Hey everybody! I’ve finally got some money put back for this, and just in time — to celebrate 20,000 follows and 300 Ask Sam Stuff entries, I’m whipping out a contest parallel to Sam’s big beautiful B-day.
For the month of April, I’m hosting an Ask Sam Stuff contest that leads up to Sam’s birthday!
The basics are simple: pick an asksamstuff entry that you enjoyed or have some interest in, and expand upon it or recreate it in whatever way you want!
It can be fanfiction, fanart, crafts of some kind, or even edits! So long as they link with the selected entry in some way in subject matter, they’re all perfectly within the guidelines. I want to see how amazingly creative all y'all are and expand our love for our boy, Sam Winchester (though of course, other characters are totally welcome, so long as you have Sam in there as a focal point). Post your creation to your blog with the hashtag #asksamcontest so I can find your entry throughout the month of April; you can also use @asksamstuff in your entry somewhere to ping me to it, or e-mail me a link at email@example.com.
Be sure to link the asksamstuff entry that it is based on in your contest post, or let me know which entry your post is based on via message!!
At the end of April, I will collect the entries and pick the winners of a select group of prizes!
The categories are: fanfiction, fanart, and fanedits (crafts will be placed under fanart unless I recieve a decent enough count to make a fourth category). Judging will be based on how well the entry is done — not just in artistic ability, but in effort, creativity, uniqueness, and so on! So don’t feel discouraged; a lot of it will come down to personal preferences and different ways of selecting winners.
There is ONE person who will get a top prize — a unique and one of a kind Sam-centric fancomic, 15-20 pages in length, printed and shipped to their house with a special thanks printed in the back! And it will be entirely based on one of your own prompts that you supply when the contest is over. It will have a thank you letter and will be solely your own to do with as you please; your eyes only, unless you’d like to post it or what have you. It’s all yours! (As a note, it may take a few weeks for this to be completed and shipped out, so bear with me; light character shipping is alright but nothing too dirty, I’m a prude).
From there, here are the prizes for winners of individual categories!
• Two winners of each category will get to choose between a grayscale copy of any of the asksamstuff volumes, a color copy of The Little Golden Hunter’s Book — OR a piece of art based on a prompt they offer, if they already own the books or prefer a drawn picture.The art will be personalized with a thank you and can be sent to you, if you would like that instead of being gifted digitally.
• A listed number of runners up will recieve a notecard with an original hand drawn Sam Winchester and a personalized thank you, as well as some stickers, in a cute little envelope!
• Everyone who participated will be listed on a masterlist of entries for all to see, as well as a link to your blogs, that will remain linked on the asksamstuff blog’s navigation page. ♥
The only requirements for entering is the following:
• Fanfic should not be any longer than 10,000 words. People who can pump out more than that are so cool and I want your powers, but I want to be able to judge everyone quickly, and I fear I may not have time to go through long entries!
• Mark anything NSFW as such! But these things are not excluded, so long as they’re connected to the asksamstuff entry you selected.
• You have to be willing to give me an address to ship things to! If you’re very private and you’d rather enter but get an art piece or whatnot via e-mail, let me know when I announce the winners. I will ask winners to e-mail me at that time with addresses and what prize they want. Please be sure to be available via e-mail! Tumblr is very wonky sometimes.
Also again, be sure to use #asksamcontest so I can see it!
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED MAY 2ND, ON SAM’S BIRTHDAY, AND YOUR WORKS WILL BE POSTED IN A LIST FORMAT FOR EVERYONE TO BROWSE!!
Me coming to the abrupt realization that Johnny Seo is the most caring, corniest and loving man out there and therefore the Best Man Alive™ and I can’t BELIEVE I exist on this planet at the same time as him
Clary and I have always had each other’s backs. We had our entire lives. That’s more than I can say for you or Alec. You do not get to talk about Alec, mundane!
So I’ve watched this scene many times and like many others, that “lap dog” comment bugged me. I often wondered why would he let someone refer to Alec as his lap dog, why would he let anyone demean his parabatai like that and then immediately proceed to defend Alec. But that’s just it. He’s defending Alec. Every time he spoke out against what Simon had said during that scene, it was only to defend Alec.
I care about a bunch of people. Just don’t care about you. Me, or what… What’s it called, your… your parabatai? Whoa, watch your mouth. You don’t know a thing about me and Alec.
Twenty bucks says he leaves you hanging tonight. Not a chance.
Anytime Simon said anything that indicated that Alec isn’t honorable or reliable or trustworthy, you can see Jace get noticeably irritated.
But when Simon had a go at him, “You treat him like a lap dog,” he didn’t bother saying anything against it, he doesn’t care enough to defend himself. Jace said in this scene that he cares about a lot of people, that Simon just wasn’t one of them. So he didn’t care about Simon’s opinion of him. But he cared about what anyone else thought about Alec to say ‘no, you’re wrong, don’t talk about something you know nothing about’, even if it was Simon. Basically if anyone questions Alec and his integrity, or go after their bond, and Jace will have have no problem telling them how wrong they are.
(Another thing about the scene above is as soon as Simon outright said that Alec doesn’t have his back, Jace snapped. I can’t help but wonder how many instances that came to his mind where Alec did have his back in all the years that they have known each other.)
I totally didn’t stay up till two writing Sabezra angst…I don’t know what you are talking about….haha *flops*
So, I kind of wanted to write, and then I just got a spark of inspiration and well, this is the result. It’s a sequel to “Distant”, which is from @meldy-arts’ future AU. It’s not really what that one person requested…but it was really fun to write. All the feels, and I kind of accidentally threw in a funny reference to this post as well….xD
Anyways, this was fun to write even if I did stay up a little too late writing it haha *rolls away listening to “Runnin’ Home to You” because it came on and I decided to use a lyric from it because reasons*
hey!! so i used to be @february22 but tumblr temporarily deactivated my blog and i?? felt this was a good time to just start over?? so yeah it’d be super helpful if you could maybe promo me by reblogging this to let others know!! i’m a lit blog and i tend to post (or will post) about aftg, soc, pjo, etc. thanks!!