(Multipart ask, sorry!! T__T ) Part 1/3 Hello! I watched the movie in theaters last month and it basically filled me with so many feels that I had to find a place to unload them somewhere and I'm SO GLAD I found your blog because it is *amazing/insightful/everything*. Thank you so much for existing!!
(Part 3/3) And…if so, does Atem acknowledge this?? Try to send him back?? If Kaiba stays there too long will he just…disappear completely?? I’d love to hear your thoughts on this because I’ve just been driving myself insane thinking about it. (Sorry for such a long ask! >__< If this has already been discussed feel free to point me to the relevant post!)
Ok, part 2/3 was clearly incredibly important to this set of asks, but tungl.hel apparently decided to eat it and I never received it.
But if I had to guess, you were asking about all the *wiggles fingers* stuff coming off Kaiba in the Egypt scene which is similar to the stuff in the duel.
So my answer is: It’s all open to interpretation.
Ultimately it’s left unexplained, and we can do things with it, or ignore it, as much as we want.
- You could see it as him ‘losing life points’ and he’ll eventually die.
- You could see it as a timer saying his time is limited and he’ll disappear back to his home dimension when it runs out.
- Or you could see it as purely a symbol of him being connected to another dimension and completely ignorable.
- Or that it’s as a side effect of messing around with the Plana cube to power his cannon.
- Or he’ll win the duel and it will disappear.
- Or he’ll lose the duel and it will disappear, but he will not.
- Or it’s a sign that he’s already in a metaphorical duel.
There are loads of ways to view it and none of them are canon - we take it from here, and no-one’s reading is any better than anyone else’s, so view it however you want at the time, and when that stops working for you, try another one.
It’s our party.