1. We’re doing thanksgiving dinner at the in-laws tonight. My MIL has actually been working hard (it seems) to be respectful of our family, me and the kids. I️ appreciate that a lot. Still not really looking forward to dinner, but at least there will be lots of wine.
2. Batman is still really struggling in school. Mostly it’s just making noise, getting out of his seat, not doing work after several reminders. But last week he punched another kid, and yesterday he was spitting in kids’ faces — not mad, just “wanted to because it’s funny.” The school doesn’t really have any discipline options, they occasionally make him miss 5 minutes of recess but usually just send a note home or call and expect me to deal with it when he gets home. I️ just think that where he’s at developmentally, consequences several hours after the fact don’t do any good. Not sure what else to try though.
3. All the kids are out of school all next week, and I️ have Sunshine and Chunk while Grandma is at work Monday and Tuesday. Probably going to put a kid leash on Chunk and take them to the Children’s Museum (where all the crunchy moms will judge me for having 68 kids and one on a leash).
4. Flash has been on a roll behaviorally lately. The bedtime battle is pretty much gone, he’s been napping at school, generally less defiance for no reason. Sunshine seems to have settled down the last couple months too, maybe the Threenage stage ended when they hit 3 ½.
5. I’m only mildly stressed about the holidays at this point. We’re traveling for both thanksgiving and Christmas, but the boys are good travelers. Hopefully we won’t be blindsided by any holiday triggers.