in my fandom youth, livejournal was a big thing and there was a community called 31-days where the goal was to challenge oneself to write something short for each day of the month, and users would submit theme lists each month
because i’m me i was never able to do more than one or two every few months, if that… but because me is also pretentious, i also liked these better than standard one word prompts or kisses or w/e
for example, the list for August 2011:
1. the dying of a small god within you
2. these small yet significant orbits in the language of desire.
3. I hope for a passion that could shatter illusions.
4. regret, that other form of hope
5. emptiness, boredom, an indifferent sky
6. sleeping the sleep of stones
7. all my life I’ve been a stranger to myself
8. the celebrated strangeness of another
9. following the rise and fall of another land.
10. I put my mouth on yours
11. your breathing changed as you kissed me in your sleep
12. things need not have happened to be true
13. tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot.
14. and we lie: ‘I’ll never leave you.’
15. your heart is made of steel
16. these inconvenient fireworks
17. in front of me, a stranger talks.
18. I stir fire into the bones of the dead.
19. this place called absence
20. the heart’s memory
21. two solitudes come nearer, recognize and protect and comfort each other.
22. here is no I or you
23. when she was alone, she kissed leaves
24. the kind of touch that means something too simple to say
25. how nice–to feel nothing, and still get full credit for being alive.
26. we are nothing but a bit of dust and shadow
27. full dark, no stars
28. if you’re so dead, why are your eyes so bright?
29. in the discorruption of flesh
30. in the middle of winter I at last discovered that there was in me an invincible summer
31. floating away in every direction
original post with notes and sources found here: http://31-days.livejournal.com/2727797.html
if these inspire anyone then :)