If things feel helpless:
- You are loved.
- Reach out to that support system of yours- maybe that means family, maybe it means friends. Call them, talk to them in person, do whatever you can do. You’ll be surprised by how much talking it out can help.
- There is no shame in getting help.
- Do something for yourself. Maybe it’s little, maybe it’s big. Take a mental health day, workout, go get some coffee or tea. Read your favorite book, watch a sitcom. Clean, take a shower, get work done. Take care of yourself.
- Your feelings are valid.
- There are always options, even when it feels like this is the be-all and end-all.
- Things can change. Things will change. It won’t be consistent, there will be ups and downs. Through it all you are strong and beautiful.
- You are not alone.