PSA: Disabled POC Resistance!! I’m starting a POC centered disability march-esque centered protest blog
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/disabledpocresistance <—- Follow here but still in progress.
That’s it. I need to make myself a safe space where disabled poc can talk about their intersection of race and disabilities and nuerodivergence. In the Dumpbucket’s era it will be especially dangerous for us as it seems like for those of us with access to healthcare will be deprived of it, and we are more likely to have our needs neglected by activists.
We cannot campaign as hard as the rest of you. Racism takes spoons from everyone, so for a lot of us, we’re way in the negative. I fear for my vulnerable disabled poc who are vulnerable to suicide because it’s easy for their voices to get lost in all the shouting if we ever had once at all.
I AM LOOKING FOR MODS
- An uncensored safe space for disabled poc to vent.
- selfies from the community,
- drawings, writing, poetry from the community
- thoughts and support to and from community
- Promotion of disabled poc in works of fiction
- A basis to build a support network for vulnerable disabled POC
- An examination of race and how it affects how we view our own disabilities through our own unique lenses.
- A reminder to other intesections that WE ARE HERE, and unlike white people, disability doesn’t discriminate
You DO NOT have to justify your disabilities here. You DO NOT have to have an official diagnosis. You DO NOT have to disclose your disabilities here. This is your soundbox. I want to create a support network for us.
It is important that people remember us. We can’t campaign as hard as all of you. We rely on the more abled for help in many ways and that is not shameful. We need to let our presence felt by the abled POC community so that they do not forget us because we cannot shout as loud.
Please help me find others for this project by boosting this for me please!! I need to come up with a name, and start setting up a sideblog and this is my first undertaking of such a project. I want people of all faiths and racial intersections to be included in this blog. I do not have enough experiences to speak for more than myself. Please help me find others to help me build this community!!!