Here it comes again. Another season. Another set of hopes and dreams. Last season was so much better than Season 6 I have to say. And although this upcoming season is already tainted by the loss of Chin and Kono, I am going to remain optimistic.
I was heartbroken when word came out all those months ago about Grace Park and Daniel Dae Kim’s departures. And I was afraid that I would hold a grudge about the new cast members coming to fill the void. (Think Corin Nemic when Daniel was killed off of Stargate in Season 5. Poor guy never got a chance)
But I have to say from everything I’ve seen on the new cast members I am excited about their addition. Especially Meaghan Rath/Tani Rey. And that really surprises me. Being such a huge Kono/Grace Park fan I wasn’t keen on just anybody filling that spot on the team.
Tani seems like a very capable and kick ass lady from what I’ve seen. Meagan Rath is beautiful (though I still think Grace Park outshines her but still…) and as long as they give her character some substance I will be happy. I just don’t want her to become nothing more than a pretty face to fill the screen.
Anyway, onto my wishlist…
1. This has carried over from previous seasons and I still have to declare it. I want Danny to take Steve to New Jersey! I NEED this!
2. I want the restaurant storyline to be handled properly. Not just some throw away, on the side thing. But something substantial. I know it’s a side project but still give us something more.
3. Danny needs to break up with Melissa, ASAP! I have said it before and I say it again. Please, for the love of god. It’s unfair to her and she deserves better. So does Danny. And speaking of….
3a. Please don’t let Danny get back together with Rachel! Ugh!
4. Give us more about Will and Grace dating.
5. Give us good and convincing explanations about Kono and Chin’s departure. More concerned about Kono. Chin’s exit was pretty much set up but Kono is still a bit up in the air.
5a. To add to that, don’t have Kono sitting at home popping out babies as an excuse for her not to be on the team. Fuck that. She can work!
6. If Adam is going to be a consultant for 5-0 now, I think he should also be the business manager for Danny and Steve’s restaurant. He can take care of all the business logistics while Danny makes up the recipes and Steve can handle PR and relations.
7. Steve needs to break up with Lynn. There is zero chemistry there. He can’t even call her his girlfriend. She’s his lady friend. No, just stop.
7a. There’s been several mentions of potential love interests from Lenkov now. From Catherine’s return, a nurse that helps him with his illness, to Alicia Brown. I don’t know if this is just Lenkov stirring the pot or if he can’t make out a plan but stop messing with the man’s heart!
8. Don’t ignore Steve’s radiation sickness. He is not Superman. I don’t care how strong you are, the man is sick. He is already immunocompromised from the liver transplant and now this. Don’t sideline it like he’s superhuman. Let us see him cope with his limitations AND see the team support him through it.
9. Give us more McDanno!
10. LET STEVE MCGARRETT BE HAPPY FOR ONCE IN HIS LIFE!!!!
Meaghan Oppenheimer: happy birthday to my best friend and love @tomellis17. you make me happier than I thought possible for a girl with generalized anxiety disorder. you are the kindest person I’ve ever met in my life and to top it all off you’re really hot 🔥🔥🔥