Okay so I think I mentioned some time before that I have synesthesia and then @pumpkinfrost ended up talking about how months have colors only their colors are different than mine so I figured that while it’s on my mind I’ll list my correspondences for kicks
- January - muddy/greyish light blue (like icky early night with sludgey snow on the roads and everything is just miserable and ugly and cold)
- February - light pink (like ruddy cheeks and Valentines)
- March - dark green (like shamrocks and newly grown grass)
- April - yellow (like … raincoats and galoshes?)
- May - orangey-pink (like certain flowers)
- June - dark(ish) blue (like the sea or naval uniforms)
- July - pale blue (like a cloudless summer sky)
- August - gold (like fields of ripe grain and the setting sun)
- September - rusty red (like a maple leaf)
- October - brownish orange (like decaying leaves and pumpkins)
- November - brown (like the leafless skeletons of trees)
- December - deep dark blue (like the middle of the night after a fresh snowfall when the stars are out)
When I picture the months they span out in a black touchscreen-like interface that you can swipe horizontally (starting with December for some reason instead of January) and they come up as little empty outlined boxes headed with the month name, and the outline and name are both in that month’s color. That’s how it’s always been for me.
I’m sure these correspondences have to due with holidays and seasonal appearances of nature during those months influencing my perception of them very early on.