Okay everyone, listen up! All you special, perfect littles and all you special, perfect caregivers. I have realized that Daddy (Caregiver) Space is rarely mentioned on here, and while of course all us littles deserve the attention and care that we get, I think our Daddies/Mommies/Caregivers deserve the same attention and care they so constantly give us. So I thought of some ideas we can do to show our caregivers just how much we love them and appreciate everything they do:
1) find out their favorite candy and surprise them with it one day
2) find out their favorite dessert and bake it for them (be careful near the ovens and stove, cuties!) or bake it with them
3) draw them a picture or card, hand making it will show them extra love and care (and out to use those pretty markers they got you!)
4) ask them how their day went and listen/ask questions
5) if their day went bad, give them a massage or extra long hug
6) if their day went good give them the massage and extra long hug, too
7) find out what they care about and care about it too, support their passions
8) maybe save some money to surprise them with a grown-up daddy gift for one of their hobbies
9) find out what their style is and gift them with something they would like (watches, boots, t-shirts, ties?)
10) give them a spa day and give THEM the attention in the shower, the extra-long back rub, or the full-body massage
11) treat them and pay for something every once in a while
12) surprise them with coffee
13) make them a cup of tea or hot cocoa
14) make them lunch for work this time, and leave them a cute little note in their lunch box/bag
15) feed them and let them watch their favorite show
16) be interactive with what excites them too
17) send them cute little pictures you find online
18) pick up rocks, flowers, or twigs or leaves that make you think of them and give them as gifts
19) sometimes its okay to take the Daddy pants and wear them yourself, set the occasional rule for them if you see them struggling (communication is key, most really will appreciate the help they may feel like they can’t ask for on their own)
20) surprise them with breakfast in bed, or cook them dinner
These are just some of my ideas, and of course there is so much more you can do! you know you’re caregiver best and remember that communication is key. caregivers deserve to be shown they are loved to, and it will only make your relationship stronger. feel free to add anything! i just wanted to get some ideas out their for showing appreciation for them, they deserve it 😍
Things people who refuse to watch FMA 03 are missing out on, as chosen by someone who actually thinks 03 is terrible and swears by the manga:
The music. God, it was all so good! The OST, the openings, everything. Especially l’Arc~en~Ciel, the band which did the most songs for FMA out of any artist (with a total of 4), but only one of which was used outside of 03 (Good Luck My Way from Sacred Star of Milos).
Bratja deserves a special mention of its own. Bratja was a song from the OST originally in Russian, sung from the perspective of the brothers. A fan made an incredibly beautiful and poetic set of English lyrics, which quickly spread through the fandom and were even sung by Vic Mignogna, Ed’s English voice actor.
A lot of old fandom memes, such as “I love dogs”, “Tiny miniskirts”, “Colonel Mustang is dead sexy”, short rants, etc. Basically the precursors to the Flame Alchemist rap, in a way.
The origin of a lot of fandom tropes and ships. Like regardless of whether or not you like them, I think it’s important to understand where these things come from and why. R/oy/Ed, Ed/vy, El/rice/st, Pride!Ed, Envy’s popularity in general, Ed’s birthday, “real world counterparts”, and brown hair Al all have their roots in 03. It’s also the biggest reason for Hohenheim hate; 03 Hohenheim was an absolutely terrible person, and since he wasn’t shown to be a good person right away in Mangahood, a lot of us had a deep-seated mistrust of him.
Reole/Liore residents had dark skin!
More development for the Ishvalans, including actual names for some of them, and an entire episode about Al bonding with a pair of young Ishvalan boys who hold misplaced resentment for their dead mother. Ever wonder why that one kid who saved Scar from the sewer is sometimes called Rick? 03 is why.
The Tringham brothers! There’s an episode (very loosely based off one of the light novels) where Ed and Al encounter a pair of alchemists about their age using their identities to do some… less than responsible research. Fletcher is my son.
Aaron Dismuke, Al’s original dub voice actor. He was fantastic, but he was also an Actual Prepubescent Boy who hit puberty just after the series finished, hence the recast for Brotherhood. Aaron returns in Brotherhood as the voice of young Hohenheim.
A lot more comedy. While the manga was full of funny scenes, Brotherhood cut out the majority of them. 03 had a lot more jokes, including episodes 13 and 37, which were fucking hysterical.
Adaptations (albeit not the best) or some bonus content from the manga, such as extra chapters and one of the light novels, as well as a lot of early chapters that Brotherhood left out. Meaning Youswell actually gets an episode!
A lot of early “villain of the day” type episodes, which although weird and nonsensical, were a lot of fun and are great if you feel like watching FMA but don’t want to jump in at the middle of the plot or rewatch Reole for the gazillionth time.
I’m going to be completely honest with you, as an Al fan who’s very picky about visuals, Al’s armor looked way better in 03 than it does in Brotherhood. (Aside from the inconsistencies with his eye color.)
Winry and Sheska’s alien witch hunt. No, I’m not making that up.