So what I got from the newest episode of "Watching Sanvers Scenes on Youtube".
Heternormativity really traumatised me and I might never be over it.
I am revealing a tragic and very realistic backstory to you that a lot of our fans can probably identify with.
It would need a lot of screentime to resolve this issue properly.
But we don't get that much screentime because white cis fuckboy needs to fuck the former protagonist of this TV show.
After all, this is a family TV show and we can't tell happy straight ally (TM) families that they are traumatising young queer children.
So gotta go bye!
Some time later.
Yo, Maggie, it's nice that you adressed some issues so the gays can identify with you.
But now it's really time to quickly resolve this because after all this is a family's TV show. And if we really adressed properly that heteronormativity is hurting and traumatising young queer people, we could not really make white cis fuckboy fuck me in another scene of this tv show.
So pls just get your shit together! We need the gays to be happy and distracted from the bullshit we are going to pull.
Some time later.
What is going on, Maggie?
I forgot my personality at home when I put on that dress.
a comprehensive list of reasonable Gendrya shite i want
-her bursting into the room and him standing up quickly from the table of men he’s sitting at “Gendry!?”.. “Arya.. My Princess-” “Shut up” AND A HUG while the other men are like ?????????? and then Jon walks in and he let’s go of her and Jon just raises his eyebrows and walks away
-friendly teasing, arm punches, tickling, “Milady”
-tying a dirty handkerchief to his war hammer and saying “Don’t die.”
-him asking her to dance at the feast and they get all the way onto the floor before realizing neither of them can dance. “Shall we just.. get more some more mead?”
-them standing or sitting next to each other at least. just in the same damn frame pls.
-an ”I can be your family” parallel or 2 or 17
-someone to notice that they look like Robert and Lyanna. like i want Jorah to see them reunite and have a look on his face like: “de ja vu thooo!!!!”
-u know that scene when King Elizabeth Swann gives that epic “hoist the colours” speech to the brethren in PotC3? and Will Turner is looking at her like she is the most amazing person to ever exist? YEAH. yeah. i just want Gendry to look at Arya with utter amazement and pure respect.
-her to use her faceless man skills to fight him in a play fight and win. can she get him in a headlock or something? and like when she let’s go he must react like Linguini did in Disney’s Ratatouille when Colette pulled all the knives out of his sleeves like “WOW!!!” :D with fucking acorn hearts in his eyes.
DEGRASSI SEASON THREE IS ACTUALLY ONE OF THE BEST SEASONS OF A SHOW I HAVE EVER WATCHED ! So intense yet lighthearted and just so real - its beginning to give Skins, Skam, etc. a run for their money again. Everything in just ten episodes proves what wonders being picked up by Netflix has done for the show. Pointers ….
☆ THE PLATONIC FRIENDSHIPS
- Lola and the Gamer Club was so unexpected but so great
- Lola and Yael’s friendship was so amazing and one of the best female friendships to be portrayed on Degrassi IMO. Similar to that between Gamer Club and Lola, they’re such an unlikely pairing but Yael’s support towards Lola and her abortion during episode eight killed me, it was so beautiful
- Grace and Jonah are also one of my favourite friendships on the show bar the fact that I am receiving vibes that replicate season two Grace and Zig. Pleassssse just let there a be a bloody platonic friendship between a guy and a girl, Degrassi, plssss I beg
- I just really love how every character was depicted as so flawed and problematic yet loving and full of worth this season, it was so wonderful to see and it kind of gives hope watching. I’ve more confidence in myself and others after watching ?
- The writing was A***** this season. I cannot find a way to criticise it really. Also, A**** writing. Eric, Olivia and Ana all need some kind of recognition after their time on the show following their exits next season - such incredible actors//actresses
- The refugee plot was so so amazing and I really hope that the information we learn about Rasha and Saad’s backgrounds gives some insight to or a change of heart in anyone watching who has a negative outlook on the refugee crisis. Also, I love how Rasha is a refugee from Syria, muslim and gay, it was just incredible
- I almost cried watching Zoe come out after watching her so clearly struggle in the past few seasons and it broke me when she moved in with Grace after being kicked out by her homophobic a*s of a mom. Zoe’s come such a long way - like, can we just see her happy now, or ? Also, can I just say that Zasha are one of my otps ? Coool (other two are Hael and Fronah.)
- Goldi’s plot !!!!!!! Her character development is ace and I just love how imperfect she can be but how she learns so much. Also, as somebody who cannot stand religion, I couldn’t help but admire and respect how dedicated she CHOOSES to be to her faith. Also, when she supported Rasha coming out YASSSSS
- MAYAAAA MY BBY MAYA ! Her plot struck too many chords and it all made so much sense. In reality, Maya has been a ticking time-bomb for such a long time; she had to boil over at some point. Every tiny aspect of every one of her seasons was so important and poignant. It was kind of nice for her to have a happy ending for once. Also, they better not revert back to her old look next season - HECK NO, KEEP THAT CURLING TONG AWAY !
- We finally got an insight into Esme’s background ! Esme is one of those characters who’s problematic behaviour is sometimes too regular for me to understand or accept but after those final scenes in episode ten, wow ! Esme is going to NEED to have a more prominent role in season four - Chelsea really stole that episode as such a capable actress.
- Lola’s abortion storyline was flawless, it couldn’t have been done any better. It really was the best depiction of abortion in both literature and TV/film that I have come across or heard of. Everything from discovering that she had been taking the pill the wrong way to Yael telling her that she was coming to the appointment. The procedure scene was so so vital and important plus the interaction with the doctor was brilliantly written. I also thought that it was so important that Lola was the pregnant girl in that storyline after being fobbed off as the ‘bimbo’ for song long. Manny Santos-development vibes, yass !
- Episode five was probably my favourite episode this season. It ticked every box with both comedy and addressing the pressures and expectations of sexual behaviour and thoughts on both men and women. I had me both in stitches and in awe like IS THIS EVEN REAL
- I enjoyed Lola and Miles’s platonic relationship so I was a little disappointed when they ‘hooked up’, especially since both are so often depicted as promiscuous and without a conscience. Oh, well. But besides that, I did love how supportive they were towards one another.
- Grace is making me so upset, ohmygosh, episode seven. No words. I was so glad that she changed her mind.
- Well, we can finally understand why Baaz acts like such a d*ck - he is insecure ! That scene where he is basically admitting to being jealous of Hunter was beautifully done and even more so when Hunter let him win the eh, ‘measuring’ contest.
- THE PERIOD STORYLINE OHMYGOSH NO WORDS I JUST LOVE THIS DAMN SHOW
- I haven’t really thought much about the Tristan in a coma storyline yet. I’m not sure how I feel about it uh
☆ RANDOM NOTES
- Did everyone glow up this season or what ?!?!?!?!?!! Especially Hunter and Maya - DAMN ! In the early seasons of Next Generation, the then-cast apparently used to wear their own clothes in scenes rather than outfits from a wardrobe especially curated for their characters. It seems as if the current cast and crew are heading back this way (only have to look at Reiya and Hunter’s hair, plus Lola and Maya’s hair and outfits.) which I looove - realistic looks and all that.
- MAYA IS TALKING ABOUT CAM OHMYGOSH KATIE IS BACK OHMYGOSH INTERACTION BETWEEN MAYA AND MILES OHMYGOSH THIS IS TBT ON ACID
- Saad’s camera ? Where can I get it ? Pls ? Someone ?
- “You know what they say …. Big feet …” This show, I can’t handle it ohmygosh, bless the Gamer Club YES
- Yael and Hunter are the cutest, I love them both as friends and a romantic pairing and I really love how the show are portraying their difficulties in finding a balance ! Also, we really saw a softer side to both of them and they’re just ahhhhh
- TWIN TIME ! TWIN TIME ! TWIN TIME ! We need more twin time and Hollingsworth sibling scenes in general
- Am I the only one who was delighted that there was no sign of the Hollingsworth parents this season ?
- FRONAH ARE TOO GOOD, THAT IS MY ONLY METHOD OF UNDERSTANDING WHY OR HOW THE DEGRASSI WRITERS COULD TRY SPLIT THEM
- Hunter’s hair and Jonah’s hair and guyliner ayyyyyy
- YAEL IS SUCH AN AMAZING CHARACTER ! I love how they included the ‘girl on girl hate’ ‘I’m not like other girls’ kind of thing and how she realised how in the wrong she was. Also, she has no chill ! The measuring scenes, omfg
- JONAH APPRECIATION ! How could anybody hate this smol bean ?
- Is Winston still only here for comedy, or ? Come on, lads !
- Degrassi incorporating such healthy discussions on attitudes towards sex, death, etc. is just the best. BRINGING IT BACK TO THE OLD SEASONS, AYY !
- will the writers give Frankie a break omfg this girl needs decent development !!! Character development !!! Where u at
I still can’t believe Emerald and Katekissedand we didn’t get to see it. Like can they like make it a blooper or something or release it as a deleted scene!! Just pls let pats and deels kiss or at least show us this one.
(Edit- By the way- this happened back in season 5. So they kissed back in season 5 :(!!! I don’t understand. Why did they even film it if they’re just going to cut it out? Maybe wait for a better moment? Like Pats coming back from Hong Kong? Idk! Anyways- link is listed down in the replies!)
We have the perfect opportunity for Pre Kerberos flashbacks in Season 3, and I’m being completely serious about this. We’ll probably see the team struggling emotionally without Shiro being there. And Keith is supposed to fly the Black Lion, he’s supposed to be the head of Voltron. With the character development he got in S2 it’s unlikely that the writers will ignore how Shiro’s disappearance has affected him. And the thing is we don’t know specifics about what they were, how they met, how Shiro changed his life? And “changing his life” is something they can’t just ignore…
Keith won’t just be thrown off by suddenly leading the team. The others are probably going to question his orders in the beginning. Lance will probably challenge his judgement. (He’s a good balance to Keith though). I kinda think that Keith would ask Allura to fly Black at first, but no, Black trusts him. And Allura has to be at the castle. She can’t. Black won’t listen to anybody else. He has no choice. And he also has to (feels the need to) live up to Shiro’s expectations. With all that happening we HAVE to have a scene where he’s just alone and thinking back to when they first met.
For Hope to ask Marcel “if my dad raised you, does that mean you’re my brother?”
And for Marcel, despite everything that’s been going on between him and Klaus and how he’s tried to distance himself from the family, to let out a half-surprised chuckle and smile at her, replying, “yeah, I suppose it does.”
don’t ask me when i grew obsessed with them i’ve been obsessed with them separately forever but i’m obsessed with them TOGETHER but ofc the show won’t give me a SINGLE SCENE of them ALONE i always end up shipping the ships who never get anything.
A/N: Alright, here it is! My first fanfic on this Tumblr. It’s probably not going to have many chapters but I promise I’ll finish it. I know I’m not an awesome writer but let me know what you think of this first part, pls. :)
ps: I will probably change the title of the fic but for now that was the only thing I could think of.
“CUT!” the director yelled “It’s great, both of you. Let’s just try that last part again, see if we can get a better shot.”
Chris was in Atlanta for the Civil War shooting, that was the last scene of the day, the church scene with him and Scarlett. He enjoyed when they had scenes like that, they had so much history together and their chemistry always turned into something special when they were acting.
“That’s perfect! And we’re done for the day, thanks, guys!” Joe Russo yelled and everyone started packing their things and equipment.
“Ugh! God, I’m jaded. Why is it so hot in this place?” Chris said as he and Scarlett walked to the hotel where they were checked in, just a block away from the church place.
“Yeah” Scarlet said. He looked at her, she didn’t seem to have listened to his complaint.
“Are you okay?” he asked, snapping her out of her thoughts.
“Uh…Yeah, I just- I think I just miss Rose, that’s all. I haven’t been away from her this long” she said, but Chris sensed that there was something else bothering her.
“I understand. Well, we only have one more day of shooting, then you can go back to see her”
Later that night, Chris was in his room having dinner and worrying about her, sad to think that she probably wasn’t feeling any better. The truth is he never stopped feeling the way he once felt about her, he just succeeded on ignoring it, but that didn’t stop him from wanting to make her feel as happy as he could, he felt as if it was his responsibility to cheer her up at that moment when she had nobody else.
A few minutes later Scarlett heard someone knocking on her door, she tempted to just pretend she was asleep, even though she was sure she wouldn’t be able to sleep properly that night. But instead, she decided to open the door. Chris Evans was standing in front of her in his sweatpants, holding her favorite movie in one hand and a large bag of Gummy Bears on the other one. She smiled.
“What is this?”
“I thought it might cheer you up.” He shrugged, smiling back at her.
“I think it’s already working!” she laughed “Come in.”
Chris put the movie on the DVD and they sat on the bed to watch it, the bag of Gummy Bears in between them. This wasn’t a strange thing for them. With so many days traveling to shoot Marvel movies, there was a lot of free time, and they shared so many interests that usually they found something to do together.
By the end of the movie, Chris looked to the side, she was asleep. He smiled and tiptoed his way out of the room.
“Hey…” but she had woken up.
“Oh, sorry. I didn’t mean to wake you”
“No, it’s fine” she said, walking towards him. “I’ve got a very light sleep”
“I know” he said. The next moment they just looked at each other. They never knew what to say or how to react when one of them said something that acknowledged the fact that they once were much more than friends.
“Anyway, I just… Thank you. That was really nice of you.” She said, smiling.
“You’re welcome” he smiled back “And look, I know there is something else bothering you, I respect that you don’t want to talk about it. But whatever it is…It’s gonna be fine.”
“I don’t think it is. But thank you”
He gave her a long hug. She embraced him so tight he felt butterflies in his stomach and his heart ached.
Chris went back to his room and lay on the bed, but for a long time his eyes remained wide open and his thoughts traveled back to memories that he had never allowed himself to remember. It was during the filming of Nanny Diaries, he and Scarlett have had worked together before and were good friends since then, but when they were together again on that set something changed and they connected in a way neither of them thought to be possible. Before they even had their first screen kiss they were having secret dates and long nights together, making love and watching movies. They were in love, and if it was up to him they would still be together, but Scarlett had a conviction that if they made their relationship public the exposure would ruin their relationship and she valued his friendship too much to let that happen. He tried to argue and convince her otherwise, but after a while he just accepted it and they have been just friends since then. But when you end a relationship the way they did, it’s much hard to get over those feelings, that’s why he never did. And he tried, he really did. As the years passed he learned to live knowing that he would never feel that same way again towards anyone else, and he remained by her side, proud of the friendship they had maintained and glad that he had the opportunity to work with her so many times. Now and then those feelings would come back stronger and he would consider telling it all to her, how he had felt all those years. He even thought it would help if he opened himself to her and shared his feelings, but to do that would mean opening that wound again, the wound he took years to close. So he remained in silence, and she did the same.
ok but can u imagine guest starring on eatjin nd halfway through the show u get a comment asking for the two of u to recreate the spaghetti scene from lady and the tramp nd u do it bc according to jin “we gotta give the fans what they want” nd it’s “totally not bc i have a crush on u or anything” but lets be real HE DOES so when u get to the middle of the noodle u two start blushing nd giggling but then he winks at u nd finishes the end of the string nd gives u a brief, subtle kiss on the lips right after nd tHAT’S HOW THE BROADCAST ENDS
Clarke: raven come on you can do this. Raven: NO I CANT IM NOT GOOD ENOUGH NO NO NO. Bellamy: raven we need you. Raven: I suddenly found the cure for cancer wow
look can i talk about that scene for a sec? pls? okay, raven is like freaking out because their lives are at stake and she can’t figure it out and she’s spiraling thinking that she won’t be able to save all of them and she starts doubting herself. and clarke tries to get through to her but it just goes through one ear and out the other and clarke just gives up. but bellamy? ooh no bellamy sits down next to her, comforting her, giving her that same look he gave her back in season one when he was trying to get her to stay. and he just tells her much she’s needed, how smart she is, and how much they need her and it triggers that spark back inside her and she’s back on her feet.
she’s so much stronger and smarter than alie and she just pops back up like it’s nothing! bellamy blake and his belief in raven never fails and i love how he’s always the one to just know what to say to her. he knows what she needs to hear and reminds her that is she wanted. omg and that little smile she gives herself because “omg i figured it out and it’s all thanks to bellamy.” gawd i’ve watched this scene like 100 times and i’m still not over it.
well frig now this Starscream-Thundercracker-Skywarp fusion has got me all sorts of thinking… now i absolutely need an episode or comic where there’s a weird accident and the seeker trine becomes fusioned like this because so many ideas, so many possibilities
they retain their individual selves and switch between them like TFA Blitzwing switches between his faces
their mass/size doubles or triples in size. they’re finally bigger than Megatron. Starscream of course immediately wants to use this opportunity to overthrow Megatron. Skywarp is still kinda loyal to him and also scared shitless to do it because “it never ever works Starscream.” Thundercracker just wants to get the hell out of these guys’ heads and get his own body and brain back.
they argue with themselves in their fused body. A hilarious scene where they confront Megatron but can’t take action because they’re still arguing amongst themselves and their face just keeps rapidfire changing between SS, SW, and TC. “Yes kill him! No we can’t! Fuck get me outta here!” Megatron just stands there bemused and amused.
also a bigger body size would allow for my other wishlist item, BIG ASS BEAUTIFUL WINGSPAN. triple the body size, triple the wingspan!! (i dont care about the physics. just give me big wings pls)
yes they can still warp but it’s a slower process and this annoys Skywarp
i want them to have giant ass null rays on their shoulders (like Armada SS) that are triple the firepower and can obliterate everything
Eva - since s2 has been reduced to the party girl who gets sloppy drunk and hooks up. Chris - been reduced to the friend who makes funny faces and is goofy. Vilde - has officially turned into a straight out villain. Noora - goddess who can do no wrong and gets long ass monologs almost every clip. Julie what are you doing? ... Oh also the disgusting pepsi max girls have gotten more screen time than Isak, Even, Jonas, Mahdi and Magnus. This is the last season and this is what we get?
Pls…. i know…. i was so excited for s4 and to see the girl squad again bc from the past seasons they’ve been absolutely amazing??? But now its like :( every group scene i feel hurt and disappointed with them just like sana.
Amren found no other Hybern assassins or spies during her long night of hunting through Velaris. How she sought them, how she distinguished friend from foe…Some people, Mor told me the next morning- after we all had a sleepless night- painted their thresholds in lamb’s blood. A sort of offering to her. And payment to stay away. Some left cups of it on their doorsteps.
As if everyone in the city knew the High Lord’s Second, that small-boned female… she was the monster that defended them from the other horrors of the world.