i’d just like to politely advice the white people in this fandom to be very, very careful about speaking over the people of color in this fandom who probably know more about what this situation could be/mean than you do. listen to them first before trying to validate your own theories. especially when they’re someone of the same ethnicity and/or faith as the character(s) you’re theorizing about.
I literally cannot relate to these pet posts where people talk about their calm, quiet, low energy cats. Catch my cat at any time of day and night doing fuckin parkour across my entire apartment. I can’t take pictures of him unless he’s dead asleep and even then there’s somehow a motion blur. “Where’s Hiccup”, you ask? that fucker’s probably hanging upside down on a god damn ceiling light or robbing the nearest bank. CALM??? MY CAT DOESN’T KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD
In late October, the president made 28 promises for his first 100 days. These were not the only promises the president made for his first 100 days, but they comprised the “contract with the American voter” Trump introduced immediately before the election.
Here are Trump’s promises, followed by where they stand:
• "Propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress.“ Not proposed.
• "A hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety and public health).” Done, then rolled backthis month.
• "A requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated.“ Done.
• "A five-year ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service.” Done for White House officials, with loopholes.
• "A lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.“ Done.
• "A complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.” Not done.
• "I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205.“ Done.
• "I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.” Done.
• "I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator.“ Not done — says he won’t.
• "I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately.” Done.
• "I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.“ In process: Trump ordered a review of what regulations to cut.
• "Lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward.” Done.
• "Cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure.“ Not done.
• "Cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama.” Done.
• "Begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States.“ Done. Neil Gorsuch was confirmed to the Supreme Court.
• "Cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities.” Done, but blocked by federal judge.
• "Begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back.“ Done.
• "Suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.” Done, but blocked by federal courts — twice.
Overall, Trump is 14 for 18 on these actions and measures.
Trump also promised to introduce ten pieces of legislation in his first 100 days. He has introduced or announced three of them.
• Cut taxes for the middle class and businesses. Announced: Trump’s tax plan cuts the corporate tax rate from 35% to 15%, but it’s unclear how the plan will help the middle class.
• Establish tariffs on goods created by U.S. companies overseas and shipped back. Not done.
• Leverage public-private partnerships to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. Not done.
• Let parents send their child to the school of their choice. Not done.
• Fully repeal the Affordable Care Act and replace with a conservative option. Introduced.
• Allow Americans to deduct child care and elder care from their taxes. Not done.
• Fully fund construction of a wall between the U.S. and Mexico. Not done.
• Increase training and support for local police to fight violent and drug crimes. Not done.
• Increase funding for the military, reform the Veterans Administration. Announced.
• Enact new ethics reforms to “drain the swamp.” Not done.
Trump is 0 for 10 on passage of those pieces of legislation, and 3 for 10 on introducing or announcing them. Read more(4/28/17)