An Edwardian woman dressed the part of a handsome Dandy writes a message to her lover, “Hello Kid:- How you be? I am Fine don’t I look it. You know you must not set this card on the switch board where you do your others”. What an intrepid romance it must have been.
It’s like the majority of people on tumblr get their news from a reblogged gif😒
1) the old man (Warren Beatty) didn’t announce a winner. He just stood there looking confused and was asking his co presenter (Faye Dunaway) to double check.
2) Faye didn’t properly read the card and just blurted out LaLa Land.
3) The cards are printed in a way that Warren didn’t know for sure if he had been given the wrong card or Emma Stone was the producer of LaLa Land.
4) There are 2 sets of cards printed in case of anything catastrophic that might happen, just so the real results are preserved and revealed.
5) The LaLa Land producers knew way before the first acceptance speech ended that the wrong winner was announced and instead of politely giving way the stage, they stood there and went through their speeches. Jimmy, Warren, the producers were trying to be polite by not just booting them off but they let them know they didn’t win. It must have been hard for them but they should have given way and let the production do their jobs.
6) There was no reason for Jordan Horowitz (producer of LaLa Land) to snatch that card out of Warren’s hand as he was trying to come up to explain what happened as it was his award to present. He was trying to correct a mistake that wasn’t his but given the fact that he was the presenter, he was the public face of this. I understand he was pissed, but he was still rude.
7) Emma Stone’s “I had my card the whole time” was a bit ignorant. Regardless if at the time she didn’t know there were two sets, she basically was calling Warren Beatty a liar without knowing all the facts.
8) There was no conspiracy to steal Moonlight’s moment. Someone fucked up and fucked up royally. They will probably never work the oscars again, never get another live tv gig and possible not work in the industry anymore.
9) The only thing that may have slightly (and I say slightly because I think the Moonlight people have been overly gracious towards the LaLa Land people) dampened Moonlight’s moment was the fact that you could tell they knew way early on they didn’t win and still stood on stage and gave their speeches until finally production decided to step in and move them off. Only then did Jordan Horowitz attempt to correct things after they refused to give way.
10) Jimmy Kimmel is a dunce. Nobody cares what he thinks about who should keep the award.
Most decks have the same standard 78 cards, but every deck is still a little different! The art, the energy, each new one can take a little getting used to. So here are some ways to do it!
Deck Interview spreads. These are really popular, so let’s go ahead and get them out of the way. There are tons of spreads available online that answer questions like, “What is your energy?” “What are your strengths as a deck?” “What kind of questions do you have trouble with?” “What can I learn from using you?” You can also just make your own! But doing a practice reading and getting the deck to say a little about itself can be very handy.
Look at it. Seriously, give it a good hard look. Spend some time on every card, seeing how the art makes you feel and what small details may support or enhance the meaning. The art will take a more nuanced approach or interpretation of the card beyond the few general keywords. For example, does the “Death” card focus more on the ending, or the renewal? Does the end look bitter?
Carry it around. Put it in your bag when you head out. Take it with you on trips. Even if you don’t plan on using it, have it on hand… just in case. Share memories with it, bond with it. Get comfortable with the presence of it.
Use it! Naturally! Eventually, you’re going to have to use it to break it in. You can’t break in shoes if you never walk in them. While I’m still getting used to the nuances of a deck, I won’t use them for my big complicated spreads right away, but I might use them for little things until I feel like I can use it for ones that take more brain power. Even if you’re an experienced reader, it’s okay to not jump in head first with complicated stuff on a brand new set of cards. There’s no rush!
The Best Picture mix-up wasn't a ratings ploy or white privilege conspiracy.
Y'all, save your brain cells and just scroll on by all of the thinkpieces that will hit the Internet today about what happened with the Best Picture announcement. I have already been text messaged, tweeted at, and facebook tagged about how it was a stunt for ratings, about how it was a conspiracy to overshadow Moonlight’s historic win, about how white privilege just led Warren Beatty to assume the result. Maybe because it’s 2017 and there are other things to worry about or maybe because it’s 2017 and I’m tired of the hyperbolic reactions to literally everything, but I’m not here for all the dramatic responses. The simplest answer is usually the correct one. I think the saying in med school is something like “If you hear hooves, it’s probably a horse, not a zebra.” That pretty much carries through most areas of life and the simplest explanation is almost always the correct one. Let’s break down three things real quick.
This fic started out as a drabble in response to @iwantakokokringle’s request for a “zimbits zoo meetcute”. 6000 words
later and here we are…
“He’s late,” Bitty grumbled as he bounced up and down on his toes, trying to spot the photographer in the swarm of students around them. His search was a little hindered in that he wasn’t sure who he was looking for exactly. He had only corresponded with the Daily’s photographer Brian over email and Brian’s student ID picture left a lot to be desired in identification purposes.
Next to him, Trina shrugged as she leaned over the card table they had set up to be their ticket booth for the weekend. The poster board that they had decorated to proclaim loudly “SAMWELL DANCE PRESENTS THE PETTING ZOO! ADMISSION 3 TICKETS” flapped in the wind as she taped it a little more securely to the table.
Just then, he spotted a tall dark-haired guy with a camera slung around his neck through the crowd. The guy was taller than Bitty would have guessed based on his student ID picture and a lot better looking, but the heavy-duty camera and the slightly lost look on his face as he scanned the crowd seemed like pretty good indicators. This was Brian at last. Bitty waited another minute as Brian looked around the crowd and with a roll of his eyes, he plunged into the crowd to retrieve the photographer. He had things to do this afternoon that did not include waiting around for the Daily’s errant photographer after all.
“For God’s sake,” Bitty said to himself as he dodged a gaggle of girls to land himself in front of the photographer. He still hadn’t managed to catch Brian’s attention until he reached out and grabbed his arm. Brian looked down at him, clearly startled, and frowned. Bitty immediately took his hand back and cleared his throat. “You’re looking for the petting zoo, right?” he asked.
This simple spell was created to make it easier to connect with a spirit, talk to them easier, and learn more about them. It will not work with an unwilling spirit. It will not work with an unwilling spirit. Be sure to get permission from them before beginning the spell.
🎴 Tarot Deck (Using an app or website is fine)
🎴 Rose Petals
🎴 Amethyst or regular Quartz
Combine the rose petals, cinnamon, and peppermint in a bowl, and set the stone on top of the mixture.
Begin shuffling the tarot deck, while speaking your intent to connect with the spirit, and ask the spirit to help you draw a card.
Focus on the spirit, and when you feel ready, draw a card. This card will indicate the spirit.
Set the card on top of the bowl, again saying that you wish to connect with the spirit and talk with them easier. If you are using an app, take a piece of paper and draw a representation of the card to set on the bowl.
Let the card sit overnight and bowl, and in the morning you can clean everything up.
Summary: AU. Reader is given the task of running a
popular love advice internet show when her coworker is fired. Her
cynical attitude toward love makes her offer some harsh advice, and more
than a few hearts are caught in the aftermath. Will hers be one of them?
Pairing: Bucky Barnes x reader
Word Count: 2,733
fire, panic, dangerous situation, rescue, drinking, bad jokes, I’m off the
handle because I no longer care
A/N: If you don’t like it, don’t read it. After the posts I saw
last week that personally attacked me…I wish some people put half as much effort into helping others and
the earth as they do being genuinely awful.
Tradition will always follow, and the Stellaworth edition of Code:Realize
fan disk set was no exception to the usual “3P” art. Well almost. This illustration was featured on both a clear file, a booklet & bromide card in the set.
Here we have Van, Cardia, Lupin & Sissi
ready for bed in old fashioned pj’s. The gentlemen seem to be reading a story to Cardia while she listens in. I usually
prefer just Van & Cardia together, but Sissi adds a cuteness to the whole illustration that I’ll forgive Lupin being
there. If you ask me, they’re probably reading “Snow White & the Seven Dwarves” or “Cardia in– Alice
in Wonderland!” given some of the bonus illustrations released with other sets for the game. Good night and sleep
If re-posting please credit to “flowermiko” at Tumblr or Twitter.
DO NOT UPLOAD TO ZEROCHAN. Thank you and enjoy!