I had a really tough day in school today but it got better when I saw your headcanons! May I please get Otayuri headcanons too?
Ahhh, I’m sorry you had a bad day, friend! I hope it gets a lot better! :))) In the meantime, have some headcanons from a fic I was playing around with but probably won’t end up writing because I’m a lazy piece of shit:
- Yuri gets a lot of presents in the mail from this one person who never leaves his name. They’re mostly tiny things, cute little gifts that Yuri falls in love with at first sight, and can never bear to throw away, even though he keeps saying that he’s going to.
- He wears his collection of grumpy cat pins (there are nine of them; he received them from his anonymous donor who isn’t a fucking secret admirer shut up Victor over a span of five months) on his favourite sweater all the time.
- On one occasion he gets a receipt for a donation to a cat shelter under his name, and he gets so !!! about it that he has to Skype Otabek to tell him about it. Otabek just listens quietly, with that little smile he always wears when he’s listening to Yuri talk, and promises to also make a similar donation to the cat shelter after they’re done talking.
- Yuri low-key (Okay, high-key. Sue him.) likes Otabek so much. But Otabek is so hard to read, and Yuri isn’t going to do anything about his feelings until he’s sure that Otabek likes him too?
- Here’s also another thing: Otabek never gives him presents. Like Yuri sends Otabek birthday/Christmas presents in the mail, but Otabek returns the gesture. Like, okay, Yuri specifically asked him not to, and yes, he did tell Otabek that he doesn’t like receiving gifts, but still.
- Let’s fast-forward to some time in the future where Yuri goes to visit Otabek in Almaty, discovers the stash of tiny trinkets that Otabek has stored up in a room, and-
- There are awkward confessions. And then probably a lot of kisses.