Alternatively Titled: Local Girl Digs Heels In So Hard She’s Laying on the Ground. “This Is My Home Now,” She Says.
Listen. Listen. No, I don’t know when to quit. Yes, I have a midterm tomorrow and am procrastinating. Shut up.
Now, since this is going to be long as hell (because I really don’t know when to quit), here’s a quick summary of my argument: 1. we’re building up to a leadership arc with Lance, 2. the pilot of the Black Lion depends not just on Black but on the team, and 3. Keith and Red still have a connection.
Blah blah blah, general disclaimer, I am probably could be wrong, lesgo:
Season 4 episode 6 sees the introduction of a new galra super weapon – a planet rigged to explode and take the whole solar system out with it. Right after destroying the galra stronghold on said planet, the team is suddenly surrounded by giant spire things and have no idea what they are.
And it’s Lance that makes the right call. He’s the one that not only says “hey let’s leave,” but also “and here’s how we’re going to do it.” He looks at this situation, sees a need to distance them from it immediately, and knows exactly who to delegate the task to.
- They’re out of highschool by the time they all get the chance to actually do this together. Richie and Bev have gotten a little stoned together before, and Richie definitely does it by himself, Bill’s done it with Richie a couple times too, but as far as everyone else goes, it’s just never happened before.
- Bev bought the weed, but since everyone helped pay, there’s a lot.
- They go to Bill’s apartment. (He worked super hard for it. It’s not very big, but it’s cozy and it’s his and he’s proud.)
- Richie brought his big ass, rainbow, glass pipe and shows everyone how to use it.
- Eddie’s hands shake really hard when he inhales.
- Bev shotguns Ben. She also blows smoke rings and teaches Eddie how to do it.
-Richie thinks that Eddie blowing smoke rings is the hottest thing he’s ever seen.
- Mike is REALLY good at maintaining, and off the bat he’s just so relaxed and serine, just nice, warm, and fuzzy. He can still hold a conversation without any hindrances.
- Ben is definitely that guy who’s like ‘I don’t feel anything,’ so smokes way too much, and when it does kick in, he’s SHOOK.
- With Bill’s permission, he builds a HUGE blanket fort, and everyone piles in. He’s like ‘Beverly, I made this for you, my queen,’ and she almost cries.
-Bev just wants to fucking watch cartoons. She talks to Eddie about superheroes.
- Ben, Bev, and Mike start talking about conspiracy theories, the meaning of life, cryptids, and, like, every weird thing Ben and Mike have ever read about, and Ben’s SO into it.
- Stan hates the feeling at first. It’s uncomfortable, he’s paranoid, and frustrated.
- Mike helps to relax him, keeping him level and reassuring him that everything’s okay
- Eventually Stan settles and just starts giggling uncontrollably. It’s almost out of nowhere.
- Bill is SO hungry. He grabs almost everything out of his kitchen and brings it into the fort like a dragon with a food hoard.
- Richie rests his head in Eddie’s lap and Eddie plays with his hair. Richie is in heaven.
- Eddie’s gushing over Bill, like ‘you’re so awesome, Bill, you’re so gorgeous, I need you to know how much you mean to me, look at me- seriously, I adore you, Big Bill’
- And Bill, still eating, is like ‘Eddie, I don’t know what I would do without you, you’re so smart, you’re my best friend, I want to carry you around like you’re a baby koala bear literally every moment of the rest of our lives.’
- And Richie’s like ‘Get a room. but invite me into it because you’re both so cute i can’t stand it.’
- Bill and Eddie both start coddling Richie and lavishing him with praise, and Richie’s just lying there, eating Bill’s chips in silence for once, beaming super wide, like fuck yea
- Stan turns on music and starts singing. He serenades Beverly, (Rio, Duran Duran) then Eddie, (Come on Eileen, Dexys Midnight Runners) and then gets about half-way through Pour Some Sugar On Me (Def Leppard) before Mike’s like “Hey, Stan, put your shirt back on’ because it didn’t look like he had planned to stop stripping.
- Eddie’s so enamored by Stan’s singing, like, everything is 100x more fascinating to him when he’s high, but he has a LOT of trouble focusing on more than one thing at once and is like “yeah…what?” every five seconds.
- Bill and Richie are Kings of the Munchies. “Bill… You know what would be amazing with this ice cream?” “What???” “Oyster crackers.” “I’ll drive.” Everyone else: “NO”
- Richie’s mostly quiet and in his own little world, but when he does say something, it’s completely off the wall, and he acts like it’s of the utmost importance that everyone pay attention. “…… guys, gUYS, You know what I think? We’re all caterpillars. We’re still like. Baby caterpillars you know? BEN. You’re a caterpillar.” “Why?” Stan laughs so hard he almost pisses himself, and just screams something to the effect of “METAMORPHOSIS, MOTHERFUCKER.” and Richie’s like “… pretty much.”
- Richie and Bill fight over the last snack-cake. Eddie takes it, splits it in half, and then hands a piece to each of them. Bill’s like “EDDIE, YOU’RE A GENIUS,” Richie’s like “Eddie, you’re the love of my life,” And Eddie’s like “Thanks, can I have a bite?” and they both, like shove each half into his mouth.
- Richie drags Eddie into the kitchen to get more food, but after ten minutes, Bill’s decides that he has to go check on them. When he doesn’t come back, Stan gets really fidgety and runs in after them.
- Stan does not come back.
- Bev: “Should we see if they’re okay?” Mike: “I got it.” He gets up and peeks into the kitchen for half a second before returning to his position in the floor, completely silent, but not at all shocked or disturbed. Ben: “Um…?” Mike: “They’re making out.” Bev: “Who?” Mike: “Yes.”
the fighter. has a strong and energetic aura, determined look in his eyes. the ambitious one who won’t stop until he reaches his goal. constantly on the move, whether it be changing schools, moving homes, or traveling. coarse and aggressive on the outside, but is truly protective and caring of his friends on the inside. always up for a debate, and won’t take no for an answer.
the gentleman. has rather soft and round features. sweet, polite, and shy. the kind of boy you wanna take home to meet your parents. the one you never notice until he brushes his hair out of his face, because that’s when you realize how damn attractive he is. self-motivated and goal oriented, but rarely speaks about himself. humble.
the playboy. devilish grin, twinkle in his eye. fun-loving. the type of guy who texts you asking about homework, but diverts the conversation to asking you about your love life. he’ll compliment you, woo you, but leave you hanging. a flirtatious guy who loves to keep you on your toes, but will disappear the moment you reciprocate his attention.
the sweetheart. baby-faced, dreamy eyes, amazing teeth. the kind of guy who’ll compliment you on anything and everything. wants to make you feel good, wants to see you smile. the kind of guy who, at times, takes care of others more than himself, because he knows how it feels to be left alone in the dark. can be sensitive and emotional, so there will be no such thing as “too much” reassurance.
the lover. passionate and competitive gaze, attractive smile. spiky hair. loves to be in love, craves your attention. despite his confidence, he can be just as needy and insecure as any other guy once he is comfortable with you. enjoys light and humorous conversations - will always tease you just to get a reaction. will always want to be physically close to you.
the adult. a clean, tidy look. stern and serious gaze, often immersed in his own little bubble rather than paying attention to his surroundings. looks extremely attractive in glasses. most of the time, is very booksmart - but can also come off as condescending. past that demeanor, he's the type of guy who'll show you that he cares by helping you out. a practical, grounded and sensible guy.
the sweet-talker. attractive voice, charming smile. humorous, flirty, and curious. loves to hear you talk about yourself - asks a lot of questions. enjoys adventures and romantic dates, and will always be willing to make time for you even when he’s busy. the kind of guy who loves to have a good time - you’ll find him destressing at a concert or a local bar at the end of the week.
the soulmate. piercing stare that’ll make your heart want to beat out of your chest. loud laugh. will always be intense in one way or another. once he has his eyes set on you, he won’t stop until he has you. devoted, passionate and hard-working. the jealous type, but does not often show it due to his overwhelming amount of pride. will do anything and everything he can to show you that he cares for you.
the child at heart. a child-like, juvenile persona. nice build, usually muscular and fit. the kind of guy who’ll make jokes at all times - even when it may be inappropriate to do so. loves to flirt with you, wants to take you on adventures. will always make you laugh. the kind of guy who likes to live in the present. open-minded.
the rock. cold and intimidating stare. usually extremely sexy and alluring, but unapproachable. may be quiet, reserved and unwilling to socialize at first - but once you break down his walls, you’ll realize how much of a gem he is. great sense of humor, although not everyone understands it. hard-working and mature for his age. will always make sure you’re comfortable and secure with him. the kind of guy you can always rely on and come home to.
the lonewolf. charismatic stare, sexy voice, quirky fashion sense. usually very well-spoken and intelligent. loves to have philosophical talks with you. has quite a lot of friends, but likes to spend most of his time alone. the kind of guy who fluctuates between giving you all the attention in the world to completely shutting himself out. complicated, but worth it once you have him figured out.
the romantic. messy hair, sleepy eyes, feminine features. the kind of guy who runs late to class more often than not. is extremely shy and may be insecure about himself, but loves to please you. may be afraid to approach you at first, but is a total chatterbox and goofball once he opens up to you. usually the designated driver, and is more than willing to take care of his loved ones.
Writers are not obligated to write your top and bottom preferences. If it’s tagged appropriately, and you don’t like who’s topping or bottoming, move on to a fic you actually want to read. We all have our preferences. But you don’t get to seek out a pairing you don’t like just to send the author criticism over it.
Not to be that person but I think what anon meant when they sent this is that even though most of us hc him as bi it’s still frustrating to only really see him flirt and be attracted to women lol and a lot of the staff working on this show talk about Lance only really liking girls instead of to boys too which a lot of media does unfortunately…I say this as a bisexual person too so..
Everyone Else: **claps for Screen Rant finally getting on board the Reylo train**
Me: **grumbling** thanks for making all those articles before about how abuuuusive Reylo is and how deluuuuuded fangirls were over it. I’m over here remembering how y’all were SURE ReySky was gonna happen and Reylo was a fangirl fantasy. But OK.
“We’re both so in love with each other and try to spend as much time as possible together! We travel to many different beautiful places regularly where Cole takes gorgeous pictures of me and we even share an apartment in Vancouver!”