I always love Roman’s responses in interviews. They’re just honest and real and he really don’t give a fuck.
- Like the part where he says that him and Cena are NOT friends and though they have respect for each other, business wise, they really are competing against each other.
- Or the part where he said he really doesn’t care what Cena thinks about him, personally or in the ring. That’s why Cena’s jabs at him in ring have no effect on him whatsoever.
- Or the part where, in developmental, he wanted to be the best at this. He wanted to do this. He had to do this. That he was frustrated thinking he wasn’t going to be what his family needed him to be and not be good enough to do this.
- Or the part where he talks about being with his babies and all he wants is to be a good father and husband and provide for his family.
- Or the part where chants like “You Can’t Wrestle” or shit of that nature don’t phase him at all because as the interviewer said, “you’re one of the best in ring performers, not only in WWE, but in the world and you have to know how good you actually are in that ring”. Roman has confidence in himself and knows what he can do in that ring, but says he’s learning and progressing every day.
- Or the part where he talks about “main event energy”. And he talks about how he prays before he goes through the curtain and asks to get that experience of full blown big fight energy.
- Calls himself and the other bigger dudes in that Summerslam main event: “set of meatballs” (
put that on my tombstone)
- Or the part where he’s told that AJ Styles said that the minute he locked up with Roman, he knew it was gonna be special and his response is that he has deep respect for everyone he wrestles and that both he and AJ know that their program was special.
- Or the part where he jokes about how he’s gonna use a HEAVY DUTY ZIPPER for No Mercy. “Only one Big Dog is coming out that night.”
(side note: he said that it really was broken that Monday on RAW. That he was doing a self-check two minutes before he had to go out and broke the zipper handle. He couldn’t do anything about it because he would have to take off everything to put on a new pair of pants. And that he was actually surprised Cena picked up on it, but was glad his “Big Dog” line worked and is now famous.)
More interviews please.
Listen to this one here.