As the use of deadly force by police once again roils the nation, the pace of fatal police shootings continues unabated, according to a Washington Post analysis. Fatal shootings by police in 2016 are up nearly 6 percent compared to the same period last year.
But those shootings have been increasingly captured by cameras. In the first six months of the year, at least 105 shootings have been recorded in whole or in part by a camera, which includes police-worn body cameras, surveillance cameras, cameras mounted on patrol cars or bystanders’ smartphone cameras.
That figure does not include the recent shootings of Alton Sterling or Philando Castile, which were both recorded in some capacity by smartphone cameras.
As of today, July 7, 509 people have been shot and killed by police in 2016, according to the Post’s Fatal Force database. The latest identified victim in the database is Philando Castile.
- Geoff is the kinda asshole who leaves everything everywhere. From clothes on the floor, booze in the bathroom, to highly incriminating evidence in the bank they just robbed; he’s an honest to God mess.
- If you think Matt and Jeremy have matching Hello Kitty footie pajamas you are absolutely right and your prize is a high five my friend.
- Before Gavin came along their go to computer nerds were Matt and Kdin. Matt specialized in security, protecting their digital files and making sure no pictures of them (taken from security cameras) made it to the cops, and Kdin handled their online finances and watched their backs on heists.
- Ryan is hella fit.
- But he doesn’t hit the gym.
- And his diet consists of diet coke and fritos.
- You think he goes to the gym at 8 o’ clock every morning? Wrong. He sits there in bed grumbling and groaning as Gavin stands in the doorway demanding he get up it’s just the gym Ryan come on don’t be a baby!
- Matt, Jeremy, and Kdin are no longer allowed to host Christmas
- Not after what happened with the dumpster fire
- And the bat
- And the snowballs
- Sometimes Ray will show up to a heist with a bouquet of roses that he’ll give to whoever their robbing and say “sorry we’re robbing you, have this”
All these provisions are absolutely correct. We must help each other. But, unfortunately, most often when we see a case that can be attributed to the manifestation of racism, we see a cop, who shows aggression against another black guy. This means that assistance in this situation is a huge risk to life… The only way we can help is to turn the camera on and film the cop, who exceeds his authority! That’s all! Nevertheless, I hope that our controversial society will change one day and look at the world by eyes free of stereotypes and prejudices….