We know you all must see titles like this all of the time, but please allow us to explain our situation.
• Our names are Desiree and Jack. We are two nineteen-year-old young adults who are just trying to make it on our own. In the future, we want to go to a community college, get good degrees, marry, and raise children together. Desiree wants to start her own small-time bakery business, and Jack wants to become a high school teacher.
• Jack is an FTM, transgender man. He has been in an abusive household for most of his life. Jack has anxiety, depression, PTSD, and is chronically suicidal. He has developed borderline agoraphobia due to his intense dysphoria. Jack is currently without a binder, counseling, HRT, or medication, and lost his last paying job due to a psychological breakdown at his workplace. Jack cannot work without a doctor’s notice saying that he is psychologically able, but he has been denied from Medicaid and is without insurance.
• Desiree has been the only person supporting Jack emotionally and financially for an entire year. She has been employed for the last six months at a grocery store, but her hours were recently cut by half because the store over-hired for the summer. Desiree works 18 hours a week maximum, and makes only $300 per bi-weekly paycheck. FoodStamps sends Desiree only $16 a month. She is currently in a desperate search for another job, or multiple other jobs.
• The room we are currently renting costs us $300 a month. Desiree is the only person - out of four people living in this house - who is currently working. She is expected to pay our monthly rent, and to pay for bills and groceries for the whole house. In total, we spend over $600 a month at this house.
We are unable to save any money on our own, and we can’t leave because we have no where else to go.
• We cannot financially or emotionally afford to stay in this house any longer. We have tried to negotiate the rent agreement, and have been shut down. Jack has been threatened by the landlord, and is too terrified to leave the bedroom when Desiree is at work.
But we can’t leave, because we have no where else to go.
We are in an emergency situation. Please help us raise the funds to afford an apartment of our own. We have someone we can trust who will be willing to split the monthly rent, but we still need to raise $3000 for the apartment deposit, the first month’s rent, the bills, and a month’s worth of groceries and necessities. Jack is an artist and writer, and can try to compensate donations any way he is capable.
Thank you everyone for your much-needed support for our Emergency Apartment fund!
• flamingflightfeathers (email@example.com)