1. Jenna made sugar cookies earlier today that would make the ‘60s proud and I’m eating one.
2. Jenna and I started putting together our Greg and Tony cosplays the other day which happened to include a rather eventful trip to Goodwill (the bus driver’s skill was slightly worrying; we thought we might die)
3. The lease for the apartment we’re currently staying in ends before the one we’re moving into begins, so we’re taking a trip to Milwaukee during our “Homeless Week”. Yeeeeah forced vacation.
4. There was a heat index in the hundreds today and so when I got home from the lab I thought that maybe I had the flu but now that I’ve taken a nap and feel less like I’m going to die I’m like waaaaaaitaminute.
5. One of my favorite video games of all time is Lost Odyssey, but I’ve never actually played the 4th disk because the person I was borrowing it from lost it while I was on the 3rd…so Jenna and I bought our own copy and have been powering through it :)
I missed this notification yesterday~ but thank you!
I laid down for a not-very-restful nap then ordered dinner with my roommate and it ended up okay.
The guy (who had a part in it because he was making the marriage jokes in reference to himself) checked in on me a couple times (I didn’t respond but it was nice knowing he still cared eh?) then once I felt better we played videogames until bed time so it ended up okay. o3o
Once you get this you have to publicly say five things you like about yourself and send it to your 10 favorite followers!
HMMMM! thanks for the fanmail Nick :O Five things… here we go….
1) I’m a loyal friend - sometimes to a fault. I’m sure this will get me in trouble at some point… but I will fight and fight and fight for my friends. I will lose sleep for them. I will do -anything- for my few true, close friends.
2) I have a very fine-tuned moral code… and I stick to it. If something feels wrong, it’s wrong. I’m not 100% perfect on this front, but I really do work to be true to myself and my beliefs - but not force or expect others to follow them.
3) My brain is flexible. I can be intensely stubborn, but when someone presents something new to me (or a situation does that causes me to rethink something), I can weigh it against my currently-held beliefs or self-image and adjust as needed without too much turmoil about it.
4) I’m very self-aware. I feel my feelings, but also try to tune into them to find their source, their meaning, their lesson. This can also be a fault, but it has made me very introspective and thoughtful and the pros outweigh the cons to me.
5) I seek happiness. If I’m unhappy, I try to find out why, and fix it. This isn’t always so simple, of course, and is often a long process… but I work at it.