The preview image is killing me! XD His face is so comical, love him to bits! ♥
A source that seems to have an idea of what’s going to happen to Twelve, as in what causes him to regenerate, is something that makes a lot of sense. Not giving away spoilers, but think back to that whole speech the Doctor gave Clara in The Girl Who Died, how he said the pain of losing her was going to hurt so much, it would hurt to breathe. Yeeeeah, this is going to be so heartbreaking, I can already tell! :(
For Peter Capaldi’s birthday today, I put together some favorite Twelfth Doctor moments from Series 8, 9, and Christmas specials. From left to right, top to bottom:
1. “Please, just…just see me.”
2. “I - I don’t think that I’m a hugging person now.”
3. “Am I a good man?
4. "I’m part of you. My mind is in your mind.”
5. “Take a punt. Your choice. Wherever, whenever, anywhere in time and space.”
6. “This is getting silly.”
7. “Fear is a superpower.”
8. “Well, the systems are switching to low power. There are temperature differentials all over this ship. It’s like pipes banging when the heating goes off.”
9. “TARDIS, now! Do as you are told!”
10. - 13. Exploring and adventure in the lower rooms of Karabraxos, plus saving the female Teller.
14. “So much mental traffic in the universe. Solitude is the only peace.”
15. Playing with the invisibility watch.
16. “Well, you’ve explained me to him. You haven’t explained him to me.”
17. “The moon’s an egg.”
18. “In the mid-twenty first century humankind starts creeping off into the stars, spreads its way through the galaxy to the very edges of the universe. And it endures till the end of time. And it does all that because one day in the year 2049, when it had stopped thinking about going to the stars, something occurred that make it look up, not down. It looked out there into the blackness and it saw something beautiful, something wonderful, that for once it didn’t want to destroy. And in that one moment, the whole course of history was changed. Not bad for a girl from Coal Hill School, and her teacher.”
19. “To our last hurrah.”
20. “Sometimes the only choices we have are bad ones, but you still have to choose.”
21. “Well, now, I wonder what caused this?”
22. “This plane is protected, I am the Doctor!”
23. “Maebh. Maebh, this forest is communicating. With you. Nobody else. No technology can hear what it’s saying, but you can. Tell us what it wants. Where it came from. Just tell me who did this.”
24. “Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference?”
25. “I am not a good man! I am not a bad man. I am not a hero. And I’m definitely not a president. And no, I’m not an officer. Do you know what I am? I am an idiot, with a box and a screwdriver. Just passing through, helping out, learning. I don’t need an army. I never have, because I’ve got them. Always them. Because love, it’s not an emotion. Love is a promise.”
26. “Never trust a hug. It’s just a way to hide your face.”
27. “Look at me! I’m riding a sleigh. I’m riding a sleigh! Yippee ai-yay!”
28. “Clara Oswald, you will never look any different to me.”
29. “So, all of time and all of space is sitting out there. A big blue box. Please, don’t even argue.”
30. The Doctor’s first entrance of riding on a tank and playing the guitar.
31. “Well, you know what they say. Hugging is a great way to hide your face.”
32. “Okay, I’m going to tell you a story of the Doctor. It’s classic. On the run, no TARDIS. No friends, no help. In other words, the Doctor, happy. It was a long time ago.”
33. “Get out!”
34. “I want Clara Oswald, safe, alive, and returned to me immediately. You bring her back. You do that. You do that now. Unharmed. Unhurt. Alive.”
35. “Ahem. I’m very sorry for your loss. I’ll do all I can to solve the death of your friend slash family member slash pet.”
36. “Because I’ve got a duty of care.”
37. “Who composed Beethoven’s Fifth?”
38. “Doctor, I don’t care about your rules or your bloody survivor’s guilt. If you love me in any way, you’ll come back.”
39. “I’m not a hugger. Ahhh, this is not a hug!”
40. “You just decided to stay.”
41. “I’m the Doctor, and I save people!”
42. The Doctor reading Ashildr’s diaries, noting the tear stains and torn pages when the events were too devastating to keep.
43. The hilarious raid at Lady Fanshawe’s mansion.
44. “I missed you, Clara Oswald.”
45. “At ease. I’m the President of the World. I’m here to rescue people and generally establish happiness all over the place. The Doctor. Doctor Funkenstein.”
46. The Doctor trying to stop the Zygon from killing itself.
47. The entire scene of the Doctor’s antiwar speech, one of the top highlights in the history of the show itself.
48. The Doctor constantly looking at us the viewers but really looking at the bits of organic dust became an amusing thing throughout the episode.
49. “She’s better than that. She’s brilliant.” The Doctor warmly admiring baby Lucy was too adorable for words. His expression shows a longing to be with loved ones again, quite possibly his granddaughter in particular.
50. “The Doctor is no longer here! You are stuck with me. And I will end you, and everything you love.”
51. “Goodbye, Doctor.” Peter kissing Jenna’s hand was unscripted; he handled that emotional scene flawlessly.
52. “It’s funny, the day you lose someone isn’t the worst. At least you’ve got something to do. It’s all the days they stay dead.”
53. “I think, in my current condition, it’ll take me about a day and a half to reach the top of the tower. I think. If I’m lucky, I have a day and a half.”
54. “I will not let Clara die.”
55. “What do you say to lunch, followed by breakfast? Because we’re time travellers and that’s how we roll. Then cocktails with Moses. Then I’m going to invent a flying submarine. Why? Because no one ever has and it’s annoying.”
56: “It’s okay. It’s okay. I went too far. I broke all my own rules. I became the Hybrid. This is right. I accept it.”
57. “Is there anything on my head?”
58. “My entire understanding of physical space has been transformed! Three-dimensional Euclidean geometry has been torn up, thrown in the air and snogged to death! My grasp of the universal constants of physical reality has been changed forever.”