Summary: Can you ever escape the danger of a loved one?
Pairings: Reader x Dean x Sam (platonic), reader x OMC
Warnings: language, abusive relationship, ANGST
Word Count: 1030 (with lyrics)
A/N: This is my first angst write for Angst Appreciation Day, please be gentle. I combined two Angst Day Challenges one is @mamaredd123 Shred Some Heart Challenge, my song choice was Church Bells by Carrie Underwood. The other challenge for Angst Day is for @impalaimagining for which I chose a prompt, which will be in bold and my song, Better Man by Little Big Town. This isn’t beta’d, all mistakes are mine. I love feedback, give me all you got.
Aesthetic done by the lovely @jayankles (thanks, twin)
You’d been through hell and back, but you felt safe now. All you’d have to do is survive.
When your marriage started, it was perfect. The wedding day was filled with smiles and laughter, it couldn’t have been more perfect. There was the occasional envious stare from a distant relative or an old friend, but who could blame them, you’re husband was perfect.
It’s been more than a day and I’m still laughing at how the Squire pact in TOZ-X is now just a friendship bracelet while Mikleo and Sorey apparently have each other on telepathic emergency speed dial LOL.
Today I went to Barnes & Noble and was checking out the teen fiction section when I found the greatest quote I have ever read in my 24 (almost 25) years of living. You’re not ready so just take a breath before this happens to you and you can never go back, okay?
“Poppy slipped her long, white limbs into her pale yellow dress, like milk sliding into melted butter.”
1. Hating Sam/Jared
Okay, I have no idea where this one started, but honestly I don’t care what you ship if you hate on either of my tol cinnamon roll babies, YOU WILL BE FACING MY WRATH. ALL 5'2 OF IT.
2. Hating the women that they were with.
Personally, I love Jo and Lisa. Cassie was just there for an episode, so I don’t really have any opinions on here.
I don’t like Meg for other reasons (her character inconsistency was annoying and her voice got on all my nerves) but hating her just because she kissed Cas is pretty shallow.
3. Two hot men kissing.
Right. This. Look, if the only reason that you ship them is that it would be hot to see them kiss, I’d just like to tell you that YER A FUCKBUTT, HARRY. Other people can probably explain this better, but you’re fetishising a whole community and you need to stop. Now. And get off my blog while you’re at it.
4. Hating on their wives.
This is probably more of a Cockles thing than a Destiel one, but most of the Cockles shippers that I’ve encountered were all awesome people, so I’ll say it on their behalf, we don’t hate Danneel and Vicki, okay? Seriously, why would anybody, when they make Misha and Jensen so happy?
5. Making everything gay/The gay agenda
No. No. Say it with me, no. We do not ship them because they’re both men
We ship them because they have amazing chemistry and it makes sense that Dean and Cas be together. And it would obviously be the bisexual agenda, if it was an agenda. Which it’s not. At all. *Cackles in the distance*
• What Destiel is about
1. Unconditional Love
2. Dean finally realizing that he's not damaged and deserves love. Also realizimg that he’s not the perfect manly man soldier that John raised him to be, and that’s okay.
3. Cas understanding that he will always have a home with Dean (and Sam, by extension)
4. Two people who help each other to be better people.
5. Two people who constantly screw up, but forgive each other, because that’s what love is about.
6. Seeing people at their worst, and still loving them. (Dean forgiving Cas after he becomes God and Cas telling him that he deserves to be saved)
7. Unconditional love (I’m sorry, I’ll never be over the “I’d rather have you, cursed or not.”)
8. Both of them, giving up so much for each other.
9. Sticking up for each other
• Obviously I can’t speak for the entire fandom, but these are my views, and generally the views of people that I’ve encountered. Thanks for taking the time out to read it!
OK SO. IDK IF ANYONE HAS REALIZED THIS BEFORE BUT I JUST ACCIDENTALLY MADE A RLY WILD DISCOVERY ABOUT VOLTRON???
SO YKNOW HOW THE GALRA SAY ‘VREPIT SA.’ THAT’S LIKE THEIR THING.
WELL I WAS SCROLLING THRU THE WIKIPEDIA ARTICLE FOR VAMPIRES DOING RESEARCH FOR THE HURRICANE IN HIS VEINS AND.
Y’ALL. i’m cackling. “to thrust violently” jfc i am going to burst into laughter every damn time they say vrepit sa seriously to each other bc 1. they are talking about slavic vamps and 2. TO THRUST VIOLENTLY
this is pretty interesting tho bc if ‘vrepit sa’ means, basically, to stab, then are they really swearing allegiance to the galra empire, or is it just a promise of more violence? or did some nerd on the voltron writing team just think ‘space vampires’
anyway bat boy is actually bat boy and i am satisfied