Lately I've been losing motivation to do anything. And I've been feeling so lazy, worthless, and I'm so stressed out. Like I feel I cant and won't do anything right. Finals are next week and I have late work from some of my classes. Any advice?
I don’t understand why, but stress makes people loose a lot of their motivation. Forget about “getting work done”, the second I feel stressed I start binge watch crime dramas. Science Side of Tumblr please explain.
My advice to you is to take a little bit of time to relax. I know this may seem counterproductive, but you’re not going to be able to get the work you need to do done if you stay stressed. Spend some time taking care of yourself, and then take care of everything else!
1. Take A Bath. Baths are my go to stress reliever (I like to watch my crime dramas while submerged). Use whatever you already have lying around:
- Bath bombs
- Bubble bath
- Tea candles
- Bath salts
2. Spa Day. There is nothing that I love more than a low-budget Spa Day. It’s so important to take care of your skin- it’s the largest organ in your body.
- Mud mask
- DIY face mask
- Exfoliation (ya’ll should be exfoliating at least once a week)
- Body lotion
- Essential oils
- Deep conditioning mask
- Nail polish
3. Day Trip. It’s so hard to get away, especially when you’re trying to plan a long trip with friends and/or family. Treat yourself to a day trip solo or with a few close friends. Day trips don’t have to be big occasions! They can be as simple as driving a few towns over and getting food and seeing a movie. Here are some ideas:
- Road trip
- Picnic at a destination
- Visiting a museum/planetarium/aquarium
- Shopping at a speciality shop
- Visiting a friend who lives a couple hours way
4. DIY/Home Repairs. An easy way to feel productive is to do some simple housework. This can be anything from straight up cleaning to simple DIY repairs.
- Hang the poster you bought three months ago
- Clean out your closet and donate to your local shelter
- Weed your garden
- Bake an apple pie
- Sort through your old paperwork
- Groom your pets
- Mop your kitchen while listening to the Broadway station
- Tighten any loose screws in wooden furniture
5. Treat yourself. While many of the other options I suggested cost little to no $$, these options do.
- Get some Panera to-go
- Buy those things sitting in your Amazon cart
- Take yourself thrift store shopping
- Get a manicure/pedicure
- Get a professional massage
- Buy the most expensive chocolate bar you can find