Oh wow it’s prom season again so I thought I’d list a few reminders:
• You can take a disabled person to prom without calling the news
• You can nominate a disabled person as prom king/queen/etc without calling the news
• You can give them a wonderful night by just treating them with respect and having a good time.
• If you’re asking a disabled person to prom, please remember it’s not about you. Do not ask them for “self glory” or “brownie” points.
• Remember to ask them if you genuinely like them as a person and wish to spend prom having fun with them.