A series that doesn’t pull out its punches from the the what a cartoonish universe could bring if subjected to the rules of real life, tons of foreshadowing, character arcs and doesn’t settle for happy go lucky endings or clean resolutions.
Then you’ll love Bojack Horseman.
In addition to the above it has accurate portrayals of clinical depression, never treats feminist issues as a joke, and shows the logical consequences of Hollywood lifestyle’s of celebrity culture, shallowness, excesses and obsession with glamour and perfection.
I was tagged by @fullmetal-fitblr for something cool, too! I like this! Answer 11 questions, make up 11 questions.
1. Tell me about your favourite childhood pet. Billie!! She was a little black cat who lived with us from the time I was about 8 until I was about 31. YEAH, REALLY. Most cats have 9 lives. She had 99. (Srsly…she survived 3 days in a tree, a shot in the ass with a BB gun, multiple surgeries, a brain tumor, and a really freakin’ long time) She was a sweetheart, a scary good hunter, and Missy Dog’s BFF. She was also a wonderful accessory for my goth phase. I really needed someone to purr at me back then.
2. If you could learn everything there was to know about a particular topic, what would it be? How to be a successful nonfiction writer, so I could learn everything about MORE topics! Like Mary Roach!
3. You have to tattoo one inspiring word to yourself on your body. What is it? (OMG THIS IS HARD) Human. It would simultaneously be a reminder that I am human and deserve to be treated as such, and that I am ONLY human and deserve to screw up every now and then.
4. Do you have any hobbies? Drawing, gardening, crochet, and farming simulators >.>
5. You get to spend the day with a celebrity/musician/artist. Who is it? Von Miller. He’s a damn good football player and a local celebrity…but! He also started a charity to give eye exams and glasses to kids in need! I’d pick his brain about the nonprofit sector, and figure out how I could be most helpful.
6. If you could be great at any sport, which one would it be? Running. I want to run the Bolder Boulder, a 10K at 5400′ with crazy hills and crazy costumes and crazy people. I want to run in costume, take jello shots at the unofficial aid stations, and finish the race.
7. Where would your dream home be located? Tell me about it. A few blocks north of Liz’s dad’s house. I’d love for her to be within walking distance of both parents…but I also want to be out of his city limits, in the suburb with the better fire department, EMS, and police department.
8. In which fictional world would you like to spend a year? Pelican Town! Stardew Valley! YAAAASS
9. Pick a superpower. Any superpower. FLYING. Then I wouldn’t have to be scared of heights.
10. What is your favourite drink? Coffee with cream
11. Are we mutuals? Why did you start following me? We’re mutuals. I went on a fitblr following spree a while ago, and found you. And then I stayed because you’re super awesome.
1. Do you like your name? 2. How would your pet (or an animal you know) describe you? 3. What is the best thing about your house? 4. Share some advice, please? 5. What’s your favorite video game? 6. Do you have any items from your childhood? Which ones? 7. If you could spend an hour with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? 8. What is one of your pet peeves? 9. Now the opposite: What is one of your favorite little things? 10. What is one thing you’re really good at? 11. Are you a “regular” at any bar, restaurant, or coffee shop? Describe it.