i think this ‘exciting news" just brought the fandom more down than up.
Even tho I’m a bit more calm, I’m still mad how they are going ruin my fave just to make us love her(which btw it won’t work with me). It’s mad how he loves more a character that has no backstory than his own legacy character.
Anyway, if you want to vent, feel free to come chat with me. xx
It would be REALLY FUCKIN GREAT if white people, SPECIFICALLY WHITE PEOPLE, would call out colorism and whitewashing within fandom.
When you leave it just to poc, not only are we having to look at things that actively harm us, but we’re having to waste time and energy on educating people.
But not only that, every single time we call it out, and I mean EVERY time, we also have to deal with racists coming out of the woodwork and harassing us for us calling it out, even months or years later on this garbage hellsite.
What can you do as a white person?
• educate YOURSELF
• educate fellow white people
• call colorism out when you see it
• when you see a poc trying to call it out, support them. Maybe message them to see if they’re okay, and definitely join in in the callout publicly to show that racism isn’t acceptable. (Just don’t talk over poc)
• QUIT SUPPORTING ARTISTS THAT WHITEWASH. Don’t give the artists your uncritical reblogs. Don’t just reblog with commentary in the tags. That doesn’t help. Call it out or don’t reblog. Simple as that.
• if you see people harassing poc for calling colorism out, defend them. Maybe send the person nice stuff to cheer them up. I know it always lessens the burden for me when friends tag me in or message me cute stuff, even if they don’t have the ability to get into the fight. Support poc.
And perhaps most importantly:
Quit ignoring posts like these where poc ask you to be a better ally.