Are the early 2000s happening again?
And if you think I’m wrong, which I probably am, here are just a few reasons to support my dumb theory.
- My Chemical Romance in up for an MTV award and are winning with a whooping +95 thousand votes. (Keep in mind that second place only has 48k)
- Warped Tour is full of emo/pop punk bands this year. Yes, they are pretty much every year but a lot of these bands sound like something you’d hear in the early 2000s.
- Silverstein and From First To Last are/have released new music. I mean this isn’t a really good reason but I just wanted to add that because I’m emo and love those bands.
- Alright, so the US has a shitty ass president, right? And a lot of bands are making songs about him, right? WELL it was pretty common for early 2000s bands to make songs about Bush. (I could be wrong on this one but I meaN)
- Tumblr is kind of like the new, cooler MySpace in a way. Though there are more hipsters than hardcore, fringe covered faced emo kids. Thankfully we don’t have a Top 8….that would be all hell.
- More on why I think Tumblr could be the new MySpace is that we can choose our own layouts, we can make playlists and have music play every time someone clicks on our blog from a desktop, we can also have the actual old MySpace layout too! Ahh, the nostalgia.
- A Clinton ran for president last year.
- Pokémon made a short lived comeback
- THAT’S SO RAVEN IS COMING BACK
- Blink 182, Paramore, Fall Out Boy, Silverstein, From First To Last, Panic! At the Disco, My Chemical Romance, Green Day, and many more bands/artists released/are releasing unheard music last year and this year
- FUCKING TRACKSUITS ARE MAKING A COMEBACK
- Studded belts are coming back and I couldn’t be happier. I love them. But so are fingerless gloves, choppy hair, writing stuff on your converse for the edge, and even emo kids are popping up again.
- Avril (or Melissa) is working on new music !!
- Here are a few bands that remind me a lot of early 2000s music: Doll Skin, Neck Deep, Our Last Night, Ghost Town, Motionless In White, Waterparks, As It Is, Set It Off
- LET’S NOT FORGET ABOUR SILVERSTEIN, BOWLING FOR SOUP, AND HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS GOING ON WARPED TOUR AGAIN. IN 2017.
- also high school musical 4 is going to be a thing?? - THE TOO MUCH CAMOUFLAGE TREND IS COMING BACK TOO SHIT ——
What do you think? And is there anything I missed? Should we be scared or welcome it back with open arms? I know this is dumb as shit but if I’m right, I’m going to be insanely happy. I miss the 2000s and dancing to The All-American Rejects.