Campfire Meals: Easy Breakfast Tacos
- meats of your choice
- veggies of your choice
- olive or veggie oil
- disposable grilling pans
- tongs and oven mitt
- knife and cutting board
- cast iron skillet
- metal spatula
- aluminum foil
- Start your campfire.
- While fire is catching, chop or slice potatoes (we used red potatoes). Chopping into bite-sized chunks is better for use in tacos, though slicing normally creates crispier potatoes, great for a side dish.
- Dump potatoes into a grilling pan and drizzle oil over them. Sprinkle spices on top.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and carefully shake to distribute oil.
- Place covered potatoes over fire.
- Next, it’s time for eggs. Pour a little oil into the cast iron skillet and tilt around to distribute over bottom of pan.
- Either crack eggs directly into skillet or into a cup (which means you can scramble them, whisk in milk or cheese or veggies, etc. in the cup) and use the spatula to scramble. Campfires cook fast, so stay nearby.
- Dump finished eggs into another grilling pan and set aside (or in a cooler area of the campfire so they don’t get overcooked).
- For the meats, either cook in the skillet as well or lay directly on the campfire grill.
- Warm tortillas over the fire, mix everything together in said tortilla, add cheese or additional toppings.