So it looks like the MCU is splitting their shows through specific categories.
1) Freeform has the teen-oriented shows, starting with “Cloak and Dagger” and “New Warriors (featuring Squirrel Girl)”.
2) ABC initially started out with SHIELD-oriented shows (Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, and the failed Most Wanted pilot) but it looks like they’re making a push towards having shows focused on Marvel’s B-list and C-list superheroes (Inhumans and the rumored Ghost Rider series).
Basically, the superheroes that will probably not get a movie but are popular enough to get their own show. And yeah, I know Inhumans was supposed to be a movie but that fell apart.
3) Netflix has the Defenders-oriented shows, which is interchangeable with street-level oriented shows (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Defenders, Punisher).
That being said, I don’t know what the fuck Hulu is going to be focused on since the Runaways would fit nicely on Freeform. I guess Hulu really wanted a MCU property but now, Runaways is on their own little island, which is a shame since I would’ve loved to see a Runaways-Cloak and Dagger-New Warriors team up.
We’ll just have to wait and see where this goes.
Personally, I would’ve moved Runaways to Freeform and suggested that Hulu creates an anthology series (possible title: ”The World of Marvel”). Each season would tell their own, contained story, like American Horror Story. Top of my head, there could be seasons focused on the Livewires, 1602, 2099, Marvel Noir, Pepper Potts, Betty Ross, Jane Foster, the Red Room, the Dora Milaje, Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers, etc.
Remember those days when the teams of 2000s next to Bendis’ Avengers - Young Avengers and Secret Warriors (Jonathan Hickman’s version) were pushed by Marvel and had appeared in the crossover events? And remember the time when Bucky got that Captain America mantle before Steve Rogers returned?
So it’s rumored that the Inhumans is already cancelled. I mean, we all saw it coming so it’s really not that surprising. And with AOS’ future looking bleak, that rumored new female-led show is ABC’s last hope on rebuilding the ABC side of the MCU.
But then again, it’s not like the TV side is actually in need of saving. Netflix Marvel, say what you will about their latest shows, is still doing pretty well. All four shows have been renewed and the Punisher just dropped the hottest trailer of 2017.
In addition, we have the Runaways, Cloak and Dagger, and New Warriors to look forward to. Also, Freeform attracts the teen / young adult demographic that would be attracted to shows on the CW. Ratings may not be as impressive but the audience may be more consistent. Perhaps it’d be smarter for Marvel to stick with Freeform and just leave ABC alone.
“After the Royal Family of Inhumans is splintered by a military coup, they barely escape to Hawaii where their surprising interactions with the lush world and humanity around them may prove to save not only them, but the Earth itself”
01. Sleepwalking - Bring Me The Horizon // 02. Youth - Daughter // 03. Teenagers - My Chemical Romance // 04. Team - Lorde // 05. You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid - The Offspring // 06. The Funeral - Band Of Horses // 07. Uprising - Muse // 08. Things We Lost In The Fire - Bastille // 09. Don’t Look Back - Born Cages // 10. Warriors - Imagine Dragons
01. I’d Love To Change The World (Remix) - Jetta // 02. Run - The Maine // 03. Phoenix - Fall Out Boy // 04. Hide And Seek - Imogen Heap // 05. Battle Cry - Imagine Dragons // 06. Dangerous - David Guetta // 07. Drowning - Banks // 08. When The Darkness Comes - Colbie Caillat // 09. Flares - The Script // 10. The Scorch - Shelby Merry
When and why did you start training for fighting? When I was a kid, to be able to defend myself in an unarmed combat situation
What ranks and titles have you held? Cage Warriors 145lb Champion, Cage Warriors 155lb Champion consecutively, Brown Belt BJJ
Do you have any heroes?
None, but I take inspiration from everyone and everything. I’m inspired
by current champions, former champions, true competitors, people
dedicated to their dream, hard workers, dreamers, believers, achievers
What was your job before you started fighting? Plumber for 1 year, quit and pursued the combat dream ever since