around a small bottle of pepper spray or salt. They won’t expect you to have any.
56: Try to find as many weaknesses and tricks about vampires if you can. Some of them may actually work.
57: Along with being soft, don’t show fear. That’s what they’re after.
58: When interacting with the vampires, you might want to keep your distance, unless you want to be prey.
59. When a vampire is hungry, make sure you’re wearing clothes you’re okay with losing or staining.
60. Stay in your room as much as possible. Even if they know you’re there, there is a less chance of them all coming to you at the same time.
61. Try contacting a trustworthy friend about your troubles. They might not be able to help, but at least you have someone decent to talk to.
62. An addition to have the trustworthy friend - if there is a vampire near you when you want to talk private matters with your friend, learn a foreign language or some made up jargon so they can’t understand you.
63. If a vampire threatens to jump off the balcony, let them do it. Again, they won’t die as easily.
64. When they want to get under your skin, outwardly look offended. Inwardly, you can convince yourself it’s not true. But at least they think they’re winning.
65. Try keeping a journal of their likes and dislikes. If you understand them you’ll are better luck staying on their good side.
66. Make sure you go outside during the day a lot. It’s unhealthy to have low vitamin D. Even if you do lose some sleep, at least your in fit condition.
67. Make sure you work out a lot. You’ll need that energy to get away.
68. Maybe try to fakely commit suicide? Like standing on the top of a building and not fall or pulling a knife out and make it look like you’re about to cut yourself but don’t. People will put you in the hospital and you could have a break from them.
69. [Manga] Try giving in at some point. When Yui did it with Ayato, he lost interest.
70. Think long and hard about your actions and decisions. If you mess up they’ll most likely tease you about it later on.
71. Don’t do anything silly. They’ll probably make fun of you for the rest of your life.
72. Be quiet, if you can. They can’t get angry in the first place if you never said anything to make them mad.
73. Learn how to take care of yourself (cooking, hygiene, dressing, allergies, etc). You’ll be able to survive on your own and make a certain somebody happy when you make them food.
74. TRY NOT TO CUT YOURSELF! WHERE PROTECTIVE PADS IF YOU NEED TO! IF YOU BLEED, THEY WILL SMELL IT.
75. If you do manage to escape, go to some place they wouldn’t expect you to go. Like in a empty ally trash can or a tree in an old public park. Anywhere you can hide and get away from.
76. If you actually kept your contact device or found another, make sure whoever you dialed actually replies on the other end. Give a private quiz question to make sure they’re real, and make sure they stay like that long enough to give your message.
77. If you’re in school and have the same classes as them, sit as far as you can from them. They probably won’t do anything to you during your classes but at least you can have some time away from them and can focus on other things.
78. Don’t go to area where all the vampires are, unless it’s for the family dinners. If they’re playing in the game room and you don’t want to be the prize, you might as well come up with an excuse to get out of there.
79: Be ready for anything! Even if it effects your ways of survival!
80: Even though most of these are telling us to avoid them, that doesn’t mean you can’t get close with them. You may like whoever you please. Be careful! And Good Luck!