Happy 9th Anniversary to Meet the Robinsons!
To celebrate, here’s 9 random TRUE facts about the movie you may not have heard before!
- In the original script, the main characters chased the villain to a Banana Cream Pie planet
- Mr. Willerstein’s first name is Adam
- During production, the crew had a real Frog Bar built for actual use during Fridays.
- The coffee area in the center of the Disney animation building (where the infamous Carlos Benavides works) is known as The Caffeine Patch, inspired by Meet the Robinsons
- The actor who played Wilbur Robinson (Wesley Slingerman), had to completely redo all his lines over again because his voice changed so dramatically throughout production.
- Doris’ beeps were made by an actual actor (Ethan Sandler) and edited later, not just a computer generated sound.
- Grandpa Bud was originally a custodian at the Joyce Williams school
- Carl originally had a rotating head with different personalities similar to the Mayor from The Nightmare Before Christmas
- A short film was almost made explaining how Bowler Hat Guy got Tiny the T. Rex from the past to the future
For more fun facts or questions about the film, feel free to message me!