I don’t typically cast curses, but when I do I usually use protective stones. Intuitively, though, I’m drawn to mirrors as protection. How would you arrange mirrors after a curse in order to protect yourself from anyone returning the spell or casting in retaliation?
I don’t really do free spell advice on demand but since it’s Curse A Cheeto Day I will make an exception. These are a few guidelines I follow:
- Make your spell undetectable. Just eliminate the possibility of blowback altogether.
- If they do detect it, make it so the origin point is obscured, so “return to sender” isn’t an easy thing for them.
- Design the spell so it’s not easily logically reversed, for instance, “everything you do as the US president will make your hair fall out” is a spell that can only effect a few people in the world so if it’s reflected back on you nothing really happens.
- Make your spell friendly to you. Why would it turn on you? You are friends and it likes you.
- Have an entity oversee the spell that will not attack you. You don’t have to be into deities. Pick a cartoon character that would like you.
- I’m not answering the mirrors question directly but think about what devices utilize mirrors to obscure identities, project, or otherwise cast illusions. Get flexible. Also think of what a mirror can become, symbolically, spiritually, and in fairy tales and folklore.
I have not given specific details on how to implement these but secrecy is your best defense, which is why I anonymized your ask. Always remember that being creative is the most important element here, your imagination is capable of its own unique magic no one else can replicate.
Not taking further spell questions! I got a lot of stuff left to do today.