If Piper was a daughter of Hades, how different do you think she would be?
Oh man, this is an amazing question. Here are my head canons for Piper as a daughter of Hades.
- Her mom Trista McLean is a famous actress notable for her rolls as very deep, somber characters and best known for portraying Death in a movie about a car crash victim that has to accept their demise and move on
- Hades was fascinated by her portrayal of Death and they met/fell in love while the movie was being filmed
- When Trista found out she was pregnant she tried to hide the truth about Hades from herself in hopes the baby would never have to know
- Growing up Piper would constantly find dying animals and take care of them until they passed away, she often sang dirges to them to ease their suffering
- At first she wanted to get into acting like her mom but after giving Hamlet’s soliloquy at an audition for school play and receiving shocked silence changes her mind
- Trista continues to hide Piper’s father from her thinking it will keep Piper safe but it creates arguments that lead to Trista sending Piper off to boarding school
- Piper sings dirges to herself and stands out from her peers to the point of frightening students and teachers and each school she goes to tries to find a way to push her out
- At Wilderness School Leo teaches her about Dia de los Muertos and Piper is strangely happy to know not everyone sees death and the afterlife as terrifying
- When Piper is claimed as a daughter of Hades CHB panics and Piper feels more of an outcast, she also worries Jason will hate her because of the relationship between their fathers and that Leo will abandon her too
- Jason tells her he couldn’t care less and still wants to be her friend and Leo jokes that now it makes sense why she’s so creepy
- After rescuing her mother with the help of Jason and Leo she confronts Trista about everything but Trista refuses to accept it and claims she won’t have her daughter suffer like the rest of his children and Piper understands
- Piper still decorates her hair with bright feathers in homage to her ancestry but also wears poppies, carnations, and marigolds to show death in a less negative light
- Piper struggles to fit in during the war and prove that she can both control her powers and use them to help