The Economy and other Domestic Topics
- Supports raising the minimum wage
- Opposes The Trans Pacific Partnership
- Supports a tax increase on the wealthy, 90% tax for top earners
- Supports the Affordable Care Act, as well as universal health care
- States that income inequality is a growing issue in the US
- Supports President Obama’s executive order on immigration.
- Supports the Voting Rights Act
- Supports net neutrality
- Advocates free college
- Relatively pro-Israel and critical of Palestine, said that Israel was provoked in the 2014 Gaza War, and that Hamas does not want the country to exist
- Mixed history on war, voted against fighting in the Gulf War and 2003′s Invasion of Iraq, but has supported the 2001 invasion of Afghanistan, the 1999 bombing of Yugoslavia and supports drone strikes.
- In regards to Islamic State, he is against boots on the ground to combat the group, but has supported the bombing campaign against them in Iraq and Syria
- Supports negotiations with Iran to freeze Iranian nuclear activity, against hawkish attitudes towards the country
- Supports LGBT Rights
- Voted against DOMA
- Supported the Supreme Court’s decision to legalize gay marriage nationwide
Police, Crime, and Gun Control
- Against gun control. Voted against federal background checks and supported the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, which bars the victims of mass shootings from suing weapons companies for making weapons involved with such a crime.
- Against death penalty, supports life imprisonment instead
- Against police militarization.
- On the fence on legalizing recreational marijuana, supports legalizing medicinal marijuana.
- Pro environment
- Voted for protecting ocean, coral, and Great Lake ecosystems
- Voted against speeding up approval of forest thinning projects.