hell yea so here are my thoughts it’s really spoilery because the show came out here yesterday and i watched it just now (at night) so i may be incoherent bear with me!!
- starting from the ending, ADAM WARLOCK WILL BE IN THE SERIES. so fans speculated he’d show up in this movie because of the after credits scene in the last Guardians movie depicting a broken cocoon. that was a good guess but it was incorrect. he didn’t show up in the movie at all he actually came up in the post credits scene! ‘She’ (or Ayesha) supposedly created him and decided to give ‘He’ the name Adam aka Warlock.
- in the comics Warlock is given the Soul Stone and currently that’s the last Infinity Stone so it’s going to be amazing to see whether or not he comes into owning it (theories are that Heimdall possesses the last stone, it’s going to be interesting!!)
- i hate Peter’s dad. screw him HOW DARE HE PUT A TUMOR INTO PETER’S MUM’S HEAD WTH????? die you prick die (though Peter with the cool energy thing from being half celestial was rather amazing, pretty sad he doesn’t have that power source anymore unless the marvel creators decide on a new source) also Ego (his dad) having thousands of children just to find a compatible one to rule the universe (aka destroy it) with him is just awful ew
- BABY GROOT IS PRECIOUS I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU COME NEAR HIM (the flipping part where Ego the arsehole was trying kill the Guardians and Groot was being squished and he started crying oh my god my heart) also him not understading crap is adorable (PRECIOUS BABY OF THE GROUP) also the post credit scene with teenage Groot going through puberty was hilarious i’m dead. ALSO HIM DANCING WHILE THE REST ARE FIGHTING A MONSTER AND THEM CONSTANTLY HAVING TO TAKE CARE OF HIM aka GAMORA WAVING HI, ROCKET STOPPING MID WAY TO TELL HIM TO SPIT OUT A BUG AND HIM BEING ANGRY AT DRAX FOR DESTROYING THE STEREO PLAYING THE SONG HE WAS DANCING TO LMAO
- Mantis is precious and innocent and oh my god Drax going “you’re ugly” and then going “that’s good cause if someone loves you then you know they do.” beautiful people don’t know who to trust - absolutely true. and at the end when he went “you’re beautiful, on the inside” #yes
- Peter and Gamora are my first hetero ship in years. #thisunspokenthing (them dancing to Sam Cooke was just awwwww)
- Peter being a precious bean and carrying around a photo of Hassleholf all the time to pretend that he’s his father and all he wanted was to play ball with his father and the first thing he did with Ego was play with a ball of energy. it’s a sweet moment despite how dubious the whole thing seemed.
- Nebula character development was one of my favourite things ever because she went for “i will kill you Gamora” to “I just wanted a sister” gosh the feels, such a good movie.
- Gamora, Drax and Rocket referring to the Guardians as a family #best
- Groot making Yondu an honorary Guardian
- Yondu being the best father figure to Peter ever and him dying and me sobbing horribly in the theatre (my awesome friend was crying with me and she was handing me tissues bless)
- okay symbolism time, Peter had his Sony WALKMAN to listen to his mum’s Awesome Mixes and when Ego destroys this, he eventually receives another device from Yondu to listen to over 300 songs on. The WALKMAN is akin to his old family (his mother and Ego) and his new player is a representation of his new family (the Guardians and Yondu)
- Ayesha (’She’) is pretty cool but christ she is scary. The Sovereignty armada is pretty cool, it’s like a giant arcade where the people are shooting their targets virtually through drones. Pretty interesting stuff (especially with the video game noises)
- Rocket being referred to as a “triangle-faced-monkey”, “raccoon”, “fox” etcetera. and him being a giant softie inside because of his beginings (also him referring to Ego as a one-inch-tall man and winking with his wrong eye HAHA)
- i laughed too much during this movie bless me
- STAN LEE IN SPACE
- Sylvester Stallone !!
- 700 jumps and face warping #priceless
- Howard the Duck cameo
- horrendous inneundos everywhere help
- FANTASTIC SPACE FIREWORKS FOR YONDU’S FUNERAL YAS HONOUR HIM YALL
SUCH A GOOD SHOW IM SO HAPPY GUYS GO WATCH IT SOON OKAY
edit : omg i typed this at 3am and wrote Arnold Schwarzenegger instead of Sylvester Stallone oh my brain HAHAHAHA
you know, i got this url back the first week the game came out. at the time, i thought it was a matter of spoilers. after all, it would be super spoilery to grab a fuckyeahasriel url. i thought fandom would just accept that flowey was asriel, and if they loved him as a goat kid, they would also love him as the character he is for 95% of the damn game.
never in my wildest dreams, at my time of finishing that game, would i have predicted that people would pretend flowey and asriel were completely separate characters so that they could make (1) complex character into (2) shallow characters. and yet. here we are.