cake fries

6

クリスマスケーキ、ピザ、ブロッコリーとパプリカのバジル炒め、フライドチキン、フライドポテト

初めてケーキなるものを作りました。相当ベタな仕上がりです。ケーキに時間を割き過ぎて、料理が疎か仕上げに。

Beginners guide to k-food!

김치 (gim-chi) Kimchi or kimchee. Traditional fermented vegetable dish often served as a side dish or cooked into the meal e.g. 김치볶음밥 (gim-chi-bokk-eum-bap) kimchi fried rice or 김치찌개 (gim-chi-jji-gae) kimchi stew.

라면 (ra-myun) Ramyun is instant noodles. You’ll see a lot of people eating these in dramas and are sold cheaply at korean markets. There are many variations of these but one you can find easily is 신라면 (shin-ra-myun), one of the most popular brands.

떡볶이 (ddeok-bokk-i) Spicy stir fried rice cakes. There isn’t really a proper translation but think of these as delicious spicy but sweet rice cakes. They’re a street food and often contain fish cakes.

불고기 (bul-go-gi) Bulgogi. Literally: fire meat. Bulgogi can be beef, pork, chicken….. It will specify on the menu. Meat is marinated then grilled. Delicious.

짜장면 (jja-jang-myun) Jjajangmyun. A Korean-Chinese black bean noodle dish. Available at Korean Chinese takeaways. This is noodles, 면 (myun) means noodles, in a thick black bean sauce with minced pork and vegetables. This is a variation of the Chinese dish zhajiangmian.

잡채 (jap-chae) Japchae. Glass noodles with mixed vegetables, sometimes with meat.

삼겹살 (sam-gyeop-sal) Samgyeopsal. Grilled pork belly.

비빔밥 (bi-bim-bap) Bibimbap. A dish consisting of rice topped with mixed vegetables and then can also contain fish, meat, a fried egg or spicy sauce. It is mixed and eaten.

김밥 (gim-bap) Kimbap. A snack food consisting of vegetables and/or meat rolled in rice and then wrapped in seaweed.

happy eating everyone  ♡

10

All the amazing amazing amazing food I got a Vegan Soulfest in Baltimore on Saturday. This was like one of the best days of my life. A vegan festival filled with Black people. I was in heaven! It was an awesome event, I enjoyed it way more than the 2 vegfests I’ve been too. There were tons of vendors selling tons of stuff but I’m a sucker for food so that was priority #1

But yea everything was delicious. I brought a lot of it home because I couldn’t eat that much food in one day! I got lots of mac & cheese and vegan chicken, a rib sandwich, a cheese steak, chocolate chip cookies, carrot cake. The mac and cheese in the last 2 pictures is my fav, it’s from Sweet & Natural and the drumsticks above are too good for this world. I had way too much fun throwing money at people… Black people :))))

WARNING LONG POST 😭😂

This is my before and after from SEPT-OCT 2016
these pics are 1 month apart..

Wow I can’t even believe I’m making one of these before and afters… 🙂 this is crazy to me.. all of my life I’ve been overweight, I’ve had a lower belly pouch and a muffin top since I was about 9 yrs old. I would probably contribute this to my unhealthy diet of cakes, fried foods, excess consumption of processed meats etc. I’ve tried Atkins diet, weight watchers, no salt, no oil vegan diet, vegetarian diet, cutting out all meats except fish (pescatarian..?) these diets would help me shed a few pounds but as soon as I started eating whatever I wanted again the weight would quickly creep back on. I remember gorging out on bags of chips, cookies, sodas and thinking it was normal bc it was my “cheat meal.” This is NOT NORMAL guys, what I had was called binge eating disorder. After eating all that food I thought I could eat less food (under 1,000 cals.) then workout for hours and be ok. But doing that shit to your body really fucks w/ it. It was only recently when I became plant based, eating clean Whole Foods and working out for 30 mins 4-5 days a week is when I saw substantial results. I eat clean and vegan 90% of the time. That means no animal products/deliciously yummy desserts. And the other 10% of the time I treat myself to vegan cakes/ doughnuts etc 👅👅👅 it’s so easy guys, if I can do it you can too, I believe in you so so so much. ❤️❤️❤️❤️