Concept: Virgil and Logan in a little book club together.
This is such a cute idea! Especially if it’s their own personal little book club, cause it lets them share things they love with each other. And that’s so cute.
- He loves reading about mythology. Greek Gods and Goddesses are a big yes. And Egyptian Mythology is just so cool like “Have you read about Osiris Logan??? Cause you really need to.” And he can go on for hours.
- Virgil also likes to read scary stories. He’s read a lot of Stephen King and Edgar Allen Poe, and yea, it freaks him out but Logan reminds him that they’re just stories and it fits his aesthetic. He’ll torture himself to an extent for the aesthetic (and he gets cuddles from Lo when he gets too scared, so there’s an added bonus but shhhh Logan doesn’t know about that)
- Virgil has a secret soft spot for love stories and YA romance because it can be sweet and silly and sometimes there’s vampires or other monsters. He started reading it before he was accepted, because it gave him some hope of being accepted by the others and getting some love. No one knows and he hasn’t found a way to tell Logan (but Logan sees the browser history at night when he’s up late, Virgil isn’t as sneaky as he thinks, though buying and reading them online was a good attempt (Logan goes and reads them too so he can see what kinds of romance thing Virgil likes))
- Virgil will go on forever about the books he likes. He has theories about why things that weren’t explained happened or how the middle was better than another part or vice versa. He knows fan theories and he can go into detail on the universe and how it might look in real life (”It’s called world building Logan, it’s important”).
- If Virgil thinks the ending was terrible then Logan knows he’s in for a rant, but he loves seeing Virgil get passionate and he would listen to it any day of the week.
- Logan loves Sci-fi stories. They’re so fun and there’s fact mixed in with the fiction and it’s like going on a hunt for the things he loves to see and read. There’s so much in them that could one day true and he just “can you imagine being able to just go to Mars anytime you wanted to Virgil?!? It would be amazing!”
- Logan also loves reading fantasy, something you would think is left to Roman, but it’s a “guilty pleasure” for him. He loves the worlds and how illogical they can be. That’s what draws him in. (“But YOU’RE Logic!” “Shut up Virgil.”)
- Biographies are his jam. He could go on and on about his favorite historians and the reason he loves them. He could talk forever about the life of different scientists and their discoveries. He just gets so lost in it and he can’t stop himself (not that Virgil wants him to, excited Logan is so cute)
- He has an appreciation for poetry. And by appreciation I mean that Logan can find a poem he (or that he knows Virgil will) loves and read it over and over until he has it memorized. And then he’ll recite it. And it’s so beautiful and mesmerizing and Virgil loves it. It’s something Logan will do at random when they’re sitting together or when he’s holding Virgil because he “scared” himself while reading one of his horror stories. It’s soft and precious and they both love it without admitting it.
They’ll both start it by accident too. One will be ranting about a book, and the other hasn’t read it, so they trade and let the other read it and come back and do it all over again. Patton thinks it’s adorable bonding time and it let’s Roman come up with new ideas without being shut down right away.