- On Sunday morning’s Meet the Press, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi told host Chuck Todd “of course” someone who identifies as “pro-life” could be considered a Democrat.
- “I have served many years in Congress with members who have not shared my very positive — what my family would say — aggressive position on promoting a woman’s right to choose,” Pelosi said.
- Pelosi’s remarks were in response to Todd’s prodding about Heath Mello, a Democratic mayoral candidate in Omaha, Nebraska, with a history of supporting anti-abortion legislation.
- Mello has since revised his stance on abortion rights to align with the Democratic party’s.
- But the candidate’s track record on the issue garnered attention when Sen. Bernie Sanders endorsed Mello in spite of it. Read more (4/24/17)
First time watching dwts live and Heather Morris gets eliminated? I don't believe I'll be watching anymore.