So I wanted to share my interpretation of this photo of Touka.
I have seen a lot of talk how this is meant to foreshadow some sort of death with the almost rural cemetery in the background. However, I want to focus what it means in-light of recent chapters. (I have not seen this mentioned so apologies if it has already been done).
Touka is holding Kanekis mask from Tokyo ghoul and later, the mask he uses in Tokyo Ghoul:re. The Eye-patch.
Now masks, as well as being something that covers and hides the individuals identity, is also a metaphor for that person. The masks are used metaphorically to show that the person has something they are hiding. Their is a fundamental reason or complex that they do not open up to other people. For Kaneki, it was his abuse and neglect that led him to hide his emotions.
This led to Kaneki permanently wearing a mask, acting to the role he thinks is best to take. The Kaneki up till recently has been a lie, a projection of who he wants to be or who he sees he needs to be.
The reason he does this is he believes it is to protect others. However, as identified by both Hide and later relayed to Touka for herself to confirm, and confront Kaneki about, he does it for himself:
This ultimately became one of the reasons he met his demise in V14, at the end of Tokyo Ghoul. He did not rely on those that wanted to help.
So what does this have to do with the photo of Touka holding his mask?
Well, I believe it means just that, Touka removed his mask, she has in a way removed the facade he had always been holding up.
She is smiling back at him, ready to accept the man underneath the mask, the man she waited for.
This correlates with the most recent chapter, as by letting himself cry after receiving affection through making love, he is showing his true self and let his emotions show to her.
And this ultimately will help him get to the point of recovery.
So i was looking through Tumblr as usual and found a few Lapis redesigns, they’re very beautiful with color changes and additions, and that got me thinking. Many of you complain about Lapis’s design and i get it, she’s brighter than my future and doesn’t have those golden specks that you see on real Lapis Lazuli stones.
Is she a gem or a glow stick amiright?
But here’s something i realized, you know the Ruby crew, the group of Rubies that are surprisingly diverse.
One of the first things you notice is their different color tones, from the light Eyeball to the darkest Leggy, and people have speculated that the lighter a gem is the longer they have lived. Eyeball has seen the war, she witnessed Rose shatter Pink Diamond with her own eye, so it’s safe to say she’s been around longer than the rest of them. Leggy is the newbie, and as we can see, she’s the deepest red of them all. Knowing this, i believe the reason for Lapis being so neon (although they could have washed her down a bit to be easy on the eyes) is because she’s very old. Like eyeball, she’s had a front view of the war, and who knows how long they’ve been in existence before that.
Now, let’s move on to the gold specks that everyone loves to put in their fanart. Like her skin tone, many find it an issue that she’s purely blue, but that’s no mistake; our Lapis is not just any Lapis, she’s what i would call “expensive”. Here’s a Lapis Lazuli of higher value:
Do you see gold or grey? no? that’s because of it’s lack of pyrite and calcite, which makes it more valuable. From this, i can assume that this stone has a lower quality:
And this one? probably at the bottom of the barrel.
If i’m indeed correct, just imagine the variety of Lapis Lazulies on the show. I’d absolutely LOVE to see a freckled water witch, or a blue and grey cutie who might be seen as inferior but we’d fancy her nonetheless, or at least one with deep blue skin that the critics wish our Lapis had. I might be wrong and made this whole post for nothing, but i just had to get this off my chest so all of the confusion would hopefully clear up.
My thoughts on what could happen in tomorrows clip, if Sana does in fact go to Isak and Even’s place.
I think tomorrow’s clip could potentially be where Even and Sana’s connection comes in full circle. Last season, the first Friday clip after the hiatus was Isak coming out to Jonas. And Julie has said how the response to that clip meant a lot to her and so I think tomorrows clip will also be similar in style. Discussion, no drama, and possible breakthrough moment.
Sana texted Isak when she was upset. I believe we were supposed to interpret that moment as Sana wanting to study with Isak, so that maybe she can get info on Sara from Isak. Info that could potentially be used to expose her online, as she was just rudely talked about online in a public forum. We know that Sana is regretful that she wrongfully accused Jamilla of something she did not to. So why would Sana want to potentially do something similar again to Sara. 1) Sana is upset, feeling completely disconnected from her friends, and just very lost right now. 2) She is more certain now of what Sara has done. Whereas with Jamilla she assumed before getting all the information.
We are supposed to assume that Sana will go to Isak and Even’s to get info on Sara. But will she? I don’t think so. Its really important that Sana is going to Isak’s place because Even will most likely be there.
How does Even relate to all of this?
Even has not had the best experience with social media. We know he posted stuff on facebook. We know it was all so bad that he completely deleted all his social media. There is a good chance that after what happened, Even may have been bullied online in response to his own posts. Even knows the harm that posting on social media can do and potentially how exposing other people online (as he may have been), will not lead to anything good. Because as Isak said “girl you can’t run away from the internet.”
Even and Isak (who is aware that Even wrote stuff on facebook) will not give Sana info on Sara. Right now Sana needs someone to talk to (aka Isak and Even in this case), not someone to convince her to expose Sara online. It’s not the right response. There are other ways to go about it.
When Isak told Sana all that stuff about Sara the other day. He didn’t tell her because he wants Sana to expose Sara on facebook. Isak doesn’t know whats going on with the girls. All he knows is that Vilde, Eva, and Noora are all Sana’s closest friends. He knows Sana is a good person. He was telling her, your friends are getting played as a heads up.
If Even talks about what happened to him in relation to social media, we will get Even explaining what happened with Isak present, what exactly the fight was all about, and Sana finally having someone to talk to. Because as the doctor told us last season, we all need someone to talk to, we can’t go through things alone.
Sana may go into the situation hoping to get info on Sara but I hope instead it will end with her finally texting Jamilla. That would be really nice.
Or this could all be wrong who knows. All I know is that Sana has a good heart, she is a great person. As much as she wanted to send Sara that comment today, she didn’t. That’s important.
Tony: Oh, good. You’re back.
Bucky: We have some exciting news. Steve: Okay. Tony: As you know, Bucky and I have been together a long time, and a lot of things I never thought possible now seem possible. Sam: Okay. Tony: After a careful evaluation of our relationship, we decided that the time was right to take a step forward. Steve: Okay. Tony: Do you want to say it? Bucky: Let’s say it together. Both: We’re getting a turtle! Sam: This is why I’ve been saying we should keep champagne on ice. Bucky: Sarcasm? Tony: Yes.
Spencer’s twin was definitely the one talking to Wren. I’ve created a list of evidence from this scene alone.
1) To get Ezra’s attention ‘Spencer’ says ‘Ezra?’ and it sounded as if she wasn’t sure it was him, even though he is facing her.
2) At first, Wren and ‘Spencer’ are arguing and it sounds like she says 'don’t call me that’, this could be in reference to him calling her Spencer/twin etc. Ezra definitely didn’t interrupt a friendly conversation between the pair.
3) Her outfit is different from the earlier scene with Furey. She doesn’t have the trench coat, the top is slightly different and her signature watch is missing.
4) When Ezra leaves he says ‘Spencer’, and the camera pauses on her face and she sounds disappointed (see image below). This connects with her asking Wren to ‘stop calling her that’.
Hey guys, I’m hopping on the theory train at least two weeks late because that’s how I roll. Anyway, a lot of people here have a headcanon that Dark is manipulating The Host for his power and loyalty. While that does fit within Dark’s character, I have a different interpretation. I believe that the Host is equally powerful, or even more powerful than Dark is. Hell, as the Author he could CONTROL THE FUTURE TO HIS WHIMS. That’s some power right there. My personal headcanon is that when he lost his sight he lost the ability to control the future directly, but he gained the ability to predict and “see” future events perfectly. That is what makes him an important asset to Dark. Who wouldn’t want to have a right hand man that can legit tell the future? But, I also theorize that Dark isn’t manipulating him into it, because he knows the Host wouldn’t fall for it. Sure, he’s the master manipulator, but it’s pretty hard to manipulate someone who can see the future AND any secret intentions you might be hiding behind sweet talk and fake friendship. The Host is an extremely powerful entity who may have been set back by losing his sight but is still invaluable to Dark’s plans. I see them as less of a situation of forced servitude and more as a partnership and mutual respect, true respect, unlike what I think is happening between Dark and Wilford. Tell me what you all think!
Oh and I accidentally posted this onto my art blog and it won’t let me delete it.
WHY TUMBLR. WHY.
I see y’all saying Lucas will explain why A.D. is torturing the girls now but… I don’t think so.
He says ‘that’s why you were tortured’.
Lucas was close with Charlotte. I’m sure he visited her in Radley when we thought he was seeing Mona. He probably helped her play the game, and let’s not forget Lucas’ girlfriend that didn’t show up back in S5.
He’s going to tell his story with Charlotte and explain to the liars the real reason why she tortured them back then.
What I need answered during the finale episodes of Gotham...
- Is Lee going to die? Is she going to be cured? Will she be the one to leave Gotham forever? If she’s cured will she somehow end up back with Jim?
- Who are they going to reveal as Harley Quinn? (I’m getting vibes from Lee and Barbara, but I’m hoping that they’re both red herrings and it’s either a new character or like Isabella because I’m desperate lol.)
- Who’s going to fix Bruce? Is 00Alfred on the case?
- Synopsis says Fish, Ed, and Oswald will work together. Does Ed agree to this because he admits he does love Oswald? Or is it just Fish saying that the two of them both need to “get over it” and be friends again? Both?
- What has Fish been up to all this time? Why is she holding those test tubes in the promo photo? Is that the virus or a cure? What is her goal right now?
- How did the Court get their hands on Strange?
- What will Oswald learn from hanging out with and probably torturing Strange?
- Why does the GEYCEYPEYDEY have Oswald? Did they catch him being a criminal? Because Ed would be able to find him on his own, so I think the police actually have him in custody or something.
- Who broke Jervis Tetch out of Arkham in the first place?
- Why was did the Court “have their eye on” Oswald earlier in the season? Was it just because he was mayor? Which leads to my next question…
- Why did the Court lock up Ed and Oswald instead of killing them? What exactly was the plan here?
- Will our villains encounter Ra’s Al Ghul or just our heroes? Could he have an interest in the villains? Could hehave anything to do with IsabelLA? Will his appearance leave us shook?
- How will Ed be “outdone?” And by who? Will Fish drop a bomb about Isabella or the Court? Will Ra’s Al Ghul show up and blow his mind?
- Will Jervis Tetch rhyme his way onto the Riddler’s shit list?
- Will any other characters lose a hand?
- Will Oswald finally learn about Ed’s seductive hallucination?
- Will we end with Nygmobblepot alive and well in some way, shape, or form? Or will they end up reluctant business partners?
- Will Edward “I’d do anything for you” Nygma FINALLY confess his love? (There was no way he didn’t have feelings for Oswald before Isabella came around and blew holes in my ship come on people re-watch those episodes)
- Will we finally get the kiss Nygmobblepot deserves?
- WHO WAS ISABELLA?
- Will I be able to breathe the entire 2 hours or should I have an ambulance on speed dial?