“It just needs an oil change, that’s all. Should take less than an hour. I can do it now if you want,” Jinyoung said, all while wiping his hands with a rag that he now threw over his shoulder as he crossed his arms across his chest and looked at you expectantly with a content smile; this was your third time at the repair shop that week - the first time was a tire change and you didn’t have a spare, but after seeing the beautiful man that worked there, you were coming up with new reasons to see him constantly.
“Y-yea, that’s fine, I’ll just wait,” you said, nodding and taking a seat on a nearby box as you watched Jinyoung work on your car; more often than not, he had to bend over to check under the hood which made you look away with burning cheeks, but whenever you looked back, you tried to mentally memorize his movements and features.
After about 45 minutes, he walked back over to you with grease on his uniform but a smile on his face and said, “It’s gonna work fine now, no worries,” to which you thanked him with dreamy eyes; when you began to hand him the money you owed, he stopped you and, with a small smirk, said, “Why don’t you pay me for dinner tomorrow night?” to which there was a small moment of shock before you burst out grinning and finally agreed.
Give me a pairing an AU, and I will write a three-sentence fic~
(golden joinery) or Kintsukuroi (golden repair) is the Japanese art of
repairing broken pottery with lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered
gold, silver, or platinum. As a philosophy it treats breakage and repair
as part of the history of an object, rather than something to disguise.
- cue insecure Lance. You know that original story of the little mermaid where each step she took was like a thousand pinpricks of sharp needles on her feet, and she danced and danced all night long, ignoring the pain because she was dancing with her prince, and to turn herself into sea foam instead of killing her prince in exchange for her tail back? Yeah, that was totally Lance.
- he jokes around, making everybody laugh, annoys the hell out of Pidge and Keith… he becomes the Lance that the team needed. Not a sharp shooter. Not a capable fighter. Not a strategist. Not a good pilot. Not a person destined to be a defender of the universe. No, Lance became the jester. He became the person that changes the atmosphere when it was too serious or overbearing through ridicule and self deprication hidden beneath a clown mask.
- he convinced himself that that was his role to play and he was good at it. ‘Smile, Lance. The team needs an emotional punching bag and you got the short straw so suck it up.’ He says to himself when they’re in the common room and everyone paired up: Keith and Shiro all curled up in the sofa, whispering things to each other only they can hear; Hunk and Pidge huddled up in one corner tinkering and discussing robotics and the necessary code needed to make the thing work; Allura and Coran discussing diplomatic and trade advantages of the planet they will be visiting. And where was Lance, you ask? He was there, standing in one corner of the room wondering where he’ll sit. Just like high school all over again, oh where should the foreign student sit? The couple’s table? The nerd table? The class president’s table?
- They were about to land on the planet’s surface when they saw hundreds upon hundreds of Galra ships already waiting for them.
- They couldn’t form Voltron so close to the planet’s atmosphere for there may be collateral damage. So the Lions tried to lure the Galra ships away from the planet but it didn’t work. The Galra won this fight, thought Lance as he tried to clear an escape for the other paladins.
- But Shiro didn’t give up. He fought and he fought until he was surrounded by Galran forces. Shiro was caught and Keith screamed as his heart broke into a million pieces.
-Lance was the one who brought back the Black Lion but was unsuccessful to retrieve Shiro.
- The team was a mess, and Lance was there to take the punches. They blamed him for not fighting hard enough, for not making a clear exit for them, for not bringing Shiro back, for not taking the mission seriously… he took it all in.
- But despite everything, Lance was there to comfort his friends. He helped Pidge in completing her prototype, helped Hunk figure out the mechanics of Pidge’s invention, helped Coran in the castle’s maintenance, helped Allura broaden her search parameters, and lastly helped Keith mend his broken heart.
- He felt sick taking advantage of an emotionally vulnerable Keith but he was emotionally beaten too. Keith sought Lance’s humor to take some of the pain away and Lance was happy to oblige.
- Small touches turned to hugs and cuddles. Pecks on the cheeks turned to hot make out sessions, and eventually turned to sex. Lance indulged himself to enjoy these moments with Keith despite the Little Mermaid in him.
- But it didn’t las long.
- One night, after they cleaned up, Keith refused Lance to cuddle him. They sat on opposite sides of the bed and Keith decided to stop whatever they were doing. That Keith’s conscience can’t take it anymore, that he still firmly loved Shiro, and that he thought Lance could take Shiro’s place. He confessed that he sometimes- if not all the time- imagined Lance as Shiro and that he couldn’t so it anymore.
- To be honest, Lance already expected this but he didn’t know that it would hurt this bad. He allowed himself to feel love and gave love more than he should. He should know by now that it would bite him in the ass someday…
-Lance’s heart was beyond repair, so broken that the jagged little pieces no longer fit. He failed in making a clear exit, he failed as a Paladin, and he failed to make Keith happy.
- Lance snuck out that night, grabbing rations from the kitchen and said goodbye to Blue before buckling himself down in one of the fighter jets in the hangar.
- When they woke up the next day, Lance was gone. They checked the cameras and saw Lance take off into the night.
- They were now searching for two paladins of Voltron. They later found out what Lance did to the team’s dynamic, that without him the room is just cold and lonely…
- Days turned to weeks, turned to months, and still no Lance or Shiro.
- it was on day 253 when one beat up space ship crash landed on the castle’s hangar and there emerged Lance…
- he was bleeding profusely on one leg, limping as he shouldered most of Shiro’s weight who was equally as wounded. They were both battered and bruised, all violet, blue and broken bones. It was no mystery that Keith was the first one on the hangar, the first to rush towards them… and it was definitely not a mystery that Keith rushed to Shiro’s side.
- They were escorted back to the castle, but between the crying and the worrying, Lance was able to stealthily slip out of their grasps and limped his way to another fighter jet.
- when they were back in the castle ship, they noticed that Lance wasn’t there. They looked and looked and then realized that Lance flew a fighter het alone, heavily injured, and they have no clue as to why.
- Little do they know that he was captured by the Galra too… that after months of torture and illusions, Lance finally made a deal with Haggar: to let him deliver Shiro to the castle ship and in exchange, take Shiro’s place as their prisoner. Lance thought that it was a good idea for his friends needed Shiro. They needed a leader not a jester.
whew… i was feeling a little down and needed an outlet. Sorry for the Langst?
The longtime GOP mantra for the Affordable Care Act was “repeal and replace."Now, the same Republican leaders are using the term "repair” to describe their approach to the health care law.
The shift happened for a few reasons: Because Republicans do not have 60 votes in the Senate, they cannot repeal every word of the health care law. It also recognizes, from a policy standpoint, that a wholesale repeal may not be possible.
Republicans have struggled to present a plan to preserve access to coverage for millions of Americans who gained it under the ACA, especially those with lower incomes. Read more
You’ve all seen me post before about replacing patients’ eyes. The eyes come out because of washer incidents, or pet attacks and I put new safety eyes in, or reinstall the originals if possible. This red panda was here this week for eye and nose reinstall:
And here he is ready to go home yesterday:
20/20 vision and perfect smell!
Some patients, however, have different types of eyes that can’t just be replaced or reinstalled. This winter I had a couple patients whose plastic googly eyes were replaced with cloth eyes so they would not only have 20/20 vision, but would be safer for babies. First was Cookie Monster. His person’s spouse wrote:
I am looking to get my husbands Cookie Monster toy repaired. Right now it has hard plastic eyes, and one of them is broken. (I have attached photos) I was wondering if it is possible to have the plastic eyes removed completely and be replaced with plush eyes. This was his favorite childhood toy and I’d like it to be repaired for our future child. Please let me know if this is possible and the price.
This is actually a fairly common email except for the eyes. Many people send animals to the hospital to be spruced up for the next generation. We agreed Cookie Monster would have a spa and new eyes. Here he is on arrival in January:
Of course, he started with a bubble bath:
New stuffing is a must for patients going to the next generation, but he kept a bit of his original stuffing in a heart:
Then it was on to all new soft eyes:
His family wrote:
He looks great! Love the eyes!
Thank you again so much for your work, I can’t wait to surprise my husband with him :)
p.s. his original eyes went back home with him. His family wanted them for sentimental reasons. :-)
Now Cookie Monster’s cloth eyes weren’t the only ones this winter. I also had a visit from a turtle who’d lost an eye. His original was flat, and felt, so that’s what his new eye is too. He is over 50 years old and wanted to be presentable not to a new child, but to a new grandchild! So, he also had a spa. Here’s his arrival photo:
And here he is clean, able to hold his head up, and with 20/20 vision again: