1. Ringing Bells - During the rein of Queen Elizabeth, it became popular to ring bells to ward away evil spirits, especially those at the foot of the bed as it was said to frighten them away. They were also rung during prayers to guide departed souls.
2. Curse of the Opal Stone - Some people believe opals are evil and unlucky. The superstition stemmed from the best selling novel ‘Anne of Geierstein’ by Sir Walter Scott in 1829 where Lady Hermione was falsely accused of being a demon as she dies shortly after a drop of holy water accidentally falls on her opal jewellery and changes its colour. This book had such an effect on the image of the Opal that shortly after its publication, the Opal market crashed and Opal prices dropped by 50%. Some say it is only bad luck to wear opals if you were not born in October.
3. Counting Crows - Apparently it was once thought that counting crows flying overhead could tell one’s fate. “One’s bad / Two’s luck / Three’s health / Four’s wealth / Five’s sickness / Six is death.”
4. Eye twitches - Though there is not much information about how this English superstition was idealised, it is said that in one of your eyes twitch, you are bewitched.
5. Gravestones -
If you align your gravesite (beforehand!) north-to-south you’re a witch.
6. Domovoi - A common Russian superstition is that one must never shake hands, kiss, sleep or sit near a threshold such as a door. Thresholds are where brownie-like creatures known as domovoi dwell and kissing or shaking hands is regarded as an offensive invasion of their space.
7. Yellow - In Russia, superstition people believe yellow to be a sad and unlucky colour.
8. Candles - In a candle blows out by itself, especially during rituals, it is a sign that evil spirits are near.
9. Chills - If you get a sudden shiver or chill, it is a sign that someone is walking over your eventual grave.
10. Sparrows - are said to carry the souls of the dead and it is unlucky to kill one.
Use this for magick and making moon water. To make moon water you simply put some water under the moon, it’s okay if it’s cloudy, and you only need to put it out for an hour or more. Store it in a dark space.
Sun water: for ego, dignity, power, pride, self confidence and leader ship
Just leave water under the sun and store in a light/open area.
the aries guardian angels are always on guard for potential accidents. aries have a risk taking capacity in every sense of the word, physically, emotionally, romantically. and an aries heartbreak can make angels weep because it is so innocent. the aries guardian angels have a lightning reflex, sudden chaos always threatens
the taurus guardian angels send messages in music, art, in sleep, and romantic partners. they can appear in forms of nature, often giving tremendous sources of inspiration and intuition through the body. a taurus knows that when their body knows, that this is pure. the taurus guardian angels know they can fly slowly and calmly, rest assured that discriminative judgment is always active
the gemini guardian angels fly in pairs, each keeping a watch for one twin, knowing their impulses, their quirks, and their propensity for anxieties and accidents - especially with the hands. mercury rules transport so geminis are protected when driving a car.
the cancer guardian angels sit closely, knowing they are constantly teaching and guiding in prophetic ways. they can leave messages in scripts of the moon and they are strongly protective of the person’s home. angels will guard this with all of their will. when angels protect a cancer, they become angels of the cancer’s family, they know the vitalness
the leo guardian angel is always waiting behind the spotlight, ready for presence when the lights have dimmed. there are few people a vulnerable leo will open up to. their guardian angels protect the heart. but they cannot prevent heartbreak, only offer unconditional love when they feel invisible
the virgo’s guardian angel often hides in the shadow, knowing the virgo will respond unkindly to being bothered or prodded. they are activated when the virgo becomes anxious, often requiring only a thought to dim the thoughts of pain. mercury rules transport so virgos are protected when driving a car
the libra’s guardian angel circles the heart closely, ever ensuring heartbreak does not cause complete death. they respond well to the libra’s expression of beauty, often activated through the libra’s natural play with the universe - lighting candles, creating colour, and being angels in human form to people
the scorpio’s guardian angel stands between two worlds, taking on the task of one who will constantly visit and than vanish from their frame of consciousness. the scorpio’s guardian angels wait with messages of profound sacred guidance from the unconscious. their wisdom is readily available
the sagittarius guardian angels absorb into nature, often reflective of the individual’s cosmic experience of divinity. they await in the higher mind, ready to dispel messages and guidance. jupiter rules foreign nations, sagittarians are protected when they travel abroad
the capricorn’s guardian angels appear and disappear, often conscious of the individual’s need for self sufficiency, but constantly leaving reminders through patterns and synchronicities that beneath everything their angels are waiting without judgement or criticism. the silver winged angel may appear to capricorn
the aquarian guardian angels are visitors from other galaxies, often activating their presence through sudden prophetic streams of ‘knowing’. they spark information through the frequent visits aquarians take to strange dimensions of consciousness. they may communicate through technological methods
the pisces guardian angel protects and guides overtly, often requiring constant communication and acknowledgment. the pisces rarely feels that she is alone. the angel guards closely for psychic absorption, and guards closely in sleep
Kay so my best friend is off to college before me so obviously I’m gonna make her a jar spell. I called this the “College Jar Spell” cause I’m just creative like that lmao. You have a little bit of everything tbh so here we go!
* Salt (cleansing and protection)
*Asafoetida (Protection and Banishing negative energies)
*Bay Leaf (Protection, Success and strength)
*Chia seeds (Protection and health)
*Cinnamon (Success, Luck, Protection, Happiness)
*Cloves (Luck, Keeping friends close, protection and Banishing negativity)
*Mint (Energy, Luck, Communication, Peace)
*Orange peel (abundance and happiness)
*Turmeric (Health and Protection)
*Amethyst (positivity, happiness, peace, new beginnings)
I’m not certain, but I’m guessing that Slytherin was the only dorm left undamaged after the battle of hogwarts seeing as it’s in a hard-to-get-to place, being under the lake and all.
can you imagine all these little first year Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors and Ravenclaws all crashing in the Slyth common room because they have no where else to go. Sure, the majority would have been evacuated before or during the battle so as not to get injured or in the way, but it’s unlikely that all would have been able to leave on such short notice.
imagine them all sitting huddled together because they’re afraid of these people who are supposed to be evil, who most of the school are apparently fighting a war against.
imagine the older Slytherins keeping their distance because they k n o w that the kids don’t trust them, but still sorting out beds for them, making sure that they’re all hydrated and fed, casting spells to make little floating candles that change colour like a nightlight for the kids who are scared of the dark. the more experienced kids casting silencing charms around the first years so that they can’t hear what is happening outside.
these tiny first year kids from different housing wondering how these people can be ‘evil’ at all.
A/N: Everything I write at the moment doesn’t turn out how I want, so I apologize in advance for this.
Word count: 3,143
I had been on tour with Shawn for about a month now and though we’d been dating for almost a year, I had never tagged along his tours before nor had I ever really gone to one of his shows, so sitting on the floor of the hotel room and doing my homework was a rather big step for us. Bringing me along and sharing this part of him was a rather big step for us.
Hi, so i really like making my own spells but i don’t feel very comfortable with saying loooong sentences and basically using a lot of words. So i often use One Word Spells.
Yes, the One Word Spells. They are more powerfull than you think. Rules are simple: say loud just one word.
This is how to do it:
1. Light a candle ( use colour that fits your intention or your fav ; )
2. Sit (on the floor, chair, whatever, just be close to the candle) and relax.I said: relax. It’s important. Really. Chill.
3. Think. Think about your intentions. Treat it like some kind of a prayer (?) Just think a lot about what you need right now, what is your intention. Don’t be afraid to talk a lot, it’s your own head, right?
4. Say it. Choose one word and ‘import’ all of your thoughts from
↑ in this few letters. Imagine this situation- your thoughts become 1 single word.
5. Leave the candle lighting for a moment. Stare in the flame, it’s cool, isn’t it? Now you can put it off. It’s over.