Dr. Aadland had never been much of a coffee drinker until he’d taken this job.
My (very last-second) entry for the Testing Maintenance contest!
I wish I could’ve done this whole scene because God, is it awesome, but I didn’t want to run out of time to enter! I’ll probably do a couple more pages at some point, though, because I really like how these came out! (I did change a bit from the original writing, because I wasn’t sure how to make it work in comic form.. I hope that’s okay–)
Angela Preston won Cycle 17 of America’s Next Top Model, and when Tyra and her people found out she had been an escort previously, they stripped her of her title.
Angela also says that, when cameras weren’t running, the contestants wouldn’t even be able to talk. Tyra wouldn’t give them any food or drinks on long filming days to make them confrontational.
Also, when they were overseas, Angela Preston had an anxiety attack and she was throwing up and dizzy and cameras were filming it all still. When she came to (after everything that happened with the anxiety attack + her asthma) , Angela heard Tyra complaining that she just wanted to go back to her villa.
It’s been recently revealed that ANTM is getting canceled but Tyra’s manipulative ass played it off like it was just something she chose to do when talking about the situation in an instagram post:
tyrabanks: TYRA MAIL! Thinking #ANTM #cycle22 should be our last cycle. Yeah, I truly believe it’s time. Our diehard fans know we’ve expanded the definition of beauty, presented what Flawsome is, tooched and booched and boom boom boomed, shown the world how to show their neck, rocked couture/catalogue/commercial poses, have found our (and your) light, strutted countless runways, gone on tons of go-sees, added guys to the girls mix, and have traveled around the globe and back again. Yeah, it’s time. It really is. Wow, I am SO proud of what Top Model has done. #ANTM brought the intimidating modeling world to the masses. We were the first reality show based in the fashion world. I never thought my little idea would have people everywhere thinking differently about how they take photos. And I never thought we’d do 22 cycles. Whoa! So many!!! And what rhymes with 22? You. And you and you and you and you! YOU made Top Model what it is. We are a global force that has so many international versions around the world because of YOU! That’s amazing and beyond anything that I ever dreamed. I set out to create a show where Perfect is Boring. So I hope you continue to love your freckles, your moles, your big forehead, your big eyes, your small eyes, your pointy chin, your tiny boobs, your full chest, your ivory or ebony skin (or every color in between) - the stuff about you that makes you well…you. And I hope you’ve learned a heck of a lot from watching. I have an inkling you have. May your photos (and selfies) be forever fierce. May you always find your light. And may you werk hallways like runways. Always remember, you are beautiful & BOOTYful. And please, keep on Smizing each and every day for TyTy. Fierce & Love, 💛Tyra
She told the media about this before she even told her staff.
It’s also been reported that Tyra gave her staff McDonald’s burgers in the place of holiday bonuses.
Lutteoficweek Bonus Day: Fix it fic day (Where you fix one canon scene to your liking)
I know this is horribly late but in my defense, I thought this scene deserved proper fixing and I’m extra busy and stressed lately, so… better late than never, right? Anyway,I hope you enjoy this!
Special thanks to my fave Italian muffin @sky-girls for all the help! <3
you do this?“
what I mean, I’m talking about the kiss!“
Well, to win the competition of course. It was part of the choreography. Or do
you think I kissed you for another reason?”
know very well that it was never part of the choreography!”
it, I think it improved the ending.”
congratulations, the snob had the idea for an ending like in the movies! Next
time, remember this is a rink, not a movie theatre!”
delivery girl, or did the kiss mess that much with your head?”
surely not, I know exactly what I feel. And what I… don’t feel.”
19, 20, 21. 21 clips holding the
curtains in their place. 21 clips he counted, again and again while the
guitarist wasted minute after minute away under the shower.
Matteo understood he was the only
one to blame for Simón’s misery, that he was the only one to blame for Luna’s
angry outburst and the look of regret in her eyes back on the rink. He was the
only one to blame and yet, here he laid, not sorry at all. Could it be
considered a sin to not regret screwing up?
He started counting again. Still 21
The blood continued to rush through
his veins, continued to burn him from inside out. The cocktail of emotions
refused to leave him just like Simón refused to get out of the bathroom. Counting
the clips made no difference, why did he even bother?
Matteo switched his attention to the
drapes. Two, four, six, eight. Eight. Eight, like a sequence in a choreography,
like in the choreography with Luna. Luna. Kissing
With a grunt Matteo threw himself on
the other side of the bed, away from the stupid curtains and the stupid drapes
that inevitably led him to the moon no matter where his eyes turned to.
However, it was too late, the memory flooded his brain once more.
Please imagine if Cutthroat Kitchen existed in the Bleachverse
Author’s choice list. :)
Sorry to have another author’s choice list! It’s been a shitty week and I don’t have the emotional energy for anything else. And also…I may or may not have been marathoning Cutthroat Kitchen (the show, hosted by Alton Brown, in which contestants in a cooking competition get to buy silly sabotages and give them to their opponents), and I can’t help but think about how much fun a Bleach version would be. Please imagine with me…
1. The host (instead of Alton Brown) would be Gin.
2. Seriously just imagine Gin introducing the sabotages.
3. And snarkily telling the camera how the contestants are messing up.
4. Imagine Yoruichi buying the sabotage that forces Soi Fon and Urahara to work while inside the same hula hoop.
5. Urahara somehow managing to finish his dish while being forcefully dragged around the whole kitchen by an angry Soi Fon.
6. Soi Fon buying ALL the rest of the sabotages and giving them to Urahara.
7. Her favorite was forcing Urahara to do all of his cooking inside of a kido box.
8. Kenpachi being sorely disappointed by what the actual premise of the show is.
9. And that there’s no “fight your opponent to the death” sabotage.
10. Ulquiorra being forced to trade his protein for beef heart.
11. And just starring at it for a long time in silent contemplation while the clock ticks down.
12. Tatsuki buying the sabotage that forces Ichigo to use SUPER GIANT KNIVES AND COOKWARE.
13. Ichigo not noticing that anything is different.
14. Grimmjow bidding all of his money on the first sabotage because he can’t back down.
15. And then receiving, just, all of the sabotages from then on.
16. His least favorite was being forced to make all of his cooking utensils out of duct tape.
17. Hikifune being cheerfully immune to any and all sabotages thrown at her. Being forced to cook one-handed while sitting on a rocking horse and having her entire basket swapped with canned chili? Still made a dish so delicious that the judge had to fight back tears.
18. Orihime being the absolute best at having to work with unusual ingredients. Her basket has been swapped with gas station food? She’s actually really excited to try it!
19. Ishida’s intense sadness when he’s forced to give up the basket he so lovingly constructed.
20. Chad being forced to use really tiny utensils.
21. Rose putting way more energy into presentation and selling the dish than he does in the actual construction of it.
22. Shinji buying the sabotage that forces Kensei to sing for his ingredients.
23. Kensei’s angry singing.
24. People not quite daring to give sabotages to Unohana.
25. Kira buying the sabotage that forces Renji to do all of his cooking using kido.
26. Renji trying to pass off his exploded, charred, and still smoking dish as a “deconstructed hamburger.”
27. Hisagi absolutely being the contestant who ruffles and smells the money when he first gets it.
28. Nemu somehow managing to take all of the sabotages meant for Kurotsuchi.
29. Yamamoto being forced to cook everything on a candle.
30. Aizen filling his basket with enough ingredients for a dish and two back-up dishes just in case…only to inevitably be forced to swap baskets with Urahara. Who just got radishes for some reason.
9 Summer Reads to Fill the Void Your Favorite TV Show Left Behind
There’s one drawback to the start of summer: lots of TV shows end in the spring. Fear not! Just close your laptop and turn off the TV, because we’ve rounded up the perfect reads to keep the magic going – whatever your favorite show!
Here’s why: Diving into the darkness of cults and the widespread effect they have on followers AND people who aren’t involved.
BONUS RECOMMENDATION! Because let’s face it, you’re going to need more help with Game of Thrones ––> An Ember in the Ashes
Here’s why: If you’re missing brutal Westeros, you’ll feel right at home in the Empire, where defiance is punished by death and young people must become soldiers and spies, turncoats and killers, to claw their way into positions of power and freedom–they hope.
It was day 2 of SMTM4 and honestly you were very nervous. Today was the day where you and 110 others would have to perform in front of all the judges. What you thought was strange was that you weren’t nervous for the first audition round but you were now. I guess being judged by 9 people made you a little nervous.
Dan is standing outside the white paneling of a door he doesn’t particularly want to open, socked foot scuffing nervously on the carpet. If it were any other door in the entire bloody flat he’d have already had it open, but it’s Phil’s door, of course it’s Phil’s door, and it’s nearly two o’clock in the afternoon, and he hasn’t seen or heard anything of Phil all day. No matter how many times Dan tells himself don’t bother him, you’re not his mother, he’s starting to get a little worried. He can’t be sleeping still, and surely if he went off somewhere before Dan woke up he would have left a note.
Because she is pure sunshine and deserves all the happiness in the world, I wrote her a little sum’sum. We both enjoy MasterChef and cooking shows in general and I wanted to try out some different techniques to describe the senses other than sight so… yeah. This one’s for you, Meg! As for the rest of you, go wish her a happy birthday. She’s going to know she’s loved, dammit. If it’s the last thing I ever do, she will know!
Percabeth MasterChef AU
Alright, Annabeth, she told herself. Just breathe.
She leveled her shoulders, adjusted the hem of her blouse, and stepped into the arena. Calling it an arena might not do it justice. It wasn’t the typical ‘gladiators fighting to the death’ kind after all. It was the set of MasterChef, the televised competition for amateur, at-home cooks. For the top title and a quarter of a million dollars, blood would be spilt here in more ways than one.
The repurposed airplane hangar was packed, buzzing with energy, one Annabeth could literally feel in her chest as she walked to her station, carrying her basket of ingredients. The contestants who were scheduled to arrive earlier in the day were already cooking, preparing their signature dishes for the judges to try.
Cameras zoomed in on stews bubbling, knives slicing, blenders grinding, while producers with headsets and clipboards hovered nearby, making sure each opportunity was snagged for the perfect shot.
It really was a whole different world actually being there rather than seeing it on TV. She still felt like a voyeur, someone who shouldn’t be there, someone who was intruding. For years, Annabeth had been watching the show, only able to imagine what it would smell or taste like for herself. But she was here. She was finally here.