sebastian stan is appreciated yet underappreciated at the same time. he’s pretty but he’s also this really good, interesting person.
this panel has so many good moments [x] such as:
- had to stop speaking because he couldn’t stop staring at this dog.
- remembers taking a picture with someone
- “when you’re given a platform you have to do something about it..you have to expand beyond your own personal goals.”
- “i never really thought in a million years that this character or these stories or something, you know, to have someone, who, just reached out to me and said you know, ‘thank you for recognizing something or i’m related to this’ is probably the most gratifying experience out of this whole process.”
- “the task for me would be to be more involved and see where I can help…even if it’s just, I don’t know, putting a smile on someone’s face, or answering some questions or you know, making someone feel better.”
- “i’m awkward, I get nervous nervous, I get panic attacks, I get crazy, you know, whatever, depression.”
- “my job is always to remain as honest as I can and to just, i don’t know, help in some way.”
- goes on this whole thing about trying to focus on what he can control v what he can’t control, how that helps him to be a happier, better person.
- “one of my goals in life is to really embrace struggle.”
- “it’s important to kinda take in and be really grateful about sort of what’s happening, which i always remind myself, no matter what, and i really, really am.”
this video is in romanian w/ english subtitles, so all info is from there [x]
- “i was very lucky, i tend to forget this. when i was 22 or 23 years old i wasn’t thinking about what it meant to her after the revolution came, to decide to go elsewhere for a better life.” on his mother, the sacrifices she made, and better understanding now that he’s older.
- “after my grandma died, to be honest, it was difficult for me to go back there cause i had to go to the cemetery, to live that moment again, and face what happened with her. it was a very delicate situation for me.”
- “when i saw that car driving fast with that flag with the hole in the middle, I felt like… i always remember something major, important was happening.” on the revolution when he was a kid.
- “when i was watching it (a video of Ceausescu) i felt something so…i mean, i remember like the memories were there in my muscles. i felt like a knife went through me when i heard that voice it felt to me like it was yesterday.”
- “the thing that i feel changed most was a deeper sense of responsibility.” on being asked if fame changed him.
- his parents are what keep his interest in romania alive, and are the reasons he can still speak the language.
here’s another panel [x]
- remembers more fans.
- “the rough patches that you may going through are sort of, also, these great gifts that you can kind of rise from.”
- paraphrasing but: we’re all capable of rising from difficult moments in our lives to get somewhere.
- “it’s the company you keep. people you surround yourself are extensions of you, that’s how i always feel..and i was lucky to have good influences.”
- gives a fan a hug.
- space nerd who exposes his knowledge and would live on the moon.
- i think it’s important to remind the people we love why we love them or how they’ve touched us. i mean, i guess if it wasn’t for my mom i could probably be, not even in america right now. [x]
"embrace your differences and the qualities about you that you think are weird. eventually they’re going to be the only things separating you from everyone else.” [x]