rear window: the boy who cried murder<p/><b>an american in paris:</b> i guess we should add some singing to all of these dance numbers<p/><b>the philadelphia story:</b> i want you back, i want you back🎵<p/><b>how to steal a million:</b> gullibility and sarcasm fall in love and steal a dinky statue<p/><b>cabaret:</b> drag and scandalous dances in WWII<p/><b>the sound of music:</b> where a kid can be a kid (and fucking sing like a normal child)<p/><b>bringing up baby:</b> can we keep him? please?<p/><b>seven brides for seven brothers:</b> abduction cause its romantic<p/><b>singing in the rain:</b> good morning🍊🎵there are 16 oranges in every tropicana pure premiu-<p/><b>it's a wonderful life:</b> a cute old man fixes jimmy stewart's many problems<p/><b>the shop around the corner:</b> we're better staying pen pals than actually dating<p/><b>breakfast at tiffany's:</b> she's lowkey a psycho but it's all about love and cats anyway<p/><b>roman holiday:</b> tomboy princess takes a day off and then has to face reality again<p/><b>star!:</b> gertie get your shit together<p/><b>my fair lady:</b> men are snobs and the english have a social system based on speech<p/><b>sabrina:</b> you got hurt and couldn't go on dates with me so i dated your brother instead<p/><b>thoroughly modern millie:</b> everyone is extra and there are white people who play asian people and horrible sex trafficking but it's okay because carol channing<p/><b>west side story:</b> why the fuck do you love him after he literally murdered your brother oh well he died so who cares anyway<p/><b>harvey:</b> polite and innocent man is a bit loopy so everyone tries to lock him up<p/><b>gone with the wind:</b> you don't love me?!?! but you gotta, i guess i'll marry all of the south to make you jealous<p/><b>casablanca:</b> paris and kids being looked at<p/><b>the african queen:</b> oh we almost died but we didn't so let's kiss and build a torpedo from scratch<p/><b>on golden pond:</b> where everyone won best actor/actress and 74 year old katharine hepburn did her own fucking stunts<p/><b>annie get your gun:</b> frank butler is a fucking selfish wienie<p/><b>lawrence of arabia:</b> nice, noble man goes crazy over the course of 4 hours<p/><b>the wizard of oz:</b> everything magical and good in the world is a hoax, kids<p/><b>cinderella:</b> cinderelly, cinderelly, we're woodland creatures providing comical pastime<p/><b>snow white:</b> practice makes perfect, disney, because this movie was on drugs<p/><b>sleeping beauty:</b> let's take a story about rape and make it for kids but then add unrealistic body types<p/><b>gold finger:</b> look it's the german villain from chitty chitty bang bang in a bond movie<p/><b>chitty chitty bang bang:</b> this movie was also on drugs but it's still great<p/><b>funny face:</b> audrey and fred in france<p/><b>🌟i love all these movies so much so don't get your panties in a wad it's a joke:</b> <p/></p>
An outtake from The Retribution of Mara Dyer, from Noah’s POV.
This is an outtake from a very early draft of Retribution, one that originally included Mara and Noah’s POVs throughout. In that earlier incarnation, it would have taken place right before the subway scene. If you’ve read the books…you know the one. If you’ve read the ARC of The Becoming of Noah Shaw, you’ll recognise a name. Otherwise, know that this is unedited, not canon, and I’m just posting it for your reading pleasure. I hope you enjoy it. —
In the lounge-club hybrid, the smoke hangs thick in the air. Mara weaves sinuously through the crowd, the lights illuminating her body in flashes; the curves and lines of her in black and metal and punishingly high-heeled boots. Her arm is hooked in Jamie’s and Stella flanks her as I walk behind, looking for Leo. The place is packed, but amidst the grinding and thrusting, we find a table. I sit on a low sofa, legs sprawled, but Mara doesn’t join me. “What time is it?” she asks. “We have a half-hour before he’s supposed to be here.” “This is the random internet person?” Stella looks sceptical. I don’t blame her. “Jamie found him,” I say absently. It’s nearly impossible to care about anything with Mara in that dress. She catches the look on my face and interprets it correctly, judging by the spike in her heartbeat. “I want to dance.” I would join her, but someone needs to wait for this person I now loathe to show up. And besides, “I prefer to watch,” I say. Jamie smirks. ”I bet you do.” He holds out his hand to Mara, adding an old-timey bow. “I was king of the bar mitzvah circuit. I’ll dance with you.” Mara takes his hand and Stella sits beside me. A waitress-hostess-person comes round in a white bandage dress, leaving literally nothing to the imagination, and gives me a long look. “Can I get you anything?“ she asks, not breaking eye contact, and ignoring Stella completely. “Glenlivet, I say, looking to Stella. “You?” She hesitates, looking a bit lost. "Um, I’ll have wine I guess?” The waitress raises an eyebrow. “What kind?” “Riesling,” I say for her. “It’s sweet,” I say to Stella. “You might like it.” Somebody must. The waitress lingers for another moment but when I don’t return her gaze, leaves. “Thanks,” Stella says, and looks out at the writhing floor. "So when is this guy supposed to show up?” “He said midnight.” She looks at her phone. “He’s late.” He is, but it’s hard to care. The waitress comes back with our drinks and I hand her a hundred. Stella sips hers but mine is untouched. I can’t stop looking at Mara, and I’m not the only one. She and Jamie move in complete synchronicity, as if they know each other’s thoughts. “Wow,” Stella says. “Jamie wasn’t kidding.” “He wasn’t.” “Do you dance?” she asks me. “I can.” "So why aren’t you up there?” I look back to Mara again, her eyes closed, inhabiting the music. “Because it’s true, what I said before,” I tell Stella. “I prefer to watch.” She pauses for a moment. Then, ”Do you ever get jealous?” “Why would I?” “I don’t know,” Stella says, as Jamie’s arm hooks Mara’s waist, pulls their bodies together. “They're…pretty close.” “There’s nothing to be jealous of,” I say. “They’re friends.” “You sure about that?” This time, I do turn to look at Stella. “Are you trying to tell me something?” She shakes her head, glances down into her glass, but her pulse beats faster—I can hear it beneath the bass line. “If there was something to be jealous of, I suppose I would be. But Mara doesn’t want to be with anyone else.” Stella puts down her glass, and I hear her heart stutter. She swallows hard. “We’re not like them, you know.” When I meet her eyes they’re wide, intent. “You see that, right?” I do see it. I do know. It doesn’t matter. I say none of this out loud. “You don’t need to wait with me,” I tell Stella. “Go dance.” “You sure?” “I am.” She looks a bit reluctant to leave, at first, but I encourage her on and she soon falls into perfect rhythm with everyone else. Most heads in the club are turned to watch Jamie, and now Stella–they’re classically beautiful, pleasingly pretty. But it’s as if their eyes almost skip over Mara; you can’t stare at the sun too long without getting hurt. I can, though, and do. There’s a wild, blissful expression on her face—she looks otherworldly. Untouchable. And indeed, as close as she and Jamie are, there’s always at least a hair’s breadth of space between them. I lean back, legs stretched out in front of me, feeling the ghost of Mara’s lips on my neck, from before. Glitter flutters from the ceiling, sticking to her skin. She shines. Hearing her heartbeat, her breath, her sound in the midst of the thrumming music, if it can be called that, calls to mind an echo of a memory of the first time I heard her voice. It was in that club with Kent in Miami and I was dying of boredom and misery until her voice brought me to life. Woke me up. I could scarcely believe that she was real, but she was always more real than anything, than anyone. She makes me real. Without her, I’m not convinced I’d exist. She opens her eyes for a second and flashes me a smile, my smile, the one she reserves only for me. I want to taste it. Feel it against my chest. See that smile from above me. Immediately I feel the pressure of too many eyes on her bare skin and I stand and move toward her, cutting a line of stillness through the bodies. When I reach her I tilt my head down until my lips are at her ear. Contact. “Come,” I say, my voice low. She doesn’t ask where. She doesn’t ask why. She doesn’t need to—she knows what I want. And I can hear in her heart, in her pulse, in her breath, in her music, that she wants it too.
- Cleansing your space, tools, yourself, your grandmother, the neighbour’s cat
- Being patient and fair with baby Witches, you were one once so help em if they need it
- Baby Witches; If you need advice on experience, ask a Witch. If you need to know what a word means, ask Google. If you need to remove a certain someone from your existence, ask a demon. If you need to remove remnants of the certain someone from your clothes, ask a demon parent.
- Don’t police other people’s practices. You do you, they’ll do them, I’ll do me.
- If you don’t feel safe or familiar with something, don’t do it until you’ve researched it a bit. That’s the last time I try break dancing while doing a spell..
- Be realistic. You can’t fly, read minds or stop time. None of us can. Science and Witchcraft are like…the perfect couple. They take each other on dates, remind us we are stuck on Earth and can’t fly, they are always together like all the time. We need to respect them being together so we don’t get hurt.
- Have. Fun. Have so much fun, don’t stop with the fun. Just party all the time. It’s an amazing experience and it should be enjoyed. A L W A Y S
On a more serious note (booo!),please be respectful to yourself and everyone else. We are individuals, we do have limits and we do need to take care, and unless you can break dance don’t do it (I was kidding about that. I can’t even do a handstand)
Thought these might be fun? Ask me some and I’ll try(I can’t promise) to get something up for you later! these questions aren’t my own
1. What’s your middle name, and do you like it?
2. are you artistic?
3. Have you had your first kiss?
4. What is your life goal?
5. Do you have any expieriences with a famous person?
6. Do you play any sports?
7. What’s your worst fear?
8. Who’s your biggest inspiration?
9. Do you have any cool talents?
10. are you a morning person?
11. How do you feel about pet names?
12. Do you like to read?
13. Name a list of shows that have changed your life.
14. Do you care about your follower count?
15. What’s the best dream you’ve had?
16. Have you ever kissed someone of your same gender?
17. Do you have any pets?
18. Are you religious?
19. Are you a people person?
20. Are you considered popular?
21. What is one of your bad habits?
22. What’s something that makes you feel vulnerable
23. What would you name your children?
24. Who’s your celebrity crush?
25. What’s your best subject?
26. Dogs or cats?
27. most used social media besides tumblr?
28. best friends name
29. who does your main family consist of
30. Chocolate or sugar
31. have you ever been on a date?
32. Do you like rollercosters?
33. Can you swim?
34. What would you do in the event of an apocolypse?
35. Have you struggled with any kind of mental disorder
36. Are your parents together?
37. What’s your favourite colour?
38. What country are you from/do you live in?
39. Favourite singer?
40. Do you see yourself being famous some day?
41. Do you like dresses?
42. Favourite song right now?
43. Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable?
44. How old were you when you first got your period?
45. Have you ever shot a gun?
46. Have you ever done yoga?
47. Are you a horror girl?
48. Are you good at giving advice?
49. Tell us a story about your childhood.
50. How are you doing today?
51. Were you a cute kid?
52. Can you dance?
53. Is there anything you do that you can’t remember ever not doing?
54. Have you ever dyed your hair?
55. What colour are your eyes?
56. What’s your favourite animal?
57. Have you ever made a huge fool of yourself?
58. Do you have a good relationship with your parents?
59. Do you have good friends?
60. Are you close with anyone of the lgbtq+ group?
61. What’s your favourite class?
62. List all the tv shows you are watching.
63. Are you organized?
64. What was the last movie you saw? Opinion?
67. Which tv character do you relate to most?
68. What are some things that stand between you and complete happiness?
69. If you received enough money to never need to work again, what would you spend your time doing?
70. What would you change about your life if you knew you would never die?
71. What would you do differently if you knew that no one was judging you?
72. If you could start over, what would you do differently?
73. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
74. When was the last time you travelled somewhere new?
75. When you think of your home, what immediately comes to mind?
76. What have you done to pursue your dreams lately? How about today?
77. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
78. If you dropped everything to pursue your dreams, what would you be risking?
79.When did you not speak up, when you know you really should have?
80. Describe the next five years of your life, and your plans, in a single sentence
81. What would happen if you never wasted another minute of your life, what would that look like?
82. If you could live forever, how would you spend eternity?
83. How would you spend a billion dollars?
84. If you could time travel, would you go to the past or the future?
85. What motivates you to succeed?
86. What dream that you’ve had has resonated with you the most?
87. Would you rather live in the city or the woods? Why?
88. Do you believe in life after death
89. What teacher inspired you the most? How did they?
90. What’s your fondest childhood memory?
91. If you could have dinner with any one person, living or dead, who would they be and why?
92. What would you have to see to cry tears of joy?
93. What is the hardest lesson you had to learn in life?
94. What do you think happens after we die?
95. What would you do if you would be invisible?
96. What’s something you can’t do no matter how hard you try?
97. Would you want to choose the sex and appearance of your offspring?
98. How did your first crush develop?
99. Is there a feeling you are trying to ignore? What is it?
100. Do you live or do you just exist?