What she means:
Why isn't the Heroes of Olympus a TV show? Why can't every chapter or two be one episode and every book be one season? Everything would come together perfectly. I mean, Rick's writing style already suits an insanely awesome action-packed TV series, let's all be honest. Plus, this would open up so many more gif-making and fanfiction-writing opportunities for the population of tumblr. I wish Rick would open his heart to turning his work into a TV show/movie once again even though his precious masterpiece that is Percy Jackson was trashed and shamed by the movies. I would watch the hell out of that show. And let's be honest, we all want Percabeth, Frazel, Caleo, and Jasper brought to life on the screen, don't we? DON'T WE?
- cue insecure Lance. You know that original story of the little mermaid where each step she took was like a thousand pinpricks of sharp needles on her feet, and she danced and danced all night long, ignoring the pain because she was dancing with her prince, and to turn herself into sea foam instead of killing her prince in exchange for her tail back? Yeah, that was totally Lance.
- he jokes around, making everybody laugh, annoys the hell out of Pidge and Keith… he becomes the Lance that the team needed. Not a sharp shooter. Not a capable fighter. Not a strategist. Not a good pilot. Not a person destined to be a defender of the universe. No, Lance became the jester. He became the person that changes the atmosphere when it was too serious or overbearing through ridicule and self deprication hidden beneath a clown mask.
- he convinced himself that that was his role to play and he was good at it. ‘Smile, Lance. The team needs an emotional punching bag and you got the short straw so suck it up.’ He says to himself when they’re in the common room and everyone paired up: Keith and Shiro all curled up in the sofa, whispering things to each other only they can hear; Hunk and Pidge huddled up in one corner tinkering and discussing robotics and the necessary code needed to make the thing work; Allura and Coran discussing diplomatic and trade advantages of the planet they will be visiting. And where was Lance, you ask? He was there, standing in one corner of the room wondering where he’ll sit. Just like high school all over again, oh where should the foreign student sit? The couple’s table? The nerd table? The class president’s table?
- They were about to land on the planet’s surface when they saw hundreds upon hundreds of Galra ships already waiting for them.
- They couldn’t form Voltron so close to the planet’s atmosphere for there may be collateral damage. So the Lions tried to lure the Galra ships away from the planet but it didn’t work. The Galra won this fight, thought Lance as he tried to clear an escape for the other paladins.
- But Shiro didn’t give up. He fought and he fought until he was surrounded by Galran forces. Shiro was caught and Keith screamed as his heart broke into a million pieces.
-Lance was the one who brought back the Black Lion but was unsuccessful to retrieve Shiro.
- The team was a mess, and Lance was there to take the punches. They blamed him for not fighting hard enough, for not making a clear exit for them, for not bringing Shiro back, for not taking the mission seriously… he took it all in.
- But despite everything, Lance was there to comfort his friends. He helped Pidge in completing her prototype, helped Hunk figure out the mechanics of Pidge’s invention, helped Coran in the castle’s maintenance, helped Allura broaden her search parameters, and lastly helped Keith mend his broken heart.
- He felt sick taking advantage of an emotionally vulnerable Keith but he was emotionally beaten too. Keith sought Lance’s humor to take some of the pain away and Lance was happy to oblige.
- Small touches turned to hugs and cuddles. Pecks on the cheeks turned to hot make out sessions, and eventually turned to sex. Lance indulged himself to enjoy these moments with Keith despite the Little Mermaid in him.
- But it didn’t las long.
- One night, after they cleaned up, Keith refused Lance to cuddle him. They sat on opposite sides of the bed and Keith decided to stop whatever they were doing. That Keith’s conscience can’t take it anymore, that he still firmly loved Shiro, and that he thought Lance could take Shiro’s place. He confessed that he sometimes- if not all the time- imagined Lance as Shiro and that he couldn’t so it anymore.
- To be honest, Lance already expected this but he didn’t know that it would hurt this bad. He allowed himself to feel love and gave love more than he should. He should know by now that it would bite him in the ass someday…
-Lance’s heart was beyond repair, so broken that the jagged little pieces no longer fit. He failed in making a clear exit, he failed as a Paladin, and he failed to make Keith happy.
- Lance snuck out that night, grabbing rations from the kitchen and said goodbye to Blue before buckling himself down in one of the fighter jets in the hangar.
- When they woke up the next day, Lance was gone. They checked the cameras and saw Lance take off into the night.
- They were now searching for two paladins of Voltron. They later found out what Lance did to the team’s dynamic, that without him the room is just cold and lonely…
- Days turned to weeks, turned to months, and still no Lance or Shiro.
- it was on day 253 when one beat up space ship crash landed on the castle’s hangar and there emerged Lance…
- he was bleeding profusely on one leg, limping as he shouldered most of Shiro’s weight who was equally as wounded. They were both battered and bruised, all violet, blue and broken bones. It was no mystery that Keith was the first one on the hangar, the first to rush towards them… and it was definitely not a mystery that Keith rushed to Shiro’s side.
- They were escorted back to the castle, but between the crying and the worrying, Lance was able to stealthily slip out of their grasps and limped his way to another fighter jet.
- when they were back in the castle ship, they noticed that Lance wasn’t there. They looked and looked and then realized that Lance flew a fighter het alone, heavily injured, and they have no clue as to why.
- Little do they know that he was captured by the Galra too… that after months of torture and illusions, Lance finally made a deal with Haggar: to let him deliver Shiro to the castle ship and in exchange, take Shiro’s place as their prisoner. Lance thought that it was a good idea for his friends needed Shiro. They needed a leader not a jester.
whew… i was feeling a little down and needed an outlet. Sorry for the Langst?