I was googling around Marvel’s database and….
DID YOU KNOW MARVEL HAS A GROUP OF CANADIAN AVENGERS???
This badass team of badass individuals is called Alpha Flight, was created in 1979, and some members still exist today.Marvel calls them “Canada’s answer to the Avengers”. Just pause for a second and read that again.
The original team was composed of (x):
- Guardian: a scientist from Winnipeg who flies and does shit with Earth’s magnetic field, wears a goddamn mAPLE LEAF on his costume
- Northstar & Aurora: twins from Montreal, mutants with super-speed and light generation powers, also Aurora has multiple personality disorder
- Sasquatch: basically canadian!hulk, from BC, turns into Sasquatch as result of a gamma radiation experiment
- Shaman: a First Nations medicine man from Calgary
- Snowbird: an Inuit demi-goddess from Yellowknife who can TRANSFORM INTO NORTHERN ANIMALS
Alpha Flight not only represented provinces AND territories, it represented the First Nations, and features characters with issues such as mental illness and dwarfism.
Plus if you’re not sold yet, Wikipedia literally, word for word, says there’s a character called fucking Major Mapleleaf who “is secretly a normal human with no superpowers who just rides a super-powered horse”. I mean WOW. Just wow.