I’ve been in this fandom for two and a half years now and only now do
I finish my android Adventure and Fact core designs. Adventure is
basically diet-Indiana Jones and Fact is… a know-it-all nerd, I guess.
The motivation to finish these totally didn’t come from something I’m posting on Monday, nope that’s just silly…
Anyway, Procrastination is one helluva drug.
Please don’t tag as kin/me - Please don’t repost to other websites
- Please don’t remove caption ✮
29/04/17 || I had a minor panic this morning about exams, I thought I planned them wrong and that schedule wasn’t working for me anymore so I took a deep breath after freaking out about it and rescheduled everything so it should work now. Beside that I’ve finished one of my semiotic books and started the other one, which is a manual and I studied three chapters of that, so today was definitely productive.
This doesn’t really apply to tumblr as much as it does my other social media platforms cuz I haven’t really cared about tumblr very much in a WHILE, but I’m coming to realize that I’m not really getting the enjoyment out of my social media platforms that I used to, and that I’ve been upkeeping them as makeup pages out of habit and obligation. I don’t plan on having makeup artistry be part of my career, and at this point I feel like my ideas are contrived and repetitive and I never like any of my results because I have no motivation. It’s starting to detract from my life instead of add to it. You’ll probably see a few more fashion posts from me as I finish up posts for my sponsors, but then I think I will be using this how most people use their social platforms. To share my life and experiences with anyone interested. That may includes some makeup/fashion stuff here and there, that’s just because it’s always something I’ve been interested in and old habits are hard to break, but that won’t be the attempted focus of this page anymore.
I’m not going to worry about if I’m bothering people with personal posts anymore, so I’m just going to share what makes me happy.
Thank you for supporting me, and I hope you’ll still stick around just for fun
Hey, can u give me advice on how to study effectively? It seems like 10 hours study session is not enough for me.
Hello! I recommend checking out my ‘study tips tag’ but my personal top tips are:
1. Fully engage yourself when you are learning. That means no going on fb and getting distracted in class. Make sure you are actually comprehending stuff and ask questions if you don’t! It’s better to spend an extra 10 minutes and more brain power making sure you understand things, than 2 hours later in the semester trying to figure things out for yourself.
2. Try different study techniques. This includes note taking techniques. For example, I started off my international law course taking handwritten notes bc I learn the best handwritten and writing important stuff down compared to just transcription what the teachers says. But then the teacher started to talk too fast and I realised the most effective note taking method is to take notes on my laptop. Tried flash cards? Tried Cornell method? I have a study group where we get together every week and go over class material. At first I found it annoying bc I felt like I did more work while I was working alone, but then I realised after a few weeks, that although my study group didn’t go through the material as quickly, I had a significantly better understanding of the course. So DONT BE AFRAID TO EXPERIMENT!! DONT HOLD ONTO THE THOUGHT THAT QUANTITY IS BETTER THAN QUALITY.
3. Review your notes consistently. I always review my notes after class, sometimes rewriting them (only do this if you have time, I rewrite my notes bc I need to anyway for an exam summary for law at the end of the semester). It’s always nice to read over your notes once in a while and familiarise yourself with them.
4. Be flexible and realistic. Like I said before, I started off writing notes then went to typing notes. At the beginning of the semester I use to rewrite my notes for legal theory, but now I don’t have time with all the assessments so I just try to write my notes nicely in the class and then fix them up a bit afterwards.
5. Think about what study method would be best for your subject. This sort of ties in all of the above.
6. Ask your teachers and your peers. They’re the best people to go to. Your teachers can give you an idea of how the course will be run, at least. You can find out different study methods and try them! This is a really underrated tip.
7. Understand things > memorise things. I used to be so meticulous and do notes for all my lectures and readings. After I asked a few friends, some told me they just high light the readings. At first, like the study group, I couldn’t comprehend how someone could do well in a subject without having notes. But it turns out they didn’t think they needed notes as long as they understood the concept.
8. MOST IMPORTANT TIP: PRIORITISE. All of this leads to prioritising. The hard truth is you can’t do everything, the most successful and intelligent people I know know how to prioritise. If an assignment due tonight is worth 10% and an exam on tomorrow is worth 50%, put the exam first and get some extra sleep.
Have a planner to write down everything that’s due and prioritise the biggest tasks. If there’s anything u can finish in less than 10 mins, do them first!! In my daily planner, I only put 3-5 tasks, never anymore. Those are my priority tasks that I have to finish that day.
I really tried to add fluff to this!! I really hope it’s enough.
You hissed in pain as you peeled your uniform off the wound you received during patrol. It was a stab wound from one of Two-Face’s goons, but that didn’t mean it was painless. Removing the blade was easy, but stitching yourself up was the problem. Alfred would have had stitched you up by now if you returned to the manor, but you couldn’t go back there. You were sick of the nonstop mental abuse from your partner, Robin, and tonight was the last straw. You were patient and kept your mouth shut whenever he opened his mouth, but he took it too far. Once your top was removed, you placed gauze on the stab wound and grabbed the needle and surgical thread you kept in your apartment. As you were stitching yourself, you replayed what had happened a few hours earlier and wondered why he was always such an ass to you. It wasn’t like it was your fault you got stabbed, you actually saved Robin from getting a knife to the heart, but you guessed that he didn’t appreciate you shoving him away from death.
1. First of all I want to thank the whole noragami fandom for being a bunch of awesome people. It’s nice to see that the fandom really cares about their members and treats everyone with mutual respect. There are many fandoms with shipping wars and hate but noragami is compared to them peacefull (at least on tumblr xD) I’m happy to be part of this fandom!
Summary: It had been years since you had last since Jimmy. The two of you were highschool sweethearts, until you parted ways. After a horrible breakup with your two timing ex-fiance, you transfer to the U.S.S Enterprise. Finally coming face to face with the boy you left behind. Can the two of you work alongside each other in peace? Or will the past come back to haunt you?
so i was just casually thinking about michonne’s reaction to rick’s apparent death for the millionth time, you know as one does, and while i think i understand why people thought her reaction was out of character i can’t say i agree. tbh, i think it’s the exact opposite: it’s the natural culmination of all the character progression she’s gone through over the last few seasons.
Here is my entry for Ash’s 2k Writing Challenge! I had so much fun with this, and it really kind of got away from me. I mean … I had to break this up into three parts because it’s 9017 words altogether. I apologize for nothing. I LOVE stories about college students and their professors, and that was initially my idea for this, but it didn’t work out like that. I hope y’all enjoy this. ;)
PROMPT: Teacher Negan CHARACTERS: Female reader, Beth Greene, Negan, (these following characters are just mentioned) Glenn, Morgan, Sasha, Spencer, Rick, Olivia, Abraham, Rosita, Aaron, Darryl WORD COUNT: 3996 WARNINGS: Language (Since it’s a Negan story, what do you expect?), explicit sexual content, semi-public sex (kind of?)
You sat down at your desk, smoothing your hands over
the top of it. You took in a breath and let it out slowly, taking your time in
looking around the room. There were twenty desks set up in rows, four desks to
a row, five rows in the room. There was a podium at the front of the classroom
that was all but begging for a new paint job, a large cabinet behind your desk,
two whiteboards on one wall, a chalkboard on another, and absolutely nothing
but stark white paint on the walls on the other two walls.
You took a pen from your purse and a yellow legal pad
from your patterned messenger bag your mom had bought you as a graduation
present. You started to make a list, and at the top, number one was Paint podium. Number two, almost if not
equally as important was Rearrangeroom. You couldn’t stand the typical
classroom set-up that your room currently held. You wanted something that would
excite the kids, something that would make them want to come to your class and
learn from you.
Well … that was kind of a long shot. You were teaching
junior high English. The kids in your classes would be out of the childlike
innocence of liking school. These kids would be hating school, constantly
pushing boundaries while trying to figure out who they were, all the while
dealing with raging hormones.
So you guys have been demanding for this to be written since April, and I thought.. well, why not? But I’m going to make this clear now, there will not be a third part to this fic. I just wanted to kick off for whenever I open all Logan requests again sometimes within the first or second week of June!
Previously - Logan learns of your pregnancy through Lauras confession.
Now - Snippets of the most precious times throughout your pregnancy lead you up to one of the happiest days of your life; the birth of your daughter y/d/n Howlett.
Warnings: none? Logan is head over heels for his daughter????
ITALICS ARE FLASHBACKS; flashbacks are a sonogram appointment and Logan meeting your baby for the first time. Anything in regular text is present.
Guys, when I open my Logan requests again, I’m going to finish the fics with no links in my Masterlist; AND THEN I AM ONLY TAKING THE FIRST DOZEN REQUESTS. I have no motivation to write for Logan anymore (I still love him tho) and would much rather write for someone else given that he has the most prompts of any character in my masterlist.
Tom Riddle x reader - Harry Potter song for tha mood: LANY - The Breakup
Requested- Heyy. I love your writing. I don’t think there’s anyone as good as you with HP imagines. Could I have an Imagine with Tom/Harry/Draco (you could pick one) where he breaks up with you for someone else or something else but regrets it later. - Thank you for the kind words xxx ilyyyy
- - -
“What are you talking about, Tom?” You blink quite a few times, trying to put some sense back into your mind. You think you misheard him, but the look in his eyes tells you otherwise. It is saddening to watch him with a new bruise on his left cheekbone and pain plastered across his face that seems emotional instead of physical.
He straightens himself up, “Let’s break up, y/n. We need to stop. I can’t do this any longer.”
When you pass by him in the corridors or the common room, you can always feel his eyes on you. And when you turn to look at him, he’d miss your glance. As much as you hate to admit this, you’ve missed him terribly. But you know you shouldn’t. He is a poison that you can’t help taking. You know it will be the death of you, but you feel like you’d die anyway without him. Now that the poison is out of reach, there’s nothing you can do. He never told you his reason for the breakup.
But now as your eyes meet, you fail to stop yourself from tearing your eyes away from his familiar ones.
Alright, so this is from my Deviant Art and I’ve been meaning to finish it but never found the motivation, so I’m gonna transfer it here and see what you people think and then not be able to ignore it anymore so I will get my lazy arse in gear. Let me know if this is worth transferring here, I don’t want to do all this and have people think it’s horrible…
“Sif! Sif!” You called out, gasping as you ran. “Sif!”
Mylene didn’t care anymore, after spending months mourning her dearest friend and crush of so many years, she rushed forward, breaking down, no longer caring if what she saw was just another dream.
Jumping into Ivans shocked and confused form, mylene let herself go, sobbing into his chest as he wrapped his arms around his favorite person in the whole world.
No longer questioning how ladybugs power could bring someone back from the dead, the pair settled with staying in each others arms, never daring to let go.
Watching Chat cautiously, Ladybug set the butterfly free from her yoyo…
Of course what she expected was a white purified butterfly to fly out of the container, Indicating her victory. What she didn’t expect however, was to see her bright red yoyo fade to an ash black color, and once opened, a small cloud of ash fluttered away into the wind.
“What in the world…“ Ladybug thought.
The sky, Ladybug’s and Chat’s wounds blew away in the form of ashes as well, wiping away all the destruction from ladybug’s and Chat’s previous fights.
Of course her confusion melted away to concern and curiosity to the slowly standing figure of the now very noir chat in front of her.
Refusing to help him up due to her long nurtured distrust for him, ladybug stood in her spot hesitantly, watching chat with unwavering concentration. Chat noir, with a small, almost unnoticeable grin at her understandable behavior, accepted her uneasiness and stood up by himself, struggling a few times along the way.
Taking a moment to take in his now normal suit chat remembered his kwami, and glanced at ladybug with a wavering look of "could I go for a second to let my kwami go free?” Recognizing his question immediately ladybug resolved to glaring at chat; making him fully aware that she didn’t trust him yet, so she wasn’t about to let him out of her sight, even if it made his kwami wait just a moment longer before finally being able to relax. Chat winced at her glare, but kept his feet planted to his spot, too terrified to even shuffle his feet. For he knew all to well of what happens when you cross paths with an angry ladybug.
Speaking of angry ladybugs… He had a lot of apologizing to do…
” Uh… Uhm… I…“ chat whimpered with embarrassment, wincing at his strained voice.
"Stop” Ladybug said stiffly.
“It wasn’t your fault, you didn’t do what you did on purpose, and you probably had an extreme reason as to why and how you stayed transformed for so long; and I will find and kick your ass later but for right now I need… toaskforyourhelp.” Ladybug finished quickly.
“People are going to want to see who the "terrible chat blanc” is, and seeing that everything’s been cleaned up, the people are going to know I defeated you and their going to want a body. Or at least a person to arrest.“ Ladybug said matter-of-factly.
"As much as I hate you for your actions I hate the person who controlled you a lot more. So maybe if you help me find the culprit the city won’t demand your head on a stick. maybe.”
“So to sum it all up I don’t hate you, I forgive you and I need your help to find the bad guy to save your sorry ass yadda yadda .” Ladybug finished quickly again.
Tikki, who up until then was sobbing at Ladybug’s attempt at murder to an innocent victim, (“yeah right, totally innocent” Ladybug thought sarcastically) sighed in relief at marionettes gesture, relieved at how her chosen didn’t kill her enemy. And chose on her own to help the poor lonely cat redeem himself.
Chat however was dumbfounded.
Ladybug, as far as he knew, was powerful, protective, and determined; there was no way she would forgive him for causing so much trouble. Yet here he was, standing, alive, and unharmed by the indestructible girl standing before him.
“I’m so sorry” chat said defeated.
“Look Cha-“ Ladybug started.
"I understand you want me to help so as to clear my name, which by the way I cannot even begin to comprehend as to WHY You would want to help me, but honestly I can’t accept your offer.” Chat spoke out with a stern voice.
“ I destroyed the city, hurt hundreds of civilians, killed countless others, and almost killed you!” Chat shouted on the verge of tears.
“It may have not been me doing it but I still accepted fa-Hawkmoth’s offer, and I can’t let myself move on knowing I did something so awful, WILLINGLY NO LESS!!!”
“Chat”, Ladybug snapped whilst losing her patience.
“No I can’t DO THIS ANYMORE, I can’t live with the guilt of hurting you, OF HURTING INNOCENT PEOPLE!!”
"I CAN HELP YOU CHAT!”
“NO YOU CANT!!!”
“CHAT LISTEN TO ME!”
“WHY DO YOU WANT TO HELP ME!?”
“BECAUSE I CANT FORGIVE MYSELF!!!”
crying… Ladybug was crying…
“Because…” Ladybugs voice was choked up with withheld sobs, the fear and grief breaking the floodgates of her mind and releasing the emotions she tried so desperately to keep control of.
“It’s my fault!”
“I let this happen!”
“I hit you and I freaked out!”
“If I didn’t scream at you all of this wouldn’t have happened!”
“None of this!”
“THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!!!”
All that pent up aggression, self hatred and exhaustion finally tore her apart, leaving nothing but a kneeling sobbing girl behind.
Chat could only watch helplessly as his long running enemy shriveled up into a ball of complete misery before him. For what he saw before him was himself; the broken child whom thought he had no other choice but to become a monster in hopes of one day bringing back what he lost so long ago, appeared before his eyes, and it rocked him to his core.
Chat sympathized with her.
This was all because of them.
They were brought into a world of heroes and villains with no instructions other than the order to defend their city, but they instead broke it. They tore it up together within their devastating tango, each at each other’s throats. But they were free now from their seemingly endless struggle, and they were both going to fix it.
“You know what? You’re right, we can’t change the past, but we can change ourselves; and we can make up for both of our mistakes, ” Chat said comfortingly.
“Let’s go clear up the both of our names.” Chat said with respect and rejuvenating confidence.
Ladybug looked up at the boy she forced herself to hate, and saw hope. Her enemy stood before her with a genuine smile on his face, a smile that she wanted to see again and again. Though she didn’t understand why. She saw redemption standing before her helpless form, reaching out a hand to lift her up and bring her back to who she was meant to be.
A true hero.
Wiping the tears from her reddened eyes, ladybug gently grasped Chats powerful clawed hand with her own. A few minutes ago she would’ve hated to have been near his deadly touch. But Ladybug quickly washed her thought away and let her new ally lift her off the ground into a new beginning for the both of them.
- Ethan going through a period of having absolutely no motivation, whatsoever
- Like he wants to do things, but he just can’t when he tries
- Tyler being really helpful and picks up any time sensitive things that Ethan doesn’t get to
- Ethan feels bad and thinks he owes Tyler
- So he tries to make things right by forcing himself to finish work, even if it means he forces himself to stay up all night doing it
- Ethan feels like Tyler won’t want to be with him anymore if he doesn’t get things done
- It’s one AM and Ethan still hasn’t gotten home
- Tyler goes all Mama Bear mode, calling Mark and everyone, asking about Ethan
- Kathryn tells Tyler that Ethan was still at the office when she left
- He gets to the office and Ethan is curled up in his chair, breathing heavily and shaking
- Tyler immediately pulls him from his chair and onto the couch
- Ethan clings to him and just starts sobbing
- “I’m so sorry, I can’t do this. I’m a failure. I owe you everything for picking up on my slack because I’m so goddamn lazy.”
- “Ethan, stop it. You’re not a failure and you can do this. You don’t owe me anything. You’re just going through a rough patch right now and I am here helping you, like I will whenever you have a rough patch. In all honesty, just forget about work for a little bit. Take care of yourself. Mark’s got plenty of help here for you to take some time to take a break. Breath. In… Out… Good. Come on, let’s get you home. You need to sleep.”