Undertale Butterscotch Cinnamon Pie
Yields 8-10 servings
The things you’ll needIngredients
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup salted butter, ice cold
- ½ cup butter flavor shortening, cubed and ice cold
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk, chilled
- Egg wash
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- Large mixing bowl
- Pie plate
- Rolling pin
- Plastic wrap
- Dry uncooked beans
- Small bowl
- Small square cookie cutter
Let’s get started!Dough
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, vanilla bean, and salt.
- Add butter and shortening and then work between fingers until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Drizzle in ice-cold buttermilk and continue working to form dough.
- Form the dough into a disc and wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- When dough is set, roll it out to ¼ inch thick and place into pie pan and remove the excess.
- Roll out dough excess and cut out small squares using the square cookie cutter.
- Brush egg wash along the edges and then arrange the dough squares in a pixelated design.
- Prick the bottom and inside edges of the pie crust with a fork.
- 10. Cover the pie with plastic wrap and then fill it with uncooked beans. Wrap the beans with the excess plastic.Egg wash edges of the crust.
- 11. Bake for 35 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
- 12. Remove beans and allow it to bake another 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- In medium bowl whisk cornstarch, salt and egg yolks until smooth. Add the milk.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat and add dark brown sugar, and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Cook 3 minutes.
- Whisk in cream to the sugar mixture and then slowly whisk in egg mixture.
- Add salt and cinnamon and then bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Once thickened remove from heat and then whisk in butterscotch chips.
Time to decorate!
- Pour the filling into the pie shell and then smooth the top.
- Place the pie on a cooling rack for 1 hour and then place pie in the fridge to completely cooled.
- Remove Pie from fridge and cut a slice, serve with whipped cream and cinnamon stick garnish.