The Ultimate Freshman Packing List (and tips!)
1. Bedding (twin XL)
2. A medium sized storage bin (to keep extra things in that you won’t always use)
3. Plastic bowls and plates
4. Real silverware (cheap 4 person sets at target)
5. Laptop. Duh
6. A super long charging cable for your phone if you’re planning on bunking your bed
7. CLEANING SUPPLIES! i.e. Dish soap, disinfectant spray/wipes, sponges, trash bags
8. Storage drawers if you have a lot of shit
9. Extra school supplies
10. Water filter pitcher! Can’t stress this enough
11. Reusable water bottle
12. Desk lamp
13. Laptop safe
14. RENTERS INSURANCE. yes you can get insurance for your dorm room. In case your room gets broken into and valuable things go missing, insurance will replace them. (I personally had Allstate and it was only an extra 11 bucks a month)
15. Hamper and laundry stuff
16. Lots of shoes? Shoe organizer.
17. Full length mirror if you take mirror selfies
18. Fan. Or 3.
19. Personal hygiene stuff and towels
20. Shower caddy, shower shoes, robe.
21. DUCT TAPE YA BISH Things not necessarily needed but useful:
1. Extra blanket or two
2. Microwave (maybe your roommate will bring it but there is one usually in the kitchen)
3. Ever heard of One Drop or Poo Pourri? (If not, please google. Public bathroom lifesavers)
4. Extra trash can for under your desk
5. TV (I honestly never watched tv even when I had one in my room)
6. Movies that you can watch on your laptop
7. A futon or extra seating (if you have the room for it)
8. Room decorations (lights, posters, drapes, etc. I personally cut holes in a single blackout curtain to cover my window and hung it with command hooks. Best $15 I spent)
9. Extra fridge
10. Extra lighting (floor lamp)
SOME SUPER DUPER FRESHMAN TIPS:
1. If you buy clothes while at school, try to take the ones you don’t wear back home when or if you visit home. This will make moving out a little easier
2. If you get a refund from financial aid, BUY YOUR BOOKS 1 week after class started. Find out if you ACTUALLY need the books. All professors are different.
3. Don’t wear your lanyard around your neck to a frat party (oops) or EVER
4. Be nice to everyone and don’t be hung up about meeting people. Trust me, everyone is super friendly the first day and eager to make friends.
5. Never skip a class. Just don’t. I beg you.
6. Study study study. Academic probation is not fun. (Oops)
7. Always use your meals and meal transfers!
8. Ladies: a cross body purse is a must for going out and holding your phone, wallet, ID, and dorm keys
9. Always email instructors with any questions IF you cannot find it in the syllabus.
10. Lastly, CHECK BBLEARN LIKE EVERY DAMN DAY. and double check the syllabus for due dates.
This list may or may not be edited in the future, thank you.