okay so I just feel the need to say why Brooklyn nine nine is the best show so strap yourselves in it’s gon be long
* first off, hella diverse cast
* and no “token” characters there just for the sake of diversity, each character has very different personalities from each other and represent the actual population
* despite totally different personalities they are all really good friends and care about each other so much- each character’s relationship is different and I find that beautiful
* wE HAVE A BLACK GAY MAN IN THE HIGHEST POSITION OF POWER IN THE PRECINCT?? that’s so cool
* amy santiago is never played off as “just Jake’s love interest/girlfriend” she has all her own plots and stories and is amazing and strong and the best
* healthy communication in amy and jakes relationship !!! making sure it doesn’t stop them from doing their job to the best of both their abilities !!!
* Terry is a very macho “man’s” man but isn’t afraid to show his feelings and it’s real nice to see them show how being emotional doesn’t make you a weak man
* the solidarity between the girls because we gotta stick together
* “I met god” “what does she look like?” “Ethnically ambiguous”
* constantly calling out the world for all it’s shit (homophobia, racism, gun laws, corruptness of the police, sexism, I cOULD GO ON)
* and now the reason I decided to make this now: THEY JUST MADE A WHOLE EPISODE ABOUT HOW BULLSHIT RACIAL PROFILING IS
* a show about cops still managed to find a way to talk about it bc they know it’s an important issue and did it in such an incredible way
* showed two sides of dealing with the situation, holts plan and terrys, and neither were ideal, both would have backlash for Terry more than the dickhead who stopped him tbh
* and showing Jake doing hella suspicious shit and not getting stopped
* oNCE AGAIN CALLING OUT THE WORLD FOR ITS SHIT
* (but this time with a whole ep not just mentions bless)
* also Jake and amy having to explain it all to Terry’s kids was v upsetting to see how scared they were at first that this would happen just because they were born as they were
* AND mentions of transphobia and telling the twins it’s okay if they don’t identify as female, what other show would
this ain’t even everything it was just getting v long
BASICALLY no show is as woke as brooklyn nine nine, it’s hella funny too with great plots and ships too if that’s what you look for and everyone should watch and @ fox if you don’t renew I will fight it is better than all other shows
*Sorry for the long post, not my usual deal, but this was too good a thing not to share, and too good a point not to make.*
Superman is not just a guy who can fly and is super strong who punches things to death. He considers all life precious, even the life of villains. And he cares very deeply for not just his friends and family, but all people. Clark Kent is mortal, he makes mistakes, he makes bad choices sometimes. He has worries, and fears. He’s hardly “perfect”. But what he is, is a symbol. He stands for something. And in a real world gone increasingly wrong, we need what he stands for worse than ever. The real world badly needs a Superman.
And that is why the depiction of Superman in the “Man of Steel” and “Batman v Superman” sucks. Because those movies show a Clark Kent who is selfish, who is brash and reckless, who charges into battle, kills enemies, and destroys property, endangering innocent lives without a second thought. They depict a Clark Kent who barely ever saves anyone. He’s not a hero. And that’s not who Superman is. Superman is a hero, the epitome of a hero. He does what’s right, even though what’s right is rarely ever easy. Doing what’s right has cost Clark a lot.
But Clark helps people, he stands up for the little guy. He doesn’t just save millions from alien invasions and natural disasters. He helps the homeless woman on the street. He helps a kid who’s kitten is in a tree. He takes the time to talk to a stranger who just might be thinking of jumping to their death. Superman loves saving people, because he loves people, he has a lot of compassion and empathy. And THAT’S the difference. What these panels show, illustrates perfectly the kind of person that Clark Kent is. The Clark in those new Superman films, would never even bother with this.
People who ship male characters who have never interacted and shit on male/female ships (and the female characters in them) with actual chemistry are so frustrating
Because, yes, I get that hetronomativity is a bad thing. But at a certain point it stops being pro gay and starts being anti women. Of course female characters don’t need dudes, but wanting one to have a happy and fulfilling relationship isn’t a bad thing. And so much of fandom is focused on romance that it just becomes another way to exclude women.
IMAGINE LEONARD MCCOY BEING WOKEN UP IN THE MIDDLE OF HIS SLEEPING SHIFT TO ASSIST IN A MEDICAL EMERGENCY AND HE ARRIVES IN SICK BAY STILL IN HIS LOOSE CHECKERED PAJAMA SHORTS AND BAGGY STARFLEET ACADEMY SHIRT WITH HIS HAIR ALL ASKEW AND THE ENTIRE MEDICAL TEAM HAS A COLLECTIVE HEART ATTACK